Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Something I noticed In last Stream

• 68 posts
    December 20, 2016 4:20 PM PST

Anyone else notice how crazy some of the jumping was and the mention that there was a raid in there? Can you imagine trying to get 20-40 people through that?

Im all for the zone but even for grouping, can you imagine spending the 1.5 hours to get 3/4 to the top and someone falls and dies...

Thoughts? Sorry if this was already brougth up but I didnt find a post. It seems to be a raid leaders worst nightmere. Reminds me of Yelinak in EQ. We ended up doing him once for progression then never going back. It just wasnt worth the 1.5 hours getting everyone up there just to attempt the dragon.

• 294 posts
    December 20, 2016 4:27 PM PST

Maybe it is exactly how it is supposed to be.

A challenge not to be rushed.

• 633 posts
    December 20, 2016 5:53 PM PST

Wasn't the raid in the levels below that area they were in?  I thought I remembered them saying something to that effect.  So you probably don't have to climb to the top for the raid.

This post was edited by kelenin at December 20, 2016 5:53 PM PST
    • 27 posts
    December 20, 2016 6:31 PM PST

Didnt they say the raid was accross the bridge?

• 1778 posts
    December 20, 2016 6:39 PM PST

I think they said it was at the bottom of the dungeon.

• 1404 posts
    December 20, 2016 6:43 PM PST

Yes I think it was at the top, that was part of the reason for This Post. Variable or even a Mid Speed between walk and run could help with accuracy during the climb.

I did notice a Pillar with a Orb on top in what appeared to be a possable raid staging area,  possable a portal Location for folks that had already made the climb!? I'll go see if I can find a time stamp in the Video.

Ok, let's see if this works,

https://youtu.be/a_dAxTmBRyY

If not 54:58 into Coho's third video

This post was edited by Zorkon at December 20, 2016 7:02 PM PST
    • 27 posts
    December 20, 2016 6:51 PM PST

47/48 min in the 3rd video they mention a COH type spell that would bring your lost guy back to you.

• 27 posts
    December 20, 2016 6:56 PM PST

54/55 you see the orb and they mention it 

• 191 posts
    December 20, 2016 9:52 PM PST

In CohhCarnages 3rd video go to about 6:40 and they state that the lower chamber of Amberfaet will be the dedicated Raid zone.

This post was edited by GnarlytheGnome at December 20, 2016 9:58 PM PST
    • 626 posts
    December 21, 2016 6:53 AM PST

Honestly I love that! I want it to take time and mean something. I want it to be a challenge everytime and not just the first. I hate just "Running" through a Raid zone killing mob after mob with no fear of dieing really cause you've done it once before. I want me to have to pay attention to the zone each time I go into it. 

• 626 posts
    December 21, 2016 6:58 AM PST

beautifully said:

Reminds me of Yelinak in EQ. We ended up doing him once for progression then never going back. It just wasnt worth the 1.5 hours getting everyone up there just to attempt the dragon.

Gotta say I love this though as the raid will be an open zone. Make it so the group who gets to the mob had to work for it since multiple groups going to be trying to get to it all the time. If something respawns say every 24 hours, I want to see 100 players rushing up a mountain side to get to it in time to kill lol. I think that would be so fun! Also it will put more meaning into having solid well rounded players in your group/guild for such events :). 

I dunno I see only good things with this, and look forward to it. I would hate if they made it easy as I'm not looking for easy. If I wanted easy, mindless, spamming of abilities I'd play WoW or any other modern MMO for that matter. Again I want the challenge and welcome the game being slowed down, and challenging me every minute of it!

PS - This is just an opinion of mine, and completely respect yours as everyone should be able to express their own opinion. Thanks for the topic!

This post was edited by Reignborn at December 21, 2016 6:59 AM PST
    • 2886 posts
    December 21, 2016 8:23 AM PST

I had this same thought during the stream. I am glad that jumping will be a part of the game and I have quite a bit of experience with similar jumps in other games so I don't think it'll be a big deal for me. But (raids aside), my main issue was that it seemed like if you missed any of the jumps, you were pretty much guaranteed to die. I could be wrong, but that seems a little too severe to me, even without knowing exactly what the death penalty will be. I feel like it would discourage people from even trying. I'd be much more willing to try dozens of times if, for most jumps, I just took some falling damage and had to heal and run back up. Especially if you have to jump onto a climbable surface, (given what Joppa has said about how the climbing skill will work) there would probably be too many situations where you die because even though you had a 90% chance of latching onto the surface basedon your skill level vs. difficulty, you die just because you hit that unlucky 10%. This is all just theory of course, but I'd be very skeptical if too many jumps resulted in instant death.

• 633 posts
    December 21, 2016 8:25 AM PST

People were more than willing to make the trip across the bridge in The Deep, so I doubt this will be any different.

• 318 posts
    December 21, 2016 8:48 AM PST

To all the people who fall off the cliff when trying to make a jump, I say to you this....  OMG L2Play! :P

• 3016 posts
    December 21, 2016 9:03 AM PST

beautifully said:

Anyone else notice how crazy some of the jumping was and the mention that there was a raid in there? Can you imagine trying to get 20-40 people through that?

Im all for the zone but even for grouping, can you imagine spending the 1.5 hours to get 3/4 to the top and someone falls and dies...

Thoughts? Sorry if this was already brougth up but I didnt find a post. It seems to be a raid leaders worst nightmere. Reminds me of Yelinak in EQ. We ended up doing him once for progression then never going back. It just wasnt worth the 1.5 hours getting everyone up there just to attempt the dragon.

Practice makes perfect?  Levitate?  Call of the Hero?    Rogues will have "ropes"..  I'm sure with good planning some of that can be overcome. :)

• 3016 posts
    December 21, 2016 9:05 AM PST

Wellspring said:

To all the people who fall off the cliff when trying to make a jump, I say to you this....  OMG L2Play! :P

I would more than likely fall off til I got wise to what was causing it.  :P   But you can't be perfect first try.    Room for a little patience, laughter.  :)   'Tis a game after all.  :D (also we don't know if there will be lag issues...depending on how many people in the "room" etc.)  :)

This post was edited by CanadinaXegony at December 21, 2016 9:06 AM PST
    • 2138 posts
    December 21, 2016 1:52 PM PST

GnarlytheGnome said:

In CohhCarnages 3rd video go to about 6:40 and they state that the lower chamber of Amberfaet will be the dedicated Raid zone.

To me, that implies if you were a lower level, you could run-run-run! through the raid zone passing the raiders alredy there, while you jump and climb-quickly!- (although probably because the raiders are there, the "event" would ignore those running through that hdhd not triggered it)

-up to your hunting area, and maybe even look down and spectate for a bit and see the battle , at least until the next wanderer comes by and notices you and smacks you from behind?

• 1434 posts
    December 21, 2016 1:57 PM PST

I can only imagine PvP in Amberfaet. It's going to be amazing, especially if we get abilities with knock-backs or invert gravity type effects. Can't wait to throw my enemies off a cliff.

• 231 posts
    December 21, 2016 5:10 PM PST

I think the bigger issue will be if there's a bunch of people all trying to climb an area at once it will be hard to make out just your character, especially with race sizes being as varied as they are. Personally I'm kinda excited about the platformer-esque feature. One more play element to make this game different and the elitest side of me instantly thought about how it will keep lower skilled players away from some camps... pretty selfish (and arrogant lol) there.

Really though, the main issue for me is that it will be rough timing your buttons perfect with a large group of people all visually in the same place. This can be compounded against those with lower spec'd graphics cards and/or laptops and those with connections that aren't always amazing. Imagine trying to climb a multi-jump wall like in the vid with 30 others and ping of over 150 or so... eek. Then again combine that with the character size/stack issue.

Fun and interesting, yes. Does it have a place in an MMO though? Testing will tell.

• 249 posts
    December 22, 2016 3:23 AM PST
    The raid part was across the long bridge top the depths. There were multiple orbs in the stream. One was in the very first chamber they came in to. The rest were on the climb
    • 176 posts
    December 22, 2016 3:55 AM PST

Wellspring said:

I do not normally fall when jumping but if there is a cliff or a hole nearby, I will fall in it =P

• 3016 posts
    December 22, 2016 3:00 PM PST

Jamie said:

Wellspring said:

I do not normally fall when jumping but if there is a cliff or a hole nearby, I will fall in it =P

Yup I usually do it the wrong way first ..then I do it the right way.   Oh and I get lost a lot..hehehe

• 169 posts
    December 22, 2016 4:54 PM PST
    As others have mentioned they said that there was going to be a coth type spell, and your ability to recover your deres in raid will depend most likely on how many mages you have along. Also the mentioned something about ropes, might be able to drop it down a tier or 2 to help the slow pokes.
    Also I thought the mentioned it was a multiple level raid zone...with the lower level content on top and higher level content across that bridge and down.
    • 801 posts
    December 23, 2016 8:32 AM PST

beautifully said:

I love it, and it is one of the most unique systems to date. Having to climb up to an area and start to fight.

If people fall, **** happens but this will be one of the most remembered system in MMO's.

It is no different then the guild wiping to auto argo pulls from some jackass that forgot to invis HAHHA

You will be able to quote me on that, hey EQ did this? but Pantheon did this...