Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

wiki.pantheonmmo.com

• 4 posts
    September 9, 2016 1:16 PM PDT

Who will be hosting the Wiki? Is there a Wiki now?

I always enjoy adding content when I stumble across it. I also always wonder how the author know the actual damage a mob does.

Brewmaj

• 644 posts
    September 9, 2016 1:18 PM PDT

I loved, loved, LOVED allakhazam.com

I really hope there is a pantheon-zam

• 76 posts
    September 9, 2016 3:07 PM PDT

fazool said:

I loved, loved, LOVED allakhazam.com

I really hope there is a pantheon-zam

allakhazam was good but it did get frustrating that you had to make a premium account to get infomation now. 

• 18 posts
    September 9, 2016 3:23 PM PDT

I am currently trying to find out for us if Dulfy is going to be playing Pantheon. She makes very good guides :)

• 219 posts
    September 9, 2016 3:48 PM PDT

Please no Wiki for a while after release. That way things will be a wonder. I actually really dislike how Wiki's and such ruined true gaming IMO. I remember when it meant something to know your way around without a guide but I guess those days are gone.

• 781 posts
    September 9, 2016 4:21 PM PDT

Yeah, there will be map videos on youtube pop up within hours of opening day !  for sure :) 

• 166 posts
    September 9, 2016 5:18 PM PDT
    Yes, there will be any kind of informations on the game that will be released very fast, so we can start reading them as early as we want, if we want. For a Game-Wiki there are some different good pages already, but a new one would be good as well. The first one the people gets used to and keeps to be up to date will make it.
    • 393 posts
    September 10, 2016 1:36 AM PDT

Pyde said:

Please no Wiki for a while after release. That way things will be a wonder. I actually really dislike how Wiki's and such ruined true gaming IMO. I remember when it meant something to know your way around without a guide but I guess those days are gone.

I'm afraid, despite your honorable perspective, that this is wishful thinking. Interwebs and all that.

The only way to keep things in game mysterious, fresh and unknown is for the individual to make a concerted effort to not go looking for answers before finding them on their own.

But we know how gamers are...

Personally I think it was the magic of not knowing things that made games incredibly remarkable. Once people started putting guides, maps, and wiki's up that magic died a cruel death.

/shrug

• 9115 posts
    September 10, 2016 4:10 AM PDT

We have an official wiki in the works with information about Pantheon so stay tuned for its release in the future :)

• 114 posts
    September 10, 2016 11:14 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

We have an official wiki in the works with information about Pantheon so stay tuned for its release in the future :)

Yay!!!

• 76 posts
    September 11, 2016 1:21 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

wow, this is pure awesome. well as long as you don't give us too much info ofc. 

we want to figure some things out on our own :)

Edit (yes i know wikis can be changed by most people thus i put this addendum, that second comment is for everyone devs and players ;) )

This post was edited by Akailo at September 11, 2016 1:23 PM PDT
    • 724 posts
    September 12, 2016 12:12 AM PDT

I like a wiki for an overview of classes, professions, crafting etc. Lore too of course. Quest descriptions should probably have huge SPOILER warnings around them though :)

• 221 posts
    September 12, 2016 4:14 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

really solid idea man.  that should be cool

• 173 posts
    September 12, 2016 4:28 AM PDT

Awesome sauce!! Can't wait to see it.

• 613 posts
    September 12, 2016 12:00 PM PDT

Add that to the list of cool stuff coming for the game!!  Love it!

Ox

• 32 posts
    September 18, 2016 10:05 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Thank you for this information Kilsin! :) Are we generally supported to contribute to the upcoming wiki or? And can we think on adding space for guilds and social aspects within the wiki as well? 

Thank you in advance! :)

C.

• 243 posts
    September 18, 2016 10:21 AM PDT

You could make it so if you want to post a guide you have to pay $100, that might slow them down a bit. :)

• 781 posts
    September 18, 2016 10:45 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Wow, That's great news :) 

• 9115 posts
    September 18, 2016 4:58 PM PDT

Cler1c said:

Kilsin said:

Thank you for this information Kilsin! :) Are we generally supported to contribute to the upcoming wiki or? And can we think on adding space for guilds and social aspects within the wiki as well? 

Thank you in advance! :)

C.

At this stage, it is VR only and we are just adding official Pantheon information like game tenets, class/race info etc but more on that later :)

• 10 posts
    September 18, 2016 5:43 PM PDT

I wish there would be no wiki for Pantheon. No class guides, no gear guides, no dungeon guides. I do not want to look on Youtube how to kill a raid mob and call that progression. Whatever happened to the mystery of virtual worlds? It was a boon Vanguard:SoH didn't have a lot of that, certainly no boss/raid guides.

A short story what happened in FFXIV:ARR. I started the game on launch day and was playing it alot, but didn't rush the levels. Every single dungeon (not even endgame dungeons) run I did, there were people who would make you watch on Youtube how to kill all the bosses and do the coreographed fights. There was no learning to be had. People were so scared to lose and start over. One time I told the group I refuse to watch the fights on Youtube and some of them just left the party.

I sincerely hope Pantheon can keep all that to the minimum. :)

• 32 posts
    September 18, 2016 11:12 PM PDT

At this stage, it is VR only and we are just adding official Pantheon information like game tenets, class/race info etc but more on that later :)

(Droid Voice): Roger, Roger! :D

• 801 posts
    September 18, 2016 11:49 PM PDT

Veltan said:

I wish there would be no wiki for Pantheon. No class guides, no gear guides, no dungeon guides. I do not want to look on Youtube how to kill a raid mob and call that progression. Whatever happened to the mystery of virtual worlds? It was a boon Vanguard:SoH didn't have a lot of that, certainly no boss/raid guides.

A short story what happened in FFXIV:ARR. I started the game on launch day and was playing it alot, but didn't rush the levels. Every single dungeon (not even endgame dungeons) run I did, there were people who would make you watch on Youtube how to kill all the bosses and do the coreographed fights. There was no learning to be had. People were so scared to lose and start over. One time I told the group I refuse to watch the fights on Youtube and some of them just left the party.

VR may, but you cant stop what will happen anyways. Its the majority out there that will either do premium sites or spolier sites to help people do quests etc..

I think the majority would leave your group too, if you have never done a long axx fight and it takes time to complete it. (end game)

Spending 1 hour loosing, and someone says OH ok i get it now, OK i just figured it out for the first time. What did you not learn how to do this fight before LFG? you mean we spent 1 hour teaching you.

Just saying.... spoilers can help.

• 9115 posts
    September 19, 2016 2:53 AM PDT

Veltan said:

We will not be putting guides up for anything, it is purely for information about the game, nothing more, if community members want to put their own stuff up we can't stop them so it will come down to people just ignoring it if they do not want to be aided by guides and walkthroughs but unfortunately in this digital age information gets shared very quickly no matter what it is in relation to.

It will come down to self-control for a lot of people whereas I will personally ignore it like I do with all MMORPGs and find things out myself, I know many other community members share that view too ;)

• 19 posts
    September 19, 2016 3:26 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Veltan said:

We will not be putting guides up for anything, it is purely for information about the game, nothing more, if community members want to put their own stuff up we can't stop them so it will come down to people just ignoring it if they do not want to be aided by guides and walkthroughs but unfortunately in this digital age information gets shared very quickly no matter what it is in relation to.

It will come down to self-control for a lot of people whereas I will personally ignore it like I do with all MMORPGs and find things out myself, I know many other community members share that view too ;)

Very well said (y)

• 173 posts
    September 19, 2016 3:37 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Veltan said:

Thanks for the clarification.  I like tihs approach.  It allows those who do not want guildes, spoilers, and such to lern about the game itself.  For the players that would seek things such as guides or walkthroughs I'm sure there will be sites for those, though.  While not my personal preference I like players to have a choice.