Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Who owns this?

• 294 posts
    November 10, 2016 5:40 PM PST

The table and books look interesting, but as a Dwarf, those crystals on the wall look amazing !!!

• 2138 posts
    November 10, 2016 6:13 PM PST

It looks like a bottle neck, or that the table is at the end of a corridor. That could only mean whatever was there, is away, and "away" is to the right. If it was coming back it would come from the right to left, so depending on where we were heading- allow the rogue to rifle through the items and tell us what is there while our eyes are up and looking around. Loot what we can and then decide if we want to camp there a bit and see what the pulls are like or head in further.

• 2419 posts
    November 10, 2016 7:06 PM PST

Kilsin said:

If you stumbled upon this table deep in a dungeon with no owner in sight, what would you do?

Well, As I'm an Ogre...smash everything.  And because I'm a Shaman, buff up the pet and hide him away, top off all my own buffs and load up my combat spells.  I'll shrink myself, invis and go hang out in the corner until the owner returns/spawns, then kill him.

• 1584 posts
    November 10, 2016 7:24 PM PST

Vandraad said:

Kilsin said:

If you stumbled upon this table deep in a dungeon with no owner in sight, what would you do?

Well, As I'm an Ogre...smash everything.  And because I'm a Shaman, buff up the pet and hide him away, top off all my own buffs and load up my combat spells.  I'll shrink myself, invis and go hang out in the corner until the owner returns/spawns, then kill him.

Your assuming that you even get a pet or a shrink spell silly ogre

• 42 posts
    November 10, 2016 8:05 PM PST

while I look at the stuff .........curiosity will get the best of me.........I have to see what is over there and if I can take it ..............loading please wait................tell the group........ It's a trap !!! *bad words*

• 511 posts
    November 10, 2016 8:49 PM PST

This is my secret study, where I practice all my taboo black magic. Some day I hope to raise the dead and make them do my bidding, once I have mastered this art I shall teach it to others so until then please leave my stuff alone so that I may further the practice for everyone!

• 9115 posts
    November 10, 2016 9:29 PM PST

Hahaha, some really good replies here :)

• 93 posts
    November 10, 2016 9:57 PM PST

Replied on the FB page... but have another idea.

I'd rearrange everything on the table just to screw with whoever it belongs to, hide in the shadows and watch the reaction!

~~~ <()> ~~~
    Valor and virtue ride with me, my blade defends the helpless,
    my might upholds the weak, my words speak only truth,
    my wrath undoes the wicked!
    <~ Vaultarn Stormborn ~>

• 85 posts
    November 10, 2016 11:50 PM PST

Are those books?  I can't resist books...

• 126 posts
    November 11, 2016 6:33 AM PST

cast a light spell, because I can't see a thing! sheesh! LOL

• 9115 posts
    November 11, 2016 7:02 AM PST

Vaultarn said:

Replied on the FB page... but have another idea.

I'd rearrange everything on the table just to screw with whoever it belongs to, hide in the shadows and watch the reaction!

~~~ <()> ~~~
    Valor and virtue ride with me, my blade defends the helpless,
    my might upholds the weak, my words speak only truth,
    my wrath undoes the wicked!
    <~ Vaultarn Stormborn ~>

Hahaha that sounds like something my Rogue would do! :D

• 432 posts
    November 13, 2016 1:52 AM PST

Considering the length of the candle, it has not been lighted a long time ago . So the one who did it cannot be far . It's somebody educated because he reads - a scientist ? a magic user ? a geologue ?

Yet he has not many books so everything he needs must be inside and the books must be of value .

As the owner is not far, I'll wait in shadows for his return and will  ask him what he's doing there and what is this place . If he/she is agressive, I kill him/her and take the books .

If not then I will have increased my knowledge about this subterrean place and move on .

This post was edited by Deadshade at November 13, 2016 1:53 AM PST
    • 763 posts
    November 13, 2016 2:46 AM PST

Are you guys crazy??

... Look at the desk. No, no .... next to it ....

... on the floor. Yes, that's it .....

A WASTE-PAPER BIN !

Only the most tightly wound, straight-jacket wearing, card-carrying obsessive would have a bin ... HERE !

This guy must be a grade-A, epic-level paranoic, attention-to-detail whack-job, with enough power to scare ALL the other inhabitants of this cave system into not touching his stuff and even going so far as to put litter in his BIN!. That is discipline of a planetary level!

Rogue (to Cavalier) : 'Look, this is a multimillion plat operation. He can't make that kind of decision. He's just a grunt!' (glances at Cavalier) 'No offense.'

Cavalier (cooly) : 'None taken.' (into Group) 'Wizzy, you copying?'

Wizzy (back from AFK) : 'Standing by'

Cavalier (to Wizzy) : 'Prep for dust off, We're going to need an immediate evac.'

Cavalier (to Rogue) : 'I thnk we'll take off and nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure'

• 2138 posts
    November 13, 2016 6:15 AM PST

Evoras said:

Are you guys crazy??

... Look at the desk. No, no .... next to it ....

... on the floor. Yes, that's it .....

A WASTE-PAPER BIN !

Only the most tightly wound, straight-jacket wearing, card-carrying obsessive would have a bin ... HERE !

Agred, but, I think its more of a waste bucket...you know...so they dont have toleave the desk?: as analogy, as hard-core gamers would use a sock.....

• 219 posts
    November 13, 2016 7:55 AM PST

I hope you can read books and such.  I love games like Baldur's Gate (wow, old school moment there...) or Oblivion.  I probably spent literal hours of my life reading books.  In Baldur's Gate, I remember picking up every book (that I didn't already have a copy of) when I was going places.  I had some place that I used to store things (I think the friendly arms inn or whatever its name was) where the items wouldn't despawn.  I filled bookcases with the books.  But I just love getting little insights into the lore of different worlds, be it the serious (geopolitics and history of the world), speculation (books of "theories" about things like the origin of races or the worlds themselves - speculatory works), or humor (the book in Fable that recalls the tale of the origin of the term "trophy wife"...which was apparently one of those pigmy dudes who disguised himself as a Human, married a woman, and when she found out what he was and made fun of him, he lopped off her head and paraded through town with it on a stick -> "and thus the prase 'trophy wife' was born.")

Games like WoW let you read books, but there's nothing quite like collecting/buying/..."aquiring"...books for my very own library.  :)

Anyway, I hope there's a healing class that has some dungeoning skills like sneaking or divining for traps and such (Clerics should be able to divine somewhat, and Druid healers might have some abilities in those skillsets...) because I totally wanna play a healer, but I like being able to go poking around places, too.  :P

• 264 posts
    November 13, 2016 8:01 AM PST

It may be the desk of a researcher such as an Archaeologist. It could be somebody on an expedition looking for artifacts. This may be a forward area allowing a spot to do some work while in the field.

I look at the waste bin, the fancy carpet, and neat row of books, the supplies in crates, and think I am more likely to find work helping the person or rescuing the person that this desk belongs to.  If a great and powerful Wizard who is not from Oz walked up to this person they would be more likely to be very respectful than combative.

I am getting the perception that a very important artifact is laying on one of those crates.

• 112 posts
    November 17, 2016 3:17 PM PST

Have the party toss the dwarf down there to investigate.

• 264 posts
    November 17, 2016 6:24 PM PST

I hear that among the Ogres it is considered bad form if you have not Shied a Dwarf overhanded. I think the term Shy Dwarf in the Giant / Ogre language actually translates to "Tenderized Dwarf" .