Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Tavern Bounties

• 1584 posts
    November 1, 2016 1:53 PM PDT

Just a fun thought i had just sitting on the couch, how about certain Taverns tell you about some problems they are had with certain monsters/bandits outside of there town and they want you to take care of them and send back proof of you doing so either it be Goblin Ears/ bandit insignias, and also the higher ranking the goblin is the bigger the ear is or something showing rank.  Now what makes these different than quest is that is builds Repuation with the Town your liberating these mobs/and it builds a certain currency only this town will take and they support most levels think if it goes to lvl 50 for cap id say 1-15, 25-30, 45-50, the reason i seperate them like this would be to make it you can't just grind in this one area to get everything you need so you will ahve to explore the world, but also brings players back to the lower level areas and farm the higher lvls sections of a dungeon you once not to be able to go to cuase you were too low, also want to say that this gear is slightest worse than what can be dropped at your level like lets say a lvl 50 mob drops a Shield and it has 19ac 5str 5 magic resist, than the bounty reward guy might sell you a 17ac 2str shield, something to still go for if you want it but still drives the player to try to get the shield that drops deep down into that dungeon at the same time.  Also say the 1-15, 25-30, 45-50 bounty currency is seperated so someone doesnt grind there hearts out to get a piece of gear that outlevels them by a ton.

• 2419 posts
    November 3, 2016 6:47 PM PDT

Deathfist Slashed Belts, Crushbone Belts, Bone Chips, Tumpy Tonics.  Those were items in EQ1 which, when handed in to the appropriate NPC, gave decent faction, XP and coin.  I wouldn't see why Pantheon wouldn't have similar quests spread around the world, especially in the starting areas.

• 1584 posts
    November 3, 2016 8:11 PM PDT

Yeah i was thinking something along the line of like this but more in depth, something that had a goal at the end of the line if you wanted it bad enough so you could priotize yourself in what you wanted to do if you decided to do it.  But, like i said before the gear isn't as good has the gear you could get if you can get to the right aea of the dungeon.  I'm also not trying to make it easier to get geared either just want to know i can go to a dungeon and instead of simply just camping an area of a dungeon with my grp that there can be some incentive of me being there other than maybe a lucky named spawn to come up.

• 114 posts
    November 4, 2016 11:59 AM PDT

It would be nice to have occasional items drop that gave small amts of faction that you could turn in to an NPC. I would prefer, however, that it wasnt like the DF belts where they dropped a lot. I would rather they be an occasional drop, so that they weren't really a farming item.