Forums » Pantheon Races

All the races look good

• 2 posts
    November 2, 2016 8:13 AM PDT
    This is the first game I've seen in a long while where all of the races look serious and cool. I'm tired of seeing cartoony races and races that look like silly little babies. CAN'T wait to play some of these.
    • 633 posts
    November 2, 2016 11:12 AM PDT

Yep, looking forward to getting back to a good, immersive game.

• 184 posts
    November 2, 2016 11:42 AM PDT

I agree that the races conceptually look great, however, I hope there is more “Character” to the Races other than just the models they have shown. As an example, in EQ 1 the old models of the Ogre and Trolls were superior to the new ones they released. They made the Ogres and Trolls all muscular and removed many of the funny animations that gave those races “Character” such as the Ogre scratching his butt or the Troll sitting down with their legs stretched out instead of kneeling. Also, I want the characters to look unique with fat guts or big butts give players the option to have fun with their characters, the old EQ 1 Ogre’s with their large stomachs and funny way they ran gave that character model so much “character” its what many people fell in love with when playing them.

VR shouldn’t forget those elements. Not everyone wants to run around with bodies of muscle bound oafs….

Rint

This post was edited by Rint at November 2, 2016 11:43 AM PDT
    • 633 posts
    November 2, 2016 1:36 PM PDT

Rint said:

I agree that the races conceptually look great, however, I hope there is more “Character” to the Races other than just the models they have shown. As an example, in EQ 1 the old models of the Ogre and Trolls were superior to the new ones they released. They made the Ogres and Trolls all muscular and removed many of the funny animations that gave those races “Character” such as the Ogre scratching his butt or the Troll sitting down with their legs stretched out instead of kneeling. Also, I want the characters to look unique with fat guts or big butts give players the option to have fun with their characters, the old EQ 1 Ogre’s with their large stomachs and funny way they ran gave that character model so much “character” its what many people fell in love with when playing them.

VR shouldn’t forget those elements. Not everyone wants to run around with bodies of muscle bound oafs….

Rint

I will second this, races having their own unique animations and styles is great.  Most games nowadays just separate them by gender for their animations.  Would be nice to see races do their own little quirky things from time to time.

For some things, though, it would be nice if it wasn't as frequent.  The butt scratching in EQ1 was great, but it would be cool if it wasn't such a frequent thing, more spontaneous and unexpected would be funner.

• 21 posts
    November 5, 2016 5:03 PM PDT

What i am really looking forward to is the look of the gnome and the Archai. These two races will be some of the most unique looking races in the game, Archai with the elemental effects as looks will be awesome (If they pull it off). elemental fire and ice effects as hair would just cause delight. example of this can be seen with the Genasi race.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=pictures+of+the+genasi&view=detailv2&&id=EE7FD21F95BBB0379A62BB11B446FCEEC71CEBE1&selectedIndex=0&ccid=%2fhYjItus&simid=608017798106909601&thid=OIP.Mfe162322dbac89c659ca23158cd917b8o0&ajaxhist=0