Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Preferred Activity?

• 9115 posts
    September 26, 2016 4:15 AM PDT

If you log into a game and can't find a group, what is your preferred go-to activity to pass the time?

• 91 posts
    September 26, 2016 4:20 AM PDT

* Chatting with Friends, Guild

* Socializing with other (giving buffs, binds, ...)

* Going to the Bank, cleaning out my Inventory

* Watching the Boats coming and going...

* Farming materials

* /gems ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YFeSnvYXFU )

• 9115 posts
    September 26, 2016 4:24 AM PDT

lyrina said:

* Chatting with Friends, Guild

* Socializing with other (giving buffs, binds, ...)

* Going to the Bank, cleaning out my Inventory

* Watching the Boats coming and going...

* Farming materials

* /gems ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YFeSnvYXFU )

Yeah, nice mate :)

• 112 posts
    September 26, 2016 5:09 AM PDT

Farming mats and crafting for upcoming dungeon crawls/raids. 

Scouting and mapping out new areas.

Searching for rare mobs and unqiue trainers.

Helping out newbies.

• 99 posts
    September 26, 2016 5:17 AM PDT

Back when i played Everquest most fond memories i have is camping Lower Guk for a named spawn (Throne Room in a group or later even solo and roaming the named areas, mostly during european day time when no groups claimed the spots) thats something i spent weeks on. It was very frightening at start but worthwhile and fun nonethless.

Grouping up with ppls you knew for being good players was nice too. Healing somone was fun (sad you cant do that in modern games anymore its just about dps) and avoiding red areas while hitting dps skills :).

Cleaning a whole zone with my warrior and an Eartshaker (ingame 2H Sword with proc) due to a interesting combination of skills (rampage attacks everything near you) (no limit) and Earthshaker procs 240 damage ae spell basically about each 3th attack you did in Mobs procced it. (Or even more if you had a Shaman slow you due to the way procs worked in EQ), was a very cool thing to do as well to gain alot of AA at once. Todays ae skills are all limited to like 4 targets or whatever no real cool synergies to get there, beside mobs being leashed in modern games you couldn even pull togheter 100+ Mobs at once anymore.

Raiding meaningfull stuff (i.e. loot that made you more efficient when grouping to gain AAs faster). Was fun since there was kind of an endless progress you could grind for to a Char called Alternate Advancement you been able to have fun for a really long time. Even not being in a top raiding guild AAs did allow you to grow.

To set up my personal vendor at the bazaar and let the computer run overnight just for more moneyyyyyy. In order to sell all the hard earned loot you collected. (You cant do that today everything is no drop or dropped on nameds with a 2 min respawn and 100% chance to spawn and if it doesnt instantly respawn just go to instance no 23 to find that named there) lol.

Being frightened to venture deep down in a dungeon cause you could have a hard time to recover your corpse and get just that piece of loot not many even tried for. Very fun to me. Risk vs reward.

Being trained somewhere (you got better at avoiding thoose trains to zone out) with experience. Good times.

Charming a giant or any mob at all with my enchanter, giving him (the mob) 2 rusty daggers and hasting him to turn him into a killing machine and earn nice xps and loot. Fun as well.

Being known as a respectable and good player. Fun times.

Collecting alot of clickable items, like illusion items or little damage shield rings, small regeneration effects you could get just to make you a tad more awesome or (preventing dispells of more usefull buffs) entering some town in a illusion form while not being slaughtered by the guards even when normaly kill on sight to complete some sort of quest. Activating your jboots to outrun hill giants.

And much, much, more so many good satisfying memories from back there i could continue this for about 3 sites of text :). There have been so many options to grow stronger and a reason you did want to grow stronger (other players).

Sadly its all gone in modern iterations of Mmos.

This post was edited by Ondark at September 26, 2016 5:26 AM PDT
    • 166 posts
    September 26, 2016 5:28 AM PDT

If there is time to fill with non group related content then my #1 activity is fishing. Otherwise I'm lingering around in a capital city.

This post was edited by Landbert at September 26, 2016 5:31 AM PDT
    • 243 posts
    September 26, 2016 5:48 AM PDT

Normally I would go and work on some part of a quest that I could do solo, if I don't have that to do I would usually go explore new areas and get into trouble by getting lost, or go help folks that are asking for assistance in /ooc etc. :)

• 793 posts
    September 26, 2016 5:55 AM PDT

I usually had certain spots I could solo for cash and a little xp.

Do a little selling or sifting through the market for items I might be interested and taking note of their current costs.

In some games I took up crafting of some sort, so I might search for components or work on skill-ups.

Wandering around helping out lower leveled players.

• 5 posts
    September 26, 2016 6:17 AM PDT

If I have a project I am working on such as an achievement or quest that can be done solo then I will work on that. Otherwise, I enjoy farming mats, fishing, and exploring. And if I am super bored I will run laps around whatever city I am in at the moment. It's an old habit that has stuck with me. 

• 9115 posts
    September 26, 2016 6:18 AM PDT

Nice, so far lots of good options, I'm glad no one said log out! :D

• 65 posts
    September 26, 2016 6:25 AM PDT

if i log into game and i cant find a group i think its time to find a new game.

or log onto the forums and try be the first to say the game is dying 

This post was edited by Porky at September 26, 2016 6:29 AM PDT
    • 116 posts
    September 26, 2016 6:29 AM PDT

I really do hope that there is some content we can do solo but if a group is difficult to find, I guess I would do some exploring, gathering and or crafting.

This post was edited by Oldtimer at September 27, 2016 5:26 AM PDT
    • 2 posts
    September 26, 2016 6:55 AM PDT

I am truly hoping that crafting is more akin to FFXI. So I can sink more of my time into that than even questing or doing dungeons. I played FFXI for about 1.5 years and spent more time as a Carpenter than my level 75 Samurai. lol :D

Or to actually anwser the question: Crafting if it's worth it.

• 89 posts
    September 26, 2016 6:57 AM PDT

Work on guild materials or trade skills.

• 200 posts
    September 26, 2016 7:00 AM PDT
    Fishing! (Please include it, /beg.)
    Chatting with friends and guildies, crafting, hanging around a spot with lots of people and chat with them.. stuff like that :).
    • 91 posts
    September 26, 2016 7:31 AM PDT

Landbert said:

If there is time to fill with non group related content then my #1 activity is fishing. Otherwise I'm lingering around in a capital city.

Yeah... Fishing. I totally forgot about that one! I remember fishing for hours and hours, at Freeport Docks, just to get fishes and Gills... AND watching the Boats ;).

• 7 posts
    September 26, 2016 7:54 AM PDT

In no particular order:

* Try and find something to solo (not bothered about XP gain just not impossible to find something)

* Buff/help newbies.  Was a big one for hanging out and giving help to new players

* Get hopelessly lost in a new zone

* Character 'admin' - bank tidy ups, review gear, look for new stuff.

* Travel - Went from Surefall Glade to Greater Faydark on foot many times - more often than not, something would come up while travelling.

* Craft a bit, gather materials

* Go to old newbie zones for payback :)  Ambassador DVinn..... Retlon Brenclog......

• 32 posts
    September 26, 2016 8:56 AM PDT

Exploration and socializing :)

• 16 posts
    September 26, 2016 9:09 AM PDT

Exploring, crafting, gathering.

Any time sync quests (run to npc1, run to the other side of the world to npc2, to be told to go back to the other side to talk to npc3)... These are very common in FFXI :(

Organize my inventory

/shout /shout let it all out!  Who wants to join a group?

• 151 posts
    September 26, 2016 10:18 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

If you log into a game and can't find a group, what is your preferred go-to activity to pass the time?

Farming for materials and/or soloing.  Tradeskilling if I feel I can deal with the tedium at that particular time.

• 99 posts
    September 26, 2016 10:27 AM PDT
    Go Solo dont always need a group. Alot of the times i like to play by my self with some music instead of teamspeak.
    • 85 posts
    September 26, 2016 10:35 AM PDT
    Socialize and attempt to find something soloable
    • 6 posts
    September 26, 2016 11:04 AM PDT

Oldtimer said:

I really do hope that there is some content we can do solo but if a group is difficult to find, I guess I would do gathering and or crafting.

I'm with Oldtimer! 

Also, I like the notion of buffing and helping lowbies.  One of my most fun activities in EQ was to turn myself into a tree in kelethin and announce great druid buffs if they find me and hug me!  (Those druid buffs like the damage shield, soe (or wolf-form and lev), str and what-not really made those lowbies all but invulnerable for a little while!)

But sometimes I just can't commit to a group because of time or fatigue, so I'd hope there will some soloable content so we can progress when we can't gropu.  (gropu is the official MMO spelling.  Just like the spelling of the thief class, rouge.)

This post was edited by Grundoon at September 26, 2016 11:06 AM PDT
    • 393 posts
    September 26, 2016 11:08 AM PDT

Gathering mats, tradeskills, exploring, solo material.

• 106 posts
    September 26, 2016 11:23 AM PDT

I plan on dual boxing so i will be able to kill single pulls or do lower lvl camps and do the easier parts of quests. Never a dull moment when u got a pocket healer.