Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

gender preferances

• 189 posts
    October 20, 2016 5:22 AM PDT
    I'm with Searril on this one. I see certain classes only as a specific gender, my enchanter was a female, cleric a female and halfling rogue a female but all others were male.. /shrug

Play what you want, its your game :)
    • 610 posts
    October 20, 2016 4:06 PM PDT

Depends on the class, if its a warrior or rogue has to be female...usually the smallest (non dwarf or hobbit) race there is

Cleric can be either, casters are male as are shammys or druids

Just always the way Ive played...Now

as far as people saying they have a problem with others playing female to get "fat loots" how pathetic must you be to try and coax a pixelated toon into (im guessing here) cybers for loots...I mean come on, play the damn game and quit trying to score. Its not a freaking dating site.

If I have a female RP character than I will RP as female, but with that being said I have never "hooked up" with someone in game...if a dude was getting a little to chummy I would just send them a tell saying 'sorry but my character isnt looking for any involvement" and if they kept on then they were put on ignore...easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Its my game, I will play the way I want and if you dont like it...well you know where you can kiss it

• 137 posts
    October 20, 2016 4:25 PM PDT
    Male in real life, play both in game, but more often then not I play female.

I played EQ1 from release and made a wooden female ranger as a goof because a buddy of mine was going on and on about female characters getting handouts, I had not really paid attention to it prior to that. After making my way to EC Tunnel, I was promptly handed 3-4 pieces of ivy etched at a super low level. Never pretended to be female in real life, everyone that knew me, knew I was male.....but I didn't correct people that wanted to help that character lol.

Over time I have just realized If I'm going to play a toon for hundreds of hours, staring at them from whatever camera angle, I personally prefer to play a female character. Also, there is the added benefit of how much more frustrated people seem to be when a famale character smashes their face in the arena.

But really my favorite was a male troll, when it comes to troll/ogre, don't think gender really helped lol.
    • 34 posts
    October 21, 2016 4:55 PM PDT

I have fun playing as either gender though I tend to do female ones more often. In primarily third-person games a factor is simply what I'd prefer to look at while running around for hundreds of hours. Any number of things will influence my decision though. And sometimes I just find it incredibly fun to do something like run around as a pretty lady who makes a habit of smashing things with two-handed weapons.

I have no issue with people playing as a different gender, whatever their reason. Even if it's to try and get extra handouts or something...a fool and his money. *shrug*

This post was edited by OtakuMegane at October 21, 2016 4:55 PM PDT