Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

lifetime subscriptions

• 45 posts
    November 14, 2017 9:20 AM PST

I would pay for a lifetime subscription, but I dont think I could make that decision before I played the game for a few months.  Most likely what I will do is sign up for a yearly subscription and if after 6 - 9 months I am finding that I am totally in love with the game (and i do expect I will be) then I would change to a lifetime if it was offered.  However, if it is like LOTRO, the lifetime subsciption offer was a limited time thing.

• 3016 posts
    November 14, 2017 9:26 AM PST

starchildren3317 said:

I would pay for a lifetime subscription, but I dont think I could make that decision before I played the game for a few months.  Most likely what I will do is sign up for a yearly subscription and if after 6 - 9 months I am finding that I am totally in love with the game (and i do expect I will be) then I would change to a lifetime if it was offered.  However, if it is like LOTRO, the lifetime subsciption offer was a limited time thing.

My lifetime sub for Lotro was bought just after beta testing,  and I don't think any game that is offering lifetime goes much beyond that time period.   As they need the subs to keep the game going,  and their creative teams producing content.   And my lifetime sub with Lotro is good until 2037, which will make me 84 yrs old at that time.   Bought it in around 2007.  :)

Cana

This post was edited by CanadinaXegony at November 14, 2017 9:29 AM PST
    • 2752 posts
    November 14, 2017 9:55 AM PST

Krixus said:

They already have it with kickstarter pledges. 

Yes but that was a very limited run and not something that will be available to the majority of the Pantheon community (at such a good price for the player if at all). 703 people with a lifetime sub (+whomever has pledged 10k since) isn't going to hurt their income at any point.

• 70 posts
    November 14, 2017 8:13 PM PST

You too can have a lifetime sub for a mere $10,000.

• 3016 posts
    November 15, 2017 10:29 AM PST

hackerssuck said:

You too can have a lifetime sub for a mere $10,000.

Or you could have got on board early ..in 2014 and got one for much cheaper.   But I realize that a lot of people didn't hear about Pantheon til a year or two later,   I believe the pledges were changed in 2015.

• 21 posts
    November 22, 2017 3:11 PM PST

While I'm not against offering lifetime sub, at more reasonable prices besides the $10,000 one, I'm also reminded of another game that I was looking into before it got canceled at what one of the CMs said.  That lifetime subs that work are generally offered at a bit above the amount of time that they believe the average player would play.  So if the pantheon team considers that players will play atleast 4 years on average then a lifetime sub would cost somewhere around $720 at $15/month.

Personally I only got a lifetime sub once, for The Secret World.  Decent game, but didn't have the content to keep me interested in it long enough to matter.  I played for about 8 months.  Personally I'd never do it again.  No guarentee I'd get my money's worth and TBH the risk of not liking a game and only playing it for a year doesn't offset the chance that I'll be playing it 5-6 year later and makes some money off of it.  I could invest the money I save in the short term and that would lengthen the time I would have to play before the lifetime sub is worth it.   

• 3016 posts
    November 24, 2017 9:29 AM PST

Nedrith said:

While I'm not against offering lifetime sub, at more reasonable prices besides the $10,000 one, I'm also reminded of another game that I was looking into before it got canceled at what one of the CMs said.  That lifetime subs that work are generally offered at a bit above the amount of time that they believe the average player would play.  So if the pantheon team considers that players will play atleast 4 years on average then a lifetime sub would cost somewhere around $720 at $15/month.

Personally I only got a lifetime sub once, for The Secret World.  Decent game, but didn't have the content to keep me interested in it long enough to matter.  I played for about 8 months.  Personally I'd never do it again.  No guarentee I'd get my money's worth and TBH the risk of not liking a game and only playing it for a year doesn't offset the chance that I'll be playing it 5-6 year later and makes some money off of it.  I could invest the money I save in the short term and that would lengthen the time I would have to play before the lifetime sub is worth it.   

The Lotro lifetime sub was $200.00,  not sure who the beancounter was for Turbine,  but perhaps that wasn't a very wise decision going forward.    Still I bought it, and can play free any time, no restrictions.

Paid much more for Pantheon,  took me a few months to get the money together for the Originator pledge in 2014,  but I think its well worth the cost.  :)

Cana

• 60 posts
    November 24, 2017 9:37 AM PST

Most I would pay for a lifetime subscription is around $400.  Any more than that, the customer takes too much of a risk that the game will not be around long enough.