Forums » Pantheon Races

Create-a-race?

• 97 posts
    January 30, 2017 10:36 AM PST

I know that realistically this idea is way too expansive to put into a game like this, but in the realm of imagination and theory, what do you think about this:

Essentially you can create half/quarter races by defining your characters parents and grandparents' races. Racial abilities would be dependent on your percentage of a certain race, e.g. only 3/4 ogre or full ogre would get front-facing stun immunity, but half-orge or less wouldn't.

Just like race/class combinations, not EVERY combination would be possible, but why do half-races always have to be half human? What about a half-elf, half-halfling (quarterling? lol) dagnabbit!

• 170 posts
    January 30, 2017 11:43 AM PST

I like the idea and maybe a random die roll determines which race is what %. Would be fun and maybe if you get two top level characters that marry this can be done for their offspring.

i.e. My male Skar and my wife's female Dark Myr decide to marry and have children (alts). Hers would be a female twin to my male and the game randomly decides what the race combo of the twins is and those are our alts.

Skar-Myr, aka one ugly mermaid horned evil creature. With stats decided by the % of each race. Cool, I like it for an expansion or later game addition.

• 9 posts
    February 14, 2017 8:06 PM PST

Star Trek online did it. Their character creator is extremely robust.  If there's a race of generic "mutts" with lore behind it, you could pull it off.

• 2886 posts
    February 15, 2017 5:44 AM PST

It sounds interesting from a mechanical perspective, and I don't think it would necessarily be as difficult to pull off as you would assume. But, as much as I don't wanna be "that guy" that overthinks it, I also feel like I need to bring up the Lore issue. If each of the races are basically from different universes, how would you logically explain how they become combined? In this thread, Istuulamae says that the races aren't really "compatible" with each other: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/3756/are-different-races-quot-compatible-quot

This post was edited by Bazgrim at February 15, 2017 5:45 AM PST
    • 1 posts
    November 26, 2017 1:32 PM PST

where do i create a character

• 2886 posts
    November 26, 2017 1:44 PM PST

Starla said:

where do i create a character

Welcome. The game is still in development, so you cannot create a character or play yet. However, VIPs will be doing Pre-Alpha testing before the end of this year. If you haven't already, I suggest you check out the FAQ to help you get up-to-speed: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/game/faqs/

• 80 posts
    December 3, 2017 12:40 PM PST

Anyone mating with a Ogre is a little too freaky for me.

Count me out.

This post was edited by Makinelly at December 3, 2017 12:40 PM PST
    • 22 posts
    December 11, 2017 11:26 PM PST

Mortal Online does a wonderful job of this and it works amazing tuning a characters stats exactly towards your build. Really the only PvP oriented game that has done this well so far, I really only think of PvE as a means to get PvP ready gear wise and ganking out in the world.

My only concern with this is, I just want to play and keep adding and adding more customization stuff for them to balance would just further delay things imo. It's a great idea but its much more involved that a brief thought, there is extreme balancing that has to happen when crossbreeding/creating stats if it doesnt affect release time, I say go for it but other than that focus on the endless ideas already trying to be introduced and prefected.