Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

NPC Race?

• 2419 posts
    October 3, 2016 5:39 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

What is your favorite NPC race of all time and why?

Goblins, specifically those in Solusek A and the original version of RunnyEye.  They weren't visually impressive, but the shrieks they made when they cast spells was just unnerving and the trains you could end up creating by accident in those zones were the stuff of nightmares.  Lower level dungeons were always more dangerous than higher level dungeons because your capabilities were small and the breadth and depth of your abilities wasn't very big.

Plus, they gave you this as a final insult upon death:

This post was edited by Vandraad at October 3, 2016 5:40 PM PDT
    • 51 posts
    October 3, 2016 8:47 PM PDT

i agree with many on this list and will add 2 others. I really enjoyed killing kobolds, especially once i leveled enough to come back and take out the Kobold Emissary. And I also liked the Minotaurs.  I can't remember exactly but i think you could only find them in Steamfont.

• 163 posts
    October 3, 2016 11:10 PM PDT

Myconid Fungus Old Seb!!

The Fungi Tunic!!

This post was edited by Dalinsia at October 3, 2016 11:11 PM PDT
    • 839 posts
    October 3, 2016 11:44 PM PDT

Lodgedogg said:

Nobody who played EQ can say that if they ever went to oggok they didnt at least crack a smile everytime they read the ogres chat boxes, the wording the used was just to goood!!

Me fink dem speeks gud ogrish!! ... haha i am not a RP'r but I tried to be bothered at the beginning to only use that speak when i rolled a ogre, ended up finding it hard to stop lol!  An ogre joinng a group who used that speak always got some random conversatins going in group, somthing usually relating to which of the smaller races is most delicious or how many weeks break to ogres take between a wash... It always started the festivities of random stupid 1 liner fun in a group :)

Fav NPC races would be Cyclops, Giants and Spectres from EQ1

Cyclops and giants were just awesome because they are massive and feel epic when you fight them!  And i love they way they wobbled around as they died just before they fell to the ground with a massive thud, it felt like you were felling a tree everytime you killed one, I never got tired of that animation

Spectres were also very cool, but that was just about looks mainly!

• 172 posts
    October 3, 2016 11:47 PM PDT

My favorite NPC race would have to come from the elder scrolls universe being the dwemer.  

Although you really only get to see and interact with their constructs i like the mystery behind their race.

• 1584 posts
    October 5, 2016 10:11 AM PDT

Sarnaks, these guys just looked wicked, and honestly if i could of became this race at any point i probably would have played as you too.

• 114 posts
    October 5, 2016 10:44 AM PDT

Wow...my favorite NPC races. So many to choose from!

I would have to say, I have a soft spot for the goblins from EQ. We (my husband and I) would kill them just to laugh our heads off when they died (butts up rofl). Oh, and pixies in EQ too...I still remember that named pixie in LFay...Larktwitter (I think that was her name). She made a great death cry...erm...squeak lol There were the brownies as well...always a challenge since they were so tiny. But the brownies dropped brownie parts for baking, so they were mowed down a lot by me on my druid in wolf form.

The harpies in EQ2 were a favorite of mine. I even got a Destroyer of Harpies title from all the ones I annihilated! As a mage in EQ, I enjoyed hours of killing various elementals. And of course, being a heavy raider in EQ2, I took great delight in the dragons of Veeshans Peak.

However, I think my favorite killing mobs were the undead frogloks of Guk and Old Seb. Now for sheer coolness...the corrupted unicorns in LFay, Quillmane (a Pegasus) in SK, the Shissar, the ratmen of Dragon Necropolis, the chromodracs (butterfly-winged dragonettes), and the sirens/mermaids.

My husband used to just revel in the undead of EQ...he even has the skeleton cackle as a ringtone :) I hope the cackle is back in Pantheon...and the moan of the mummies and zombies!!

• 147 posts
    October 5, 2016 12:49 PM PDT

All the Dragons of Norrath

Not even close the lore/story behind them and getting to see Kerafyrm awakened and going on a killing spree.. all other NPC races would have no chance vs The Sleeper. 

Kerafyrm shouts `I AM FREE!

( Edit ) On servers where Lord Yelinak (leader of the Claws of Veeshan and a member of the First Brood) was alive at the time, The Sleeper would make his way to the top of Skyshrine, fight, and slay him. While this was all happening, dragons all around the world of Norrath began to shout warnings of their impending doom at the hands of the awakened Sleeper. Lady Vox and Lord Nagafen were witnessed shouting joy, for with the death of the Claws of Veeshan, their exile in Antonica would be over. 

This post was edited by Obliquity at October 5, 2016 1:03 PM PDT
    • 232 posts
    October 7, 2016 6:48 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

What is your favorite NPC race of all time and why?

Thalmor from Skyrim - their penchant for secrecy is fascinating.

Iksar from EQ - great history and lore that is unique and inspired.

Humans - when they're not protrayed as a greedy evil race without empathy.