Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Coolest looking weapons

• 37 posts
    May 31, 2017 3:51 PM PDT

Did several forum searches, but, surprisingly, didn't see someone post this.

So, coolest looking weapons? 

This one is a little tougher for the EQ players, while there were plenty of weapons that made our jaws drop, graphics getting better in later games kind of makes it hard to compete in this categroy.

I think one of the sweetest looking weapons are still the Warglaives of Azzinoth in World of Warcraft.

There have been plenty of fantastic looking weapons before and since, curious what weapons made you guys yell at the screen, "I WANT THAT!" or "I NEED THAT IN MY LIFE!", or "HOW DO I GET THAT/THOSE?!?!"

I think my very first experience with that might be when I saw a Warrior in EQ dual wielding their original Epic 1.0 and then combining it into a greatsword.

Love to hear your guys' thoughts.

• 2130 posts
    May 31, 2017 4:06 PM PDT

Honestly a lot of the EQ epic 2.0s are incredible looking.

Ranger, SK, Rogue, Cleric, etc. all stand out in my mind in particular as being super beautiful.

I'm personally always a fan of class-specific/epic weapons just due to the unique flavors they tend to get that set them apart. Vanguard also had pretty nice looking epic weapons. The Bard epic was easily my favorite, which is fortunate because that was my main.

• 9115 posts
    May 31, 2017 5:41 PM PDT

Moved to Off-Topic as it doesn't relate to General Pantheon discussion ;)

• 633 posts
    May 31, 2017 6:06 PM PDT

To me, beautiful weapon designs in games are ones that are both intricately designed, and realistic looking at the same time.  Ones that look like they actually could be used as a feasible weapon.  Too many games end up introducing weapons that you know obviously couldn't be used as more than decorations as weapons in attempts to make them look cool.

• 190 posts
    June 1, 2017 3:25 AM PDT

I think EverQuest 2 did a decent job with some cool looking epic class weapons.  I'll post some examples.

Sedition, Sword of the Bloodmoon (SK epic) which is one of my favorites, because.. shadowknights.

Here's a shot from someone who did all 24 class epics.  Crazy altitis and dedication.