Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Ability Combo's - Sync

• 49 posts
    December 12, 2016 2:07 PM PST

I heard some discussion on the December video about the consideration of some form of multi player ability combo or even single player combos of abilities.

To me I always thought this would have been the best way to go for raids and large fights where you can still perform similar functions but have greater affects.  For instance, holding certain multiplayer combos would increase healing or damage for the entire group or raid, based on the combo and say how many times its been sync'd in a row.  obviously you'd want to cap it but say having a 10 combo cap, progressive power increase, and losing the capped combo could become an interesting raid mechanic.  Figuring out how to mitigate the adverse affects when its failed and reclaiming it...

Filling your group, or groups, with the right class ability combo's would also become an aspect of raiding and you could fight more difficult creatues as long as everyone holds up their part of the combo in a timely manner.  Increased power from increased focus and teamwork.  Perhaps the more diverse the combo the bigger the gain and finding thus balance for each situation.

Anyway just an idea for discussion...

• 151 posts
    December 12, 2016 2:42 PM PST

I can not wait to see a raid mob that has a buff that can not be dispelled unless 5 diffrent players debuff it within 10 seconds of each other. Or when 5 wizards all cast fireball at the same time it adds a super nova effect. How about when 5 healers cast a direct heal on someone it triggers a residual HoT? 

• 1618 posts
    December 12, 2016 2:53 PM PST

I like combos. But they have to be effective enough to make it worth while, a special attack occasionally. The result has to be worth breaking the casting order. 

Also, I do not want to have to constantly cast certain spells, just because someone decided to cast their starter.

Make them effective and occasional.

• 49 posts
    December 12, 2016 2:59 PM PST

I was more thinking that when am enchanter casts a group binding, followed by a shaman/druid casting a group regen, followed by a summoner enhancing the binding, followed by a clerics group heal - causes a perpetual healing factor and additional health for the group as long as the combo is active and refreshed at certain intervals.

Damage could be the same... even melee and magical combined.  

Certain spells would need to be specific but like the example above regen/healing could be anyone that can cast it. Specific, then filler, than specific, then filler, repeat...  As long as the ability has a certain attribute its capable of being used in parts of different combos.