Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Stream Fix

• 668 posts
    October 4, 2016 11:57 AM PDT

I am feeling in great need of a new Pantheon stream video.  There is literally no game out here satisfying my long term hunger and I play off the hope that these videos give.

Kilsin, I searched around, is there anything you can share about upcoming live stream demos??

/in need of a fix

• 613 posts
    October 4, 2016 12:22 PM PDT

Right there with you Pyye!   Kilsin any news on this front? 

Ox

• 294 posts
    October 4, 2016 3:26 PM PDT

Yes, I've finally run through every VOT segment and all the Tavern talks too. I could use a boost as well. Gamer junkies need.

• 54 posts
    October 4, 2016 4:27 PM PDT
    I feel ya, I'm struggling being satisfied with any game as of late. I'm sure we'll have another stream before the end of the year showing off some neat features!

For now the screenshots here and there are satisfying my appetite.
    • 27 posts
    October 4, 2016 4:32 PM PDT

Considering the dev's are in such an early stage of development, we're lucky to have seen a live demo at all.  You might be holding your breath for a long time.

Hoping we can get some more AMA's or information on the core game mechanics and philosophy going forward.

• 9115 posts
    October 4, 2016 5:26 PM PDT

Ahh man, we were just about to release one but we have a new rule within the team, every time someone asks for something new, we have to delay it by a few weeks :( (Hahaha, sorry couldn't help myself) :D

We will have something new to share soon(tm) we are almost at another milestone and have a few things planned, so stay tuned as it shouldn't be too much longer. We really appreciate your patience, it can be tough waiting but just know that it is even tougher working hard on it and trying to get something out for you all when we know you have all been patiently waiting for a while! :)

• 51 posts
    October 4, 2016 8:55 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Ahh man, we were just about to release one but we have a new rule within the team, every time someone asks for something new, we have to delay it by a few weeks :( (Hahaha, sorry couldn't help myself) :D

That's pretty much how I treat my kids when they ask for something :D

• 1468 posts
    October 4, 2016 9:22 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

We will have something new to share soon(tm) we are almost at another milestone and have a few things planned, so stay tuned as it shouldn't be too much longer. We really appreciate your patience, it can be tough waiting but just know that it is even tougher working hard on it and trying to get something out for you all when we know you have all been patiently waiting for a while! :)

Awesome news :). I'm really looking forward to a new Twitch stream even though I probably won't be able to make the actual stream. I'll have to watch the recodered version on YouTube a couple of days after it has been streamed. It'll be really good to see what you guys have been working on.

• 114 posts
    October 4, 2016 10:05 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Omg omg omg you are so mean! 

Can't wait to find out the details of the new stream and news regarding the milestone. Enquiring minds and all that you know!!

If I bribe you with an offer of cookies would that help?? I make REALLY good cookies...hint hint :)

• 85 posts
    October 4, 2016 11:11 PM PDT

Dare I say the word 20 times? That gives you guys a year minimum in one post =D

• 763 posts
    October 4, 2016 11:33 PM PDT

Should we not be starting a pool?

Reply with what will be showcased and win ... errr.... something .... well, kudos!

My 'guess' :

(i) Event: Kilsin's awesome training pulling skilz in action!

(ii) New class: Chanter

(iii) New function: perception

If all three come up, I win!

• 49 posts
    October 5, 2016 12:08 AM PDT

Evoras said:

Reply with what will be showcased and win ... errr.... something .... well, kudos!

My 'guess' :

As they have talked about doing some of the visual upgrades a little early to accomedate the interest in the game, and show something that people wont dismiss as ugly, my best guess is:

1. Updated textures/models/animations
    2. Updated particle/effects
    3. Race visual reveal
    • 1468 posts
    October 5, 2016 12:32 AM PDT

BitCrunzh said:

Evoras said:

My 'guess' :

As they have talked about doing some of the visual upgrades a little early to accomedate the interest in the game, and show something that people wont dismiss as ugly, my best guess is:

3. Race visual reveal

My guess would be that that will come later. I think they are just trying to get the world built with all the content. Once that is done they can make the textures and art work better quality. I could be wrong but that would be my guess.

• 9115 posts
    October 5, 2016 1:53 AM PDT

everett said:

Kilsin said:

That's pretty much how I treat my kids when they ask for something :D

Hahaha, I don't even have kids but great minds man... :D

• 9115 posts
    October 5, 2016 1:55 AM PDT

Frogz0r said:

Kilsin said:

Omg omg omg you are so mean! 

Can't wait to find out the details of the new stream and news regarding the milestone. Enquiring minds and all that you know!!

If I bribe you with an offer of cookies would that help?? I make REALLY good cookies...hint hint :)

I would love to accept that bribe but then I would lose my title of "Keeper of Beans" and I have grown fond of it lol :D

• 9115 posts
    October 5, 2016 1:55 AM PDT

Aposi said:

Dare I say the word 20 times? That gives you guys a year minimum in one post =D

Hahaha, that is one way to get an angry mob to hunt you down! :D

• 9115 posts
    October 5, 2016 1:57 AM PDT

Evoras said:

My 'guess' :

Haha, it would be too predictable, I need to let everyone forget before I pull another sneaky stunt like that, that way I can keep everyone guessing :D

• 9115 posts
    October 5, 2016 2:00 AM PDT

BitCrunzh said:

Evoras said:

My 'guess' :

3. Race visual reveal

Visuals/graphics/animations are just eye candy, they will come later as Crom hinted at, it is usually among the last things to be done before launching a game so it can be tested and optimized. ;)

• 173 posts
    October 5, 2016 2:57 AM PDT

/twitch

I need a fix even more than a cup o' joe

• 19 posts
    October 5, 2016 3:21 AM PDT

I am disappointed... I thought this was a thread announcing another stream date after reading the title :D

Also exitedly waiting for some new info to wrap my head around

• 1434 posts
    October 5, 2016 4:11 AM PDT

I personally hope they wait until they make more progress on the art side before the next stream. Having read most of criticism of the previous videos, it seems many people simply cannot see past placeholder assets to the amazing game that lies beneath. The hardcore eq and vg fans see it and would probably be willing to play for years as is. Unfortunately, a larger portion of potential players feel differently to the point it may almost be a disservice to show too much pre-alpha footage.

• 249 posts
    October 5, 2016 7:47 AM PDT
    Coming from eq1 I could play the game as is and be happy. Making it pretty is a bonus and I hope it's stunning, but content is more important. With that aside.... woohoo! Spill the beans keeper
    • 200 posts
    October 5, 2016 7:57 AM PDT
    I'd love a stream fix, I gave up on playing other games as I just don't find them engaging and enjoyable anymore and I love the concept of Pantheon as a whole. I'd be perfectly fine with the placeholders (I mean, I loved my EQ high elf and one could count the pixels on those characters). I'm afraid Dullahan may have a good point tho, it's crossed my mind before as well.

But I can't handle the wait, gimme more!

Please?

*does puppy eyes*
    • 319 posts
    October 5, 2016 8:00 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Ok Ok Ok. Please do not post a new video. My Cardiologist says I need to pay for the last EKG machine I blew up. I cannot afford another bill.

• 613 posts
    October 5, 2016 2:05 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

HAHAH!!!!   Errrrr almost scratched you right off the Holiday list for that one….

Good news though!!!