Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What Takes More Time?

• 190 posts
    November 30, 2017 6:44 PM PST

Nuggie said:

Facial hair for me. 

@ the people who say name: you dont use the same name from game to game? How do your friends know who you are?

Some of us are weirdo roleplayers and reusing a name can feel... strange when you've used it with a previous character.  ;)

• 62 posts
    December 1, 2017 9:10 AM PST

Creating a character always takes a long time, but of course it depends on the character creator. The more options the longer it takes. Mostly then it is the face/body ratio and the shape of the face. For hair i have always chosen bald since starwars galaxies for any game. That alone has s(h)aved me a lot of time for creation my alter-ago.

But because i tend to spent a lot of time on my avatar, i do take my time to carefully create him.

I did love on Vanguard where you could save and load a template and change appearance whenever you wanted in the login screen.

• 178 posts
    December 1, 2017 10:32 AM PST

Kilsin said:

When creating a character, what is the most important part for you and what part takes you the longest to decide on? #PRF #communitymatters

what beer to drink while i am customising the character.

also how long is the beard should be, it cant be a short beard of a woman, and it cant be too long beard cause it will get tangled in the trousers when you have to go to the loo...

• 118 posts
    December 1, 2017 10:35 AM PST
    My first char is always a breeze because it's always the same but after that for alts it's always the damn name.
    • 1303 posts
    December 1, 2017 10:47 AM PST

For me the two things that consume the most time are choosing race/class, and choosing a name that's appropriate to that race/class. 

Appearance is a secondary thing for me, and I don't usually go to crazy with it. I find that the more "unique" I try to make a character look, the less happy I am about that look over time. Whereas if I go with more middle of the road appearance I'm less concerned with it as the character ages. 

• 35 posts
    December 1, 2017 2:25 PM PST
    @Frogz0r - A thousand times yes!

Name is always the hardest so I end up reusing names that I’ve already sweat blood over
    • 1714 posts
    December 1, 2017 2:45 PM PST

I hit random a few times until I get something good enough. Name, on the other hand, I will agonize over. I will have a longish list of potential names for different race/class combos ready to go. 

This post was edited by Keno Monster at December 1, 2017 2:46 PM PST
    • 8 posts
    December 1, 2017 2:53 PM PST

The Name. It's more important than the cosmetic look of my character.

• 9115 posts
    December 1, 2017 3:10 PM PST

Great answers folks, thank you! :)

• 1921 posts
    December 1, 2017 7:18 PM PST

For me, because classes change so much over time these days, I try to pick a class that, even if it's nerfed "into the ground" it will still be viable at max level.

Inevitably, I choose... poorly. :)  I pick quickly at character creation, because I've done all my research and testing during beta.
    But then after the first few patches, instantly regret that decision because of the inevitable "balance adjustments" that take all the fun out of the class I picked. heheh.

• 19 posts
    December 5, 2017 5:13 PM PST

Name and beard

This post was edited by Rucus at December 6, 2017 6:34 PM PST