Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Dangers and Surpises

• 9115 posts
    September 8, 2016 4:50 AM PDT

In a world filled with dangers and surprises, you need to pick your fights carefully, which way would you go, left or right? :)

• 93 posts
    September 8, 2016 4:56 AM PDT

Left!  As I said on FB, this decsion is from table top D&D a while back, where the group decided to always choose left to stop any indecision. :-)

Although left would probably get you bitten by the looks!

~~~ <()> ~~~
    Valor and virtue ride with me, my blade defends the helpless,
    my might upholds the weak, my words speak only truth,
    my wrath undoes the wicked!
    <~ Vaultarn Stormborn ~>

This post was edited by Vaultarn at September 8, 2016 4:56 AM PDT
    • 724 posts
    September 8, 2016 4:58 AM PDT

Beautiful screenshot! I wonder what that high mountain in the distance is! I want to go there and climb it! :)

As for the way: Right would take you into open territory, or so it looks. In a dangerous world, its always better to stay in cover...so left for me!

• 563 posts
    September 8, 2016 5:56 AM PDT

I'd go staight to that red tree in the distance, maybe theres something special there, if not, it looks pretty, who cares about the dangers! *gets killed by a bear* :D Fall is my favourite season because of the colour change in trees :P

This post was edited by Rachael at September 8, 2016 6:05 AM PDT
    • 793 posts
    September 8, 2016 6:02 AM PDT

Typically, paths are the safest, easiest and fastest travel with the exception of bandits. There are many more dangers when leaving the well traveled paths from animals, bandits, terrain difficulties even dead ends, not to mention it is easier to walk more quietly on a path than through brush and trees, and your ability to scan for hidden dangers is usually better on a well worn path. :)

• 25 posts
    September 8, 2016 6:02 AM PDT

Straight along the rocks ..keeping in cover as I moved silently...Always watching..Never far from my comrads looking for my arrows prey...

Longshanks The king of England..

• 45 posts
    September 8, 2016 6:07 AM PDT

I would move from tree to tree circling around from the left, hoping to get behind the enemy. A preemptive strike is always the best way to go.

• 1404 posts
    September 8, 2016 6:23 AM PDT
    Right to the path, paths always lead to something.
    • 9115 posts
    September 8, 2016 6:31 AM PDT

All directions are dangerous, left there are wild animals and some "other" things, straight ahead is a drop off a cliff so I hope you trained safe fall lol and right is a path protected by an ambush that you likely wouldn't suspect ;)

• 9115 posts
    September 8, 2016 6:32 AM PDT

That red tree is awesome,  it got me killed a few nights ago while I was admiring it and looking up while standing under it, I got attacked by wolves and a spider! :D

• 116 posts
    September 8, 2016 6:45 AM PDT

I'm with Rachael, straight towards the red tree, perhaps I can gain a height advantage on the rocks to scout out the area for any likely ne'er do wells or any other interesting features in the area.

• 1921 posts
    September 8, 2016 6:55 AM PDT

Left.  There's a tower over there.

red- tower1, tower2
    blue- tower window
    purple- gatehouse or other stone structure
    green- Special Environment indicator?

This post was edited by vjek at September 8, 2016 7:06 AM PDT
    • 430 posts
    September 8, 2016 7:39 AM PDT
    Gonna pretend I am a ranger and climb the tree .. So I can see it all :p
    • 86 posts
    September 8, 2016 7:43 AM PDT

Ide go left of that rockface in front of you. Right to the road would be safe but who every finds anything rare on the road?

• 644 posts
    September 8, 2016 8:00 AM PDT

I'd go down to the path and use it as a guideline, but I would travel through the woods and underbrush alongside the road.  Much like one follows a stream - follow the path but stay OFF the path to avoid ambushes by bandits.  If you look beyond the red tree, I see three pines on a ridge.  Behind that ridge there appears to be a valley/gorge/pass through the hills.  I would try to get there.  I would follow my "next -to-the-path" method as far as it takes me toward that mountain pass/valley.

I want to get through that pass/valley.

• 1778 posts
    September 8, 2016 9:05 AM PDT

Ill go both. Ill start right and take a long circuitous route back around to the left. Training the whole zone as I go, running like a madman!!!

In other news: Amsai was later reprimaded by GMs, and took a hit in reputation from the community........... ;.;

• 173 posts
    September 8, 2016 9:39 AM PDT

Imma head into the forest and see what trouble I can find.

• 18 posts
    September 8, 2016 10:05 AM PDT

I would head right. I want to know where that road goes!

• 2138 posts
    September 8, 2016 12:54 PM PDT

If alone- the path because I am heading to a place I have never seen and I want to "take in the air" there and stay for a fe days, maybe make some friends with the strange people- if possible- and maybe gain a little faction at least with the local merchants.

If In a group, and Vjek was in the group? and they said they saw somehting overthere? then I would be ok with going over there. Otherwise I would go with whomever put the group together to do the things they wanted ot do. If it turns out that I have a quest as well that involes something near what quest or need THEY have? and we got their thing fairly quicly? I would then ask- at an appropriate lull- if this group had time to maybe help with my bit. If I didnt have a quest but ahd tiem I would stick around and help the other person in the group go for their thing. Get the lay of the land- learn some new quest things , ooh and ahh over the item, maybe. Maybe think of coming back to get an item for myself. 

• 17 posts
    September 8, 2016 1:01 PM PDT

That is some beautiful scenery.  It would be amazing if the terrain on the horizon is the landscape of the connecting zones.

• 105 posts
    September 8, 2016 1:07 PM PDT

I wouldn't go anywhere, I would just stand and stare at how beautiful the landscape is!

I cannot wait to get into exploring Terminus... more screenshots please!

• 1921 posts
    September 8, 2016 1:12 PM PDT

Unity can do some amazing things, provided you don't abuse the engine too badly or push it's limits too far.  Of course, a gtx 1060 will likely be 'old' by the time pantheon hits alpha. :P  But the videos so far have really shown off the performance of the engine when you keep things simple.

• 624 posts
    September 8, 2016 4:23 PM PDT

Flute out, twist invis and levi tunes, then straight on 'til morning.  Bard exploration baby, the only way to travel!

Oh, wait, just fell off the cliff, quite visible and now painfully broken.  Curse you Kilsin, another minstrel trap well played, sir.  You rogues are crafty folk.

This post was edited by Kumu at September 8, 2016 4:25 PM PDT
    • 393 posts
    September 9, 2016 2:22 AM PDT

Beautiful. Really like the trees and their variety.

I'd take the left, it's more mysterious and unknown and, well, natural.

• 19 posts
    September 9, 2016 6:14 AM PDT

left....I am a sucker for the unknown :)