Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Dangers and Surpises

• 184 posts
    September 9, 2016 7:08 AM PDT

I always have been the type to “go off the beaten path”. The feeling of adventure is driven through exploration with all of the risks and dangers associated with it; I want find areas (caves, hidden coves, underwater caves…etc…) that you can only find by going off of the beaten path.

Rint

• 393 posts
    September 9, 2016 7:40 AM PDT

I keep looking at the screenshot and I can almost see myself playing my character right there. It's so frustrating!!!

• 219 posts
    September 9, 2016 7:42 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

In a world filled with dangers and surprises, you need to pick your fights carefully, which way would you go, left or right? :)

I would sit down right there and pull out my Platerspiel (That is german for Bladder Pipe). I would then play a beautiful melody enticing any nearby enemies to come within my proximity. As the enemies approached I would switch melodies to an attack buff and signal for my group hiding on the hillside behind me to attack. All the long while I would enjoy the sight and sound of a song and deception well played ! 

Pyde Pyper.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bladder_pipe

Thats a link to the Bladder Pipe if anyone was interested in the instrument. It was believed to have been one of a few diffrent instruments the Pied Piper could have played. 

• 668 posts
    September 9, 2016 10:31 PM PDT

As I said in FB, I would go middle.  I definitely would head to the edge of the cliff ahead, taking the high ground to do a bit of scouting the area before proceeding further out!

• 243 posts
    September 10, 2016 10:47 AM PDT

I would wait till dark to see what came out at night :)

• 114 posts
    September 10, 2016 10:56 AM PDT

Lol it doesn't matter to me since I am famous in and out of various games for being lost constantly.

After all, I have been lost before and remember what it looks like :)

I just know I am going to love being lost in Pantheon!!

This post was edited by Frogz0r at September 10, 2016 10:58 AM PDT
    • 23 posts
    September 10, 2016 7:24 PM PDT

See that tall mountain in the background...heading right for the top of it; because the view from up there must be exceptional.

• 3016 posts
    September 11, 2016 10:26 AM PDT

Hmmm I'd probably meander down to the pathway on the right...and then climb up on the rock to the left of that path,  to check out the terrain below and what it contains,  before proceeding any further. :)

• September 11, 2016 2:19 PM PDT

Left. Looks less traveled.

• 2419 posts
    September 11, 2016 5:33 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

In a world filled with dangers and surprises, you need to pick your fights carefully, which way would you go, left or right? :)

"world filled with danger".  I know this is alpha, but I gotta say it worries me to see such a broad environment, yet nothing living in it.  I expect to go to this very spot in the game when it is live and see animals wondering everywhere, bandit camps, orc outposts or drolvarg scout tents in that valley.

All that said, I'll still go forward because I do see the glimpse of a stone tower in the distance and that mountain is bound to have some caves, dungeons or other dark and deadly places within it.

• 9115 posts
    September 11, 2016 6:06 PM PDT

Vandraad said:

Kilsin said:

"world filled with danger".  I know this is alpha, but I gotta say it worries me to see such a broad environment, yet nothing living in it.  I expect to go to this very spot in the game when it is live and see animals wondering everywhere, bandit camps, orc outposts or drolvarg scout tents in that valley.

All that said, I'll still go forward because I do see the glimpse of a stone tower in the distance and that mountain is bound to have some caves, dungeons or other dark and deadly places within it.

I actually spent a few minutes angling my shot to avoid showing anything like that off and only got a couple of wolves and "something else" in my shot due to the fact that we are not finished with animations and models, when we launch the game, it will be a lot different. ;)