Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Sometimes size does matter!

• 9115 posts
    November 17, 2016 3:52 AM PST

Sometimes size does matter! Approaching these gates for the first time can be a pretty awesome experience, what adventures could lie ahead?

• 137 posts
    November 17, 2016 4:05 AM PST
    Awesome, gonna go with Sarnaks...
    • 9115 posts
    November 17, 2016 4:33 AM PST

Riply said: Awesome, gonna go with Sarnaks...

Nice! :)

• 89 posts
    November 17, 2016 5:05 AM PST
    Really does look like the Sarnak fort!

Love it
    • 9115 posts
    November 17, 2016 5:31 AM PST

ArchMageSalamar said: Really does look like the Sarnak fort! Love it

Glad you like it :)

• 279 posts
    November 17, 2016 5:37 AM PST

If you look really close you can see the alpha test up ahead!

• 112 posts
    November 17, 2016 6:35 AM PST

-gazes up at towers-

We're going to need a bigger group. 

This post was edited by Azotate at November 17, 2016 6:35 AM PST
    • 2886 posts
    November 17, 2016 7:34 AM PST

Pantz said:

If you look really close you can see the alpha test up ahead!

This!!!

Keep the screenshots coming :)

• 513 posts
    November 17, 2016 7:43 AM PST

You DO realize that I will spend hours simply testing every boundry I can, right?

• 2886 posts
    November 17, 2016 7:45 AM PST

Nephretiti said:

You DO realize that I will spend hours simply testing every boundry I can, right?

I think that's exactly what they want lol

• 184 posts
    November 17, 2016 7:46 AM PST

Yep, this gives off the Sarnak vibe big time... Nice...

• 1921 posts
    November 17, 2016 7:49 AM PST

I love the screenshots, and it's not my intent to be negative.  However.

This shot was taken yesterday (the 11.08.16 is the build date of the client, not the date the shot was taken) from Shroud of the Avatar.  Now, I know both dev teams are using Unity, and I know there are default assets.  I totally understand that the game is not ready for public consumption, and pre-alpha has not started.

With all of that in mind, it would probably be better to make your own banners, given how incredibly easy that is.. :)  It's basically a simple texture with alpha channel. There must be lore, for example to determine who owns that structure in Terminus, and them having the default Unity asset banner on that structure seems unlikely. heheh.

So, yes, I'm nitpicking, but if I noticed, someone else will definitely notice.

• 112 posts
    November 17, 2016 8:31 AM PST

vjek said:

This shot was taken yesterday (the 11.08.16 is the build date of the client, not the date the shot was taken) from Shroud of the Avatar.  Now, I know both dev teams are using Unity, and I know there are default assets.  I totally understand that the game is not ready for public consumption, and pre-alpha has not started.

With all of that in mind, it would probably be better to make your own banners, given how incredibly easy that is.. :)  It's basically a simple texture with alpha channel. There must be lore, for example to determine who owns that structure in Terminus, and them having the default Unity asset banner on that structure seems unlikely. heheh.

or not post screenshots that aside from things VR have persoanlly created. i understand they want to have interaction, and keep people somewaht interested. but this sort of thing makes em look, kinda bad.  im sure plenty will come in and tell me how wrong i am and give reasons, but trying to promote the game and its environs, using assets that can be seen in other games, pretty poor.

might as well just photoshop some stuff together if you're going to do that

i understand the whole VR team is working hard, and dont mean to denegrate that. but showing off stuff that 'anyone' could do (through UNITY) is not imho, showing much of anyhting.

This post was edited by werzul at November 17, 2016 8:34 AM PST
    • 89 posts
    November 17, 2016 9:04 AM PST

vjek said:

+1

• 781 posts
    November 17, 2016 9:20 AM PST

Looks great guys :)  I can bypass the banner guessing that you guys will replace (placeholder) it before launch, you yourselves knowing that it is being used elsewhere.  Either way, the concept is great. * cheers

• 2886 posts
    November 17, 2016 9:42 AM PST

Kelem said:

Looks great guys :)  I can bypass the banner guessing that you guys will replace (placeholder) it before launch, you yourselves knowing that it is being used elsewhere.  Either way, the concept is great. * cheers

I agree. The team has already said very clearly that the Unity pre-made assets simply allow them to make a sort of "proof of concept" version of the game to show to investors and such. I'm sure there's tons of placeholders. It's always important to remember that TONS of things change between now and launch, especially tiny details like that. So don't get too attached to anything. Those details are low on the priority list right now. Sure, maybe this shouldn't be their go-to screenshot when advertising the game. But it's a good start. I'm not too concerned.

• 1778 posts
    November 17, 2016 9:59 AM PST
    Thanks VR. Good of you to finally post screen shots of my home.
    • 633 posts
    November 17, 2016 1:20 PM PST

Awesome screenshot Kilsin!

• 9115 posts
    November 17, 2016 4:00 PM PST

vjek said:

Everything in this screenshot was handcrafted/built by our devs/world builders except the two placeholder banners, just to liven the towers up a bit, just like with our character models, some assets, animations etc. they will be replaced with our own work, as development progresses, I can't speak for other companies and their games.

We have no problem using Unity placeholder assets to help show off our work and highlight the detail and hard work our devs have put into creating this game world, we have done it from the start and will continue to do it until we have replaced them with our own. :)

• 2138 posts
    November 17, 2016 4:26 PM PST

Adventures- Pah. Civilization!. I've been out for three days concentrating on mana and medding and fighting and pulls and what's in this chest is it usefull, lore means...something, hurry up and run! I'm lost, keep alert!....

At least here, I dont have to look over my shoulder for a while. Maybe I'll try throwing a pot on a potters wheel. 

• 180 posts
    November 17, 2016 4:26 PM PST

Really beautiful shot Kils :)

• 613 posts
    November 17, 2016 4:29 PM PST

vjek said:

I find it odd that this sort of thing even comes up. The thread title “Sometimes size does matter”. It’s a display of scale. Anything else is irrelevant to the topic. So the banners are not specific to PRF. Who cares it can be changed. Look at that shot! My hat is off to the guys for pulling off another well designed piece of the game. Well done!

Ox

Oxillion member and officer of The Dragon Accord

This post was edited by Oxillion at November 17, 2016 4:30 PM PST
    • 610 posts
    November 17, 2016 4:36 PM PST

vjek said:

Devs: We're really working hard and things are in pre alpha and not really ready to show.

Mob: We want updates!!!1! we know its still pre alpha, all the other companies are totally open and besides we are paying for this game!! show us stuffs now!!1!

Devs: Ok, heres a screenshot of a fortress entrance...remember this is still pre alpha

Mob: OMG YOURE USING PRE MADE ASSESTS!!!11! YOU GUYS SUCK!!! WORSE GAME EVER!! ALL YOURE DOING IS COPY AND PASTING FROM THE UNITY STORE!! THIS GAME IS A JOKE!!!

Devs internally: JFC you cant win for losing, what a bunch of arseholes!

• 613 posts
    November 17, 2016 4:38 PM PST

Sevens said:

vjek said:

Devs: We're really working hard and things are in pre alpha and not really ready to show.

Mob: We want updates!!!1! we know its still pre alpha, all the other companies are totally open and besides we are paying for this game!! show us stuffs now!!1!

Devs: Ok, heres a screenshot of a fortress entrance...remember this is still pre alpha

Mob: OMG YOURE USING PRE MADE ASSESTS!!!11! YOU GUYS SUCK!!! WORSE GAME EVER!! ALL YOURE DOING IS COPY AND PASTING FROM THE UNITY STORE!! THIS GAME IS A JOKE!!!

Devs internally: JFC you cant win for losing, what a bunch of arseholes!

I liked your version better than mine.  LOL

Ox

• 2419 posts
    November 17, 2016 6:33 PM PST

Yeah..I can see you thinking Sarnak.  I thought about that wall in Dranik's Scar in the EQ1 expansion Omens of War so I thought 'Dragorn'.