Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Computer Problem - Help Please

• 47 posts
    December 25, 2016 9:32 AM PST

Merry Christmas everyone and happy holidays. So I bought a new computer and just got it in yesterday. Got it setup, all drivers updated, etc. and everything was working great. The GPU came with a free copy of Watch Dogs 2, so I DL'd it and played for about an hour. For those that have played the game, it has a target looking icon as a curser and it stays in the middle of the screen the whole game. When I quit the game the curser was stuck in the middle at my desktop and is still there. I have restarted, shut down, removed power from monitor and desktop but it is still there. I'm not technically savvy, so I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions or did I get a defective part/monitor? Any help much appreciated.

Specs:

MSI Z170A MB

MSI gtx 1070 I7 6700k (not overclocked)

hard drive & SSD

Acer Predator 24 inch monitor (gsync)

Thanks in advance

This post was edited by Geppen at December 25, 2016 9:37 AM PST
    • 47 posts
    December 25, 2016 10:10 AM PST

Pictures showing what I'm talking about.  It's there no matter what I'm doing.  The only time it is not there is when I turn on my monitor and it has the Predator introduction screen, its not there.  Otherwise its there.  Thanks

http://imgur.com/3RxyJzo

http://imgur.com/lkqjwiP

This post was edited by Geppen at December 25, 2016 10:20 AM PST
    • 781 posts
    December 25, 2016 11:29 AM PST

Maybe uninstall that game, see if it will remove the file placing that target on your screen ?  Not sure , but worth a try :)  

• 47 posts
    December 25, 2016 2:04 PM PST

thanks. I've uninstalled the game, didn't work. I've removed it, tried playing another game, booted in safe mode, used the Windows 10 reset PC option, but none of it worked. Really don't know what to do now. Only thing I can think of that's left is to use the Windows 10 disc they sent me to restore it. 

Its just weird bc i bc I don't believe it's the monitor bc there is a split second upon startup where it isn't there, but very quickly comes back. 

If anyone can think of anything else would be would be greatly appreciate. At this point got to try and use the restore disc, not sure though. thanks

• 9115 posts
    December 25, 2016 3:34 PM PST

That looks like a built in cross-hair, my Monitor has one too (AUS ROG Swift), use the push button options on the side of the monitor to turn it off :)

• 47 posts
    December 25, 2016 4:57 PM PST
    LOL, geez I should stop saying I'm not technically savvy and start saying I'm technically incompetent. Thanks Kilsin for the help, and making me feel stupid :D
    • 9115 posts
    December 25, 2016 9:20 PM PST

Geppen said: LOL, geez I should stop saying I'm not technically savvy and start saying I'm technically incompetent. Thanks Kilsin for the help, and making me feel stupid :D

Haha, don't worry my friend, we all do things like this and more often than we care to admit, you're very welcome ;)