Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Will there be any cities on the Icy continent like in EQ :)

• 781 posts
    December 6, 2016 7:57 PM PST

Memes.com

• 839 posts
    December 6, 2016 8:11 PM PST

Hmm!  interesting question!  I would guess that unless they are making a point about the ice caps breaking off and shrinking they have probably seperated that smaller section of ice for a reason!

Hoping that there will be and that it will be one of the harshest landscapes to try and survive in with the weather system!

Damn i cant wait to explore this game :)

• 9115 posts
    December 7, 2016 1:18 AM PST

That would be cool :D

I'll show myself out... ;)

• 839 posts
    December 7, 2016 2:28 AM PST

Arg! Haha magnificent father skills with that dad joke Kils...  not going to continue it lol

This post was edited by Hokanu at December 7, 2016 3:21 AM PST
    • 781 posts
    December 7, 2016 4:10 AM PST

good answer ! :)   I like it !

• 626 posts
    December 7, 2016 5:31 AM PST

I actually laughed out loud which is sad at @Kilsin Dad Joke... oh wow... I need coffee...

PS - I agree, would be neat!

• 801 posts
    December 7, 2016 6:07 AM PST

Kilsin said:

Where did that map come from? I looked in my closet and i did not recieve one of those......

not like

but i do have some of those hanging around, i would be willing to sell. I would then take the money and put it towards this game.

This post was edited by Crazzie at December 7, 2016 6:08 AM PST
    • 2886 posts
    December 7, 2016 7:15 AM PST

Crazzie said:

Kilsin said:

Where did that map come from? I looked in my closet and i did not recieve one of those......

not like

but i do have some of those hanging around, i would be willing to sell. I would then take the money and put it towards this game.

That map of Terminus has been available on the Pantheon website under the Lore section for a long time now. Physical cloth maps will come later as a pledge reward.

...Or were you just looking for an excuse to show off your EQ map? :P

• 249 posts
    December 7, 2016 8:40 AM PST
    Kilsin...you need to chill man. Id love a cloth/paper map for the wall. Still have Norath hanging
    • 2886 posts
    December 7, 2016 9:09 AM PST

Ashvaild said: Kilsin...you need to chill man.

That's a little coldhearted, don't you think?

• 200 posts
    December 7, 2016 9:09 AM PST

Ashvaild said: Kilsin...you need to chill man. Id love a cloth/paper map for the wall. Still have Norath hanging

LOL he could have said, the cloth map will be the only map you get...since there will be no maps in game!!!

The Cool Cloth map is obtainable thru the appropriate pledge amount  **Plays the Zelda get a Piece of Treasure music** 

This post was edited by Warben at December 8, 2016 10:17 AM PST
    • 249 posts
    December 7, 2016 2:45 PM PST
    "That's a little coldhearted, don't you think?"

Yeah...i guess i wont give him the cold shoulder. It could be a little polar..izing.

If cloth world maps are made and offered for sale, i'd buy one. As long as they're accurate and look like a cartographer from Terminus made them (not cartoonish, more realistic).

• 40 posts
    December 7, 2016 3:43 PM PST

I dunno, I feel that every other MMO today have an arctic city and there are so many other interesting enviroments that makes a game stand out. With a good concept it certainly works but it is not a must.

And, yeah. cloth maps are awesome as long as they look autentic to what my character would own. I rather have them on parchment though or at least something that looks like parchment (but I am willing to pay the extra buck for the real thing).

(censored the chill pun, I am tired as well).

This post was edited by loke666 at December 7, 2016 3:43 PM PST
    • 9115 posts
    December 7, 2016 4:50 PM PST

Hahaha yes! I knew you folks would keep it going :D

P.S. I'm not a dad but I can dad joke with the best of them! 

• 186 posts
    December 7, 2016 5:53 PM PST

Honestly they should sell a tier that offers you your very own globe. Imagine showing that off to all your friends! The thought is simply chilling.

• 2419 posts
    December 7, 2016 7:14 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Please put your jokes....on ice. 

• 9115 posts
    December 8, 2016 1:09 AM PST

Vandraad said:

Kilsin said:

Please put your jokes....on ice. 

Hahaha, nice one!

• 2886 posts
    December 8, 2016 9:12 AM PST

In regards to the OP, are you referring to a cold player city like Halas, or an entire continent like Velious? We have reason to believe that the dwarf home city of Khadassa will be in a very cold climate:

"a foothold in the southern tundra, naming the area Khadassa"

"the wintry fortress of Khadassa"

If you really read the lore, it seems like the dwarves have always been most comfortable in extremely cold weather.

I don't wanna get into that whole thread about arguing over where this is in the world in relation to the other cities, but we can be pretty certain that there will be a snowy city and presumably some icy zones around it. I'm very glad that VR is thinking outside the box with some of their zones, but I think they would be very amiss if they didn't cover their bases with a good amount of content in more classic climates (snow, forest, desert, etc.).

This post was edited by Bazgrim at December 8, 2016 11:03 AM PST
    • 249 posts
    December 8, 2016 10:04 AM PST
    Loved Halas/Everfrost. Hope they nail the winter zones
    • 384 posts
    December 8, 2016 10:40 AM PST

I wondered about this same thing myself a little while back. Here's the thread.

http://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/3394/will-we-see-whitethaw

From what I can tell it sounds kinda... ice-olated... up there. Unfortunately we're still waiting for more info but VR is freezing us out. 's no matter we'll find out eventually. Hopefully before hell freezes over. :)  phew

On the subject of maps.... I HAVE to get a hold of one. I still have my EQ Kunark cloth map and Vanguard cloth map hanging right here beside my desk.

It wouldn't be complete without a Terminus one also! :)

• 595 posts
    December 8, 2016 11:46 AM PST

Malsirian said:

On the subject of maps.... I HAVE to get a hold of one. I still have my EQ Kunark cloth map and Vanguard cloth map hanging right here beside my desk.

It wouldn't be complete without a Terminus one also! :)

Well said.  I really can't wait for my cloth map either ;)  Sadly, I missed out on a Norath map but I have several Telon maps (both cloth and paper).  

Funny story (you'll like this one Kilsin. Brad - *earmuffs*) - a year or two after the release of Vanguard, long after the dust of launch had settled, my brother and I decided we wanted to return and see what had come of the game (coincidently, my second time around with VG turned out to be my longest run with the game).  I can't remember all the details, but somewhere along the line he had uninstalled and/or lost his copy so we had to get him a new one.  Of course, neither of us could condone spending another ~$50usd for a game he had previously purchased and frankly, was not in great shape (keep in mind this was long before the game was free-to-play and so the client was not readily available).  On the bright side, we knew each copy of the game came with a free 30 day subscription.    

So we did some shopping around and found an Ebay store who had several auctions up for Vangaurd Collector's Editions starting at $5usd, which retailed at ~$90usd if memory serves.  Well, he and I both decided we would each bid on one and see what happened, fully intending to get grossly outbid and just end up purchasing copies elsewhere.  Well to our surprise, a few days later we both received emails informing us that we had won Vanguard Collector's Editions for $5.05usd and free shipping!  Can you believe it?  So before the seller had a chance to realize what he had done, we both bid on one of the two remaining auctions the seller had up and secured ourselves each another Collector's Edition for next to nothing!  Unfortunately, this time around someone caught on (likely the seller on a dummy account lol) and I had to pay ~$10usd for the second one...shame ;)

So once the smoke had finally cleared, we had acquired four Vanguard Collector's Editions, 120 days of subscription time, infinite buddy keys and all the goodies we could possibly ever want (soundtracks, art, maps, etc.) for ~$25usd!  After the free shipping, I'm pretty sure the seller paid us for winning his auctions...

Now this is not to say that I enjoyed ripping someone off, and it actually says a lot about this dark time in the game's history (people were literally giving the game away), but it's a story that he and I look back on fondly and have a chuckle for finding such an amazing deal :D