Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

War-Wizard?

• 626 posts
    December 11, 2016 8:55 AM PST

Am I hearing things, or did they say Brad was playing a War-Wizard in the stream. 

Maybe I missed something, but not sure what that means lol. 

Any help?

• 595 posts
    December 11, 2016 9:08 AM PST

I would encourage you to take a look at the lore for all the details pertaining to this, it's really great.  With that said, the text below is a short excerpt directly from the lore that gives a little more information.

Yet the Suns of Ginavi’s vision would rise, and with them came a morning which broke the Revenant into utter chaos. These Six Suns of Terminus were warriors of godlike power in physical might and arcane discipline, one from each pantheon of the Sacred. More commonly called WarWizards, they are most easily described as High Mortal beings of nearly pure supernatural ability. I confess their existence is contested by some today, so strange is their origin and decisive was their merit. With no warning of any kind, the dual terrors set upon the Revenant High Mortals with furious precision. Haethus-Krevgejl fled before her assailants, and is since so rarely seen she is thought perished. True to his namesake, Ossari raged in ferocity and managed to wound one of the WarWizards. But his might could not overcome the relentless heroes, and he fell dead on the very earth he had wiped Havensong from, as if he had merely prepared his own grave.

The Ravaging Lord himself was not so easily countered. In a turn that should have given the Six great pause, he chose not to face the WarWizardssmiting loose his grip on Reignfall. While his twin armies on Kingreach and Whitethaw were reeling, he withdrew to the volcanic Mount Ka’Druhorr in the north. Now utterly leaderless, the Revenant and their allies were chased off each continent, save for the Lord and his army teeming in the volcano foundary. In these conflicts Avendyr, the young heir to Amensol’s throne, showed himself a leader of battlefront fearlessness. In 485, he and Khazas led the armies of the Six, and with the six Suns of Terminus they marched on Ka’Druhorr as one host, intent on extinguishing the Black Flame forever.

Yet in even this short time, the Ravaging Lord had grown in power -- and depravity. Too slowly it was understood that he cared not who survived, setting loose rivers of molten ore across the jagged terrain of Ka’Druhorr once the armies had entered it. The forces of the Six were divided and trapped, easily ensnared by the expectant Revenant. Yet with their supernatural fervency, two of the WarWizards moved directly to the Ravaging Lord, knowing his death would avail all threats. But after a furious melee one lay dead, while the second was in desperate peril.

• 188 posts
    December 11, 2016 10:02 AM PST

That is a Brad-specific class that we won't have access to in game.  The lore Nikademis posted covers the background.  As I told Kilsin during discord chat last night -- sometimes, it's good to be king :).  If you've followed Brad's history or go back to look at some of his influences, it all makes more sense and becomes that much cooler.

• 138 posts
    December 11, 2016 12:45 PM PST

I'm guessing he was mostly a warrior, but with a few added benefits from other classes. There are a couple times in the stream where you see him cast an ice bolt, and I know at least once I saw him heal someone for over 200 hit points. I don't blame him for padding his character with a few additional benefits, based on Mont and Pohh being distracted by streaming and constantly causing...we'll call it interesting situations for the group, they needed whatever additional edge they could get.  

• 249 posts
    December 11, 2016 4:15 PM PST
    Haha shaman kept dotting mezzed mobs. I was cringing
    • 9115 posts
    December 11, 2016 5:24 PM PST

WarWizard is a Brad/Aradune only made up class, it will not be available for anyone else to play, it has a bit of everything going on and is pretty OP lol :)

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at December 11, 2016 5:25 PM PST
    • 9115 posts
    December 11, 2016 5:26 PM PST

Ashvaild said: Haha shaman kept dotting mezzed mobs. I was cringing

Yes, yes he did! My poor mana...lol ;)

• 633 posts
    December 11, 2016 5:27 PM PST

Double post!

• 626 posts
    December 11, 2016 5:38 PM PST

Kilsin said:

WarWizard is a Brad/Aradune only made up class, it will not be available for anyone else to play, it has a bit of everything going on and is pretty OP lol :)

Haha - OK great I'm tracking now, and can understand that lol. Don't blame him :)

• 9115 posts
    December 12, 2016 1:15 AM PST

kelenin said:

Double post!

Haha Kel, you know I would never break the rules, a double post is a duplicate quote/post made in error or when you make a post, forget something and make a new post to say it, if that makes sense.

My first post was a general statement to answer the OP and my second post was quote replying to a completely different topic by a different person, all within the rules my friend :)

Nice try though, punk! lol ;)

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at December 12, 2016 1:19 AM PST
    • 249 posts
    December 12, 2016 1:18 AM PST

Kilsin said:

Just for you....

photo Screenshot_20161212-014456_zpsnqcojhpj.png

• 9115 posts
    December 12, 2016 1:21 AM PST

Ashvaild said:

Kilsin said:

Just for you....

photo Screenshot_20161212-014456_zpsnqcojhpj.png

Hahaha busted! I saw him do it a few times and thought he was trolling for the stream so didn't think anything more of it but then when things got tough they kept breaking my mezzes lol, it was funny but if they were in my guild I would kick their butts for being noobs and breaking mezz and making the group wipe! haha :D

• 69 posts
    December 12, 2016 6:58 AM PST

Sounds like someone wants to play as Lord Richard Rahl. LOL