Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Targeting

• 6 posts
    September 29, 2016 12:24 PM PDT

I haven't seen a description of how targeting is going to work?  

Clicking on the PC or NPC?  

Will I be able to target party members using F Keys or clicking their name in the group list?  

I gave up on D & D Online becuase of their method of targeting.  I found it too difficult to target party members to heal them. 

Another feature I liked in some MMOs was the color or intensity of a party member's name in the raid or group list indicated if they were in range for a given spell.   I came to really love this in raid and PVP situations where party members are spread out over a larger distance.

Has any of this been discussed or divulged? 

• 194 posts
    September 29, 2016 12:32 PM PDT

There are a few FAQs about targeting:

How will targeting work?

Does Pantheon use tab-targeting and auto-attack or a more ‘action’ focused combat

Based off of the livestreams I'm guessing it will be very similar to EQ and VG.  (probably more like VG, since EQ didn't have offensive/defensive targets)

• 6 posts
    September 29, 2016 12:52 PM PDT

Thanks, Elrandir.  That was helpful.

I wonder about offensive and defensive targets.  I am embarrassed to admit how often i dotted and rooted myself.  BUT, when charm kiting animals as I could do as a druid in EQ, i found it useful to keep the charmed pet snared, so when charm broke, I could re-charm him without too much stress.  So I worry assigning detrimental spells to only offensvie targets, not allowing us to "harm" friendly targets.

• 86 posts
    September 29, 2016 2:21 PM PDT

Grundoon said:

So I worry assigning detrimental spells to only offensvie targets, not allowing us to "harm" friendly targets.

I prefer the single targeting system from EQ for this very reason.  I look forward to learning how to juggle 2 seperate target rings with different purposes/applications.  I want to be able to cast a heal on something and follow it up with a snare, or dispell or whatever I choose.  If I can do that under the 2 target ring system, I will be a happy camper.

This post was edited by Greattaste at September 30, 2016 9:12 AM PDT