Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Afew questions

• 17 posts
    November 20, 2016 11:34 AM PST

May have been asked, cant find it so here we go, 

• Will there be reduced XP for party play?

• And are there going to be different armor and weapon sets to collect/ will they all have a different look?

• Will there be rare gems for crafting, such as Hearts blood alloy and black sapphire in EQOA?

• 1778 posts
    November 20, 2016 11:59 AM PST

Kind of open ended on different armor and weapons questions. Depends on what you mean. In general Id say the answer is yes. But if you mean sets as in sets of armor with a similar look and/or a set effect. I dont think thats been ruled out but most people seem to want to mix and match as they please.

If anything Im sure there would be a bonus for an XP party, compared to solo.

The EQOA reference is very specific, but probably the best thing I could say is that Crafing may or may not be ready at launch and they have released hardly any concrete info on it yet.

• 2886 posts
    November 21, 2016 2:20 PM PST

Amsai said:

If anything Im sure there would be a bonus for an XP party, compared to solo.

I think he's referring to a more EQ1-style of partying, where XP from a kill is split between all party members involved. Therefore, the more people in your party, the less XP you get per kill, but in general with bigger parties, it's much easier to chew through more mobs, so you almost always end up with a higher rate of XP per hour.

As for Pantheon, they're obviously going to encourage you to group up as much as possible, one way or another. I personally don't mind the way EQ1 did it. I think it makes a certain amount of sense. But I also think there's probably a better way of doing it without making grouping an outrageously faster way of leveling. That said, I can't think of any ideas. Anyway, VR hasn't specified yet - that's probably something that will be fleshed out in Alpha as they will be able to get much more feedback about how long it took different sized groups to advance through different level ranges, etc.

• 781 posts
    November 21, 2016 2:22 PM PST
    Yes there are multiple posts on this. I can't pull them up because I'm on my phone at the moment but do a search for armor sets and xp bonus and you will get some hits *cheers