Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

04/27/17 Stream Recap!

• 3016 posts
    April 28, 2017 3:33 PM PDT

I loved COHH's expression and reaction when he found FISHING in his skill book..made me laugh :) Oh and that gnome wizard (the one I want to play) has a teeny dragon familiar..love it! And a big thank you to Bazgrim for all his hard work here in this thread and elsewhere on the site. :)

This post was edited by CanadinaXegony at April 28, 2017 3:37 PM PDT
    • 363 posts
    April 28, 2017 3:49 PM PDT

Okay, if I was having any doubts about the future of this game (which I was, however small), this stream squashed them all. The animations are 100X better, the group dynamics are 1000X better...it just feels like a 100% complete game...in ALPHA!!! I am so looking forward to testing this game...finding things that make the game that which it was not intended to be...and finally playing the polished product for years to come. Congrats, VR! I am considering upping my pledge amount, if I can only convince the wife that this game is more important than a new dishwasher!

• 393 posts
    April 28, 2017 3:56 PM PDT

Thanks for the great write-up Baz!

I thought the stream was great and it's easy to see the progress the team have made since the last stream. The character models are definately fleshing out as are the animations. Glad they highlighted a new class! The monk looks great for it's first show. The world environment is also progressing and I am just so looking forward to experiencing it! I'm also loving how basic combat is a challenge and requires all party members to be aware of themselves, the group, and the immediate environment at most times. Good stuff!

Great job VR!

• 110 posts
    May 1, 2017 10:32 AM PDT

Bazgrim said:

Lghtngfan said:

Hey Baz ... thanks for all this! You da man!!

One thing ... when they mentioned XP from questing, I though they said questing in general wouldn't be the primary source of XP, not just the perception quests. Maybe we can get some clarification on this one. 

It is my understanding that they are actually one and the same. The questing system is the perception system and vice versa. So all quests involve perception. And yes, quests are not the primary way to gain XP.

00:56:44 - Leveling up by grinding vs. questing

Huh, OK ... I gues I was thinking that there would be standard (as far as EQ-style) questing where you would talk to someone in a town and pick up a quest AND a perception system that would kick in when you're out in the environment.