Forums » Fan Fiction

The Decision

• 53 posts
    September 22, 2017 1:21 AM PDT

My daydreaming was interrupted by 10 firm digits poking into my lower ribcage in places only one person in the world knew to be my most ticklish areas: Mylah. "Stop, stop, stop." I begged into those deep green eyes hidden within a wild mane of auburn hair. "How will you ever pass the Rogue initiation if anyone can sneak up on you like that?" Mylah snickered as she danced away from my counter-tickle attack. "Ah, I heard you when you stepped on that twig coming up the path", I lied. "Liar, liar, liarrrrr" she taunted as she dance around me flowing through her Sornothi forms. Mylah had the most amazing style and grace of anyone I had ever met and would be the best Rogue initiate ever. My thoughts may have been a little transparent though, as she stopped in mid-pose, leaped across the bench and entangled me in a most unrogue like embrase. It was probably my smile that gave me away. Not just any smile, a special smile just for her and she knew that one by heart.

Once I caught my breath and disengaged myself from a most delightful entanglement, I tried to put on my most serious expression, which at the moment, took a degree of focus that Marthus would have been proud of. "Mylah, I have been thinking, well, pondering mostly." "And you actually came up with a thought?" she giggle as rapped me on the forehead. "Ow, come on Mylah, I'm trying to be serious" saying as I stood up and faced away from her to minimize the distractions she presented. Surprisingly, no tickle attack came upon my unprotected back. Mylah's insight was also second to none. Just another reason why I loved her and why this was going to be painful. "You know that the Time of Choosing will be tomorrow." beginning my practiced oratory. "And that initiates will spend that next three years traveling and training with their cohort." The silence behind me was a little unnerving but I kept on going. "What you may not know is that I have decided to become a Ranger." The faint gasp told me all that I had suspected, but never voiced. "But why?" Mylah asked in a quite voice. "The Boundary" I said turning now to face her. "I have been reading the ancient lore and I believe that the Silent Wraith has followed the Kiri to Terminus." I held up my hand as she was about to voice an objection. "Let me finish. This is not easy." Taking a deep breath, I continued. "You have the ability to become the most formidable Rogue the world has even known and I would give the world to be with you on that adventure. But, I had a whispering in the forest today that indicated my adventure lay on a different path." The tears in her eyes were almost too much to bare, but she knew me well enough that my mind was made up. "Well Ranger, may you keep a song in your head, a dance in your step, and ", embracing me in a kiss that seemed to go on forever, "... me in you heart." Opening my eyes, she was gone.

".. if you are truly looking for a home, I compel you... Go searching for it." the Keeper said, and so I will and I must, just as soon as I shed the last of the tears from my eyes.

This post was edited by gelfzin at September 22, 2017 10:14 PM PDT
    • 2886 posts
    September 22, 2017 2:27 AM PDT

Nice!

• 624 posts
    September 22, 2017 6:04 AM PDT

Wonderful, thank you for sharing. Best wishes to your rogue / ranger duo as they navigate The Grovegrass.  May their skills develop rapidly and bring them safely back together in due time.

Bravo.

• 220 posts
    September 22, 2017 3:58 PM PDT

Fantastic! My heart aches for them both. You know the saying, "If a twitterlark is released in the tower oaks and someday returns..."

• 294 posts
    September 22, 2017 5:44 PM PDT

Wonderful! An awesome read. Thank you for sharing.