A Kerran/Saberon-like Race

A more primal-looking version of the Vulmane Pack race

A bulky, Sentient bear Race

A Draconic Sarnak-like Race.

• 63 posts
    April 13, 2017 7:25 PM PDT

Farrinard said:

I would like to see lycanthropy like in EQOA. Werebears, Werelions, Wererats, Weregators, Werewolves and vampires!

Then the Werehunters as an alternative. 

• 72 posts
    April 22, 2017 1:15 AM PDT

Burnsmh said:

Farrinard said:

I would like to see lycanthropy like in EQOA. Werebears, Werelions, Wererats, Weregators, Werewolves and vampires!

Then the Werehunters as an alternative. 

Just... don't make them 'Civil'... that tends to attract white vans and questionable themes...

This post was edited by Farrinard at April 22, 2017 1:16 AM PDT
    • 9 posts
    May 15, 2017 6:47 PM PDT

One word:  TROLL!

• 155 posts
    May 15, 2017 6:59 PM PDT

Klumpedge said:

Many races were dropped into Terminus at one time or another throughout the history of the world. There is no reason why that could not happen again and therefore no reason why a topic of expansion races isn't plausible.

I always liked the Froglok race added to EQ2.

Froglok Inquisitor ?

• 169 posts
    May 18, 2017 9:31 PM PDT

Sigh, not enough barbarian love

• 432 posts
    June 4, 2017 8:55 PM PDT

You know it would be interesting if they made a race called something simple like 'Hybrid'. While making it you get to choose one race and mix it with any other race. This would basically give you your half-elf race but also open up to much more. I'm sure some race combo's will be not possible. Such as Gnome and 'anything'. And the character customization tools would be unique for whatever combo you choose. anyway, kind of an interesting idea (I don't honestly care enough though).

I think if a race was added it would have to go through a filter. 

A) Is the Race a classic (such as Dwarf, Human, Orc)

B) Is the Race'unique' and 'different'

And this is where I want to add in a FAE like Race, or a Race of Angels. Or a Race of four-legged or animal-legged creatures (like Satyr's) 

Just my 2c

-Todd

• 109 posts
    May 31, 2018 10:02 AM PDT

Bazgrim said:

Of course there will be expansion races. They have said that when new races arrive in Terminus, there will always be a good reason for them to do so. I think I remember Aradune saying that races such as Froglok, Fae, Iksar, etc. don't really fit well in the overall feel and story that they are going for. They're not going to include "fan favorites" just for the sake of fan service. It has to make sense first for them to do so. For example, a classic Froglok in Terminus would just seem so ridiculously out of place. Frogloks were totally unique to EQ and it's probably best to leave it that way. But I'm not trying to slam Frogloks too hard. Anyway, I think it's pretty obvious that while most of the game is traditional in nature, Races are one area in which they are thinking outside the box. I, for one, am excited to see what unique races they come up with.

There was a lot of backlash when Frogloks and Vah Shir's were announced with outright hatred for them in the forums talking about how they didn't belong back in the day.  Yet now if you asked most folks they'd say they didn't know how the game survived without them.  Point being I wouldn't completely discount any races because expansions with new content and land can change everything.  Though these guys are really talented so they don't *need to fall back on old known races if they don't want to clearly.  The way I see it they are trying to strike a balance between the familiar and the unknown it's just a matter of deciding what to allow in.

• 1479 posts
    May 31, 2018 4:17 PM PDT

I really want lizards of some sort, and more generaly animalistic races.

But I'll deal with it if I get no scaled crazy dominators like the iksars were. :(

• 16 posts
    August 26, 2018 3:52 PM PDT

I would also like to see trolls make an appearance somewhere down the line in a future expansion.

Though, they did such an interesting job with the Archai and the Dark Myr (undecided about the Skar) that I'm also interested to see what else VR could come up with.

As far as animal types go, cats and rats both seem possible, perhaps as a pair that destroyed their shared planet after eons of being at war with one another. The rats could even be the subterranean race mentioned earlier. 

• 190 posts
    August 26, 2018 8:58 PM PDT

I have a small subset of amazing friends who were super attached to their Ratonga characters in EQ2. They even had an all Ratonga guild on the RP-PVP server called Rat Pack. I think if they could make the Ratkin (or a higher form of) a playable race, they'd attract all those 'tongas over. I can just see all the cheese-themed names now... ;)

• 16 posts
    August 26, 2018 11:15 PM PDT

Haha yeah, the ratonga certainly had their fans. I had a pair of them at one point, Wharf Ratt and Sewer Ratt, but I played nearly everything at one point or another on one server or another in the years I played EQ2. 

• 10 posts
    February 25, 2019 10:33 PM PST
    I would love to see Vah Shir and barbarians make an appearance. Not so interested in frogs.
    • 520 posts
    April 13, 2019 11:11 AM PDT

Well as a person who definitely will alt the necromancer i do hope for opportunity to make skeleton (lich-like) character. Especially that most of my race selections atm will end up with me choosing gnomes  ;-)

• 3 posts
    May 8, 2019 11:01 AM PDT

The next race implemented in the game should most definately be the troll. It fits well with the list of initial races and conforms with both the playable/non-playable races revealed to us already. Currently there doesn't seem to be as many obvious "dark" races in the game. I think VR has done a fantastic job with their orc character models so I would very excited to see how they go about creating the trolls of Terminus.

• 372 posts
    May 8, 2019 12:01 PM PDT

Skol said:

The next race implemented in the game should most definately be the troll. It fits well with the list of initial races and conforms with both the playable/non-playable races revealed to us already. Currently there doesn't seem to be as many obvious "dark" races in the game. I think VR has done a fantastic job with their orc character models so I would very excited to see how they go about creating the trolls of Terminus.

The trolls were going to be in the game but the race eventually changed to Skar. 

This post was edited by Tigersin at May 8, 2019 12:51 PM PDT
    • 945 posts
    May 16, 2019 8:11 AM PDT

I'm expecting Dragons to return to Terminus at some point, and with them I would love to see a Half Dragon race!  (Possibly giving the Paladin another race to choose from).   EQ had them and they resembled humans, while in D&D they more resemble bipedal dragons (called Dragon Born).  I would be cool with either, but the more humanoid one would fit aesthetically.

This post was edited by Darch at May 16, 2019 8:12 AM PDT
    • 48 posts
    May 21, 2019 2:16 AM PDT

Iksars, although Skar's come quite close even if they are originally Trolls.

• 193 posts
    July 29, 2019 6:46 AM PDT

Think I'm happy to wait and play the game first. They may very well have an npc race that would be cooler than anything we've seen up to this point to play!

• 19 posts
    August 7, 2019 5:42 PM PDT

Something we would think is cold-blooded (as akin to warm blooded), or something with tails. =P

• 520 posts
    November 1, 2019 7:59 AM PDT

To add to my previous post (skellie!), I cartainly would love races like: centaur, lizardfolk, loxodon, aarakocra, kenku, shadar-kai and ILLITHID!

• 99 posts
    February 9, 2020 11:49 AM PST
    I am not a fan of animal races never have been hated when EQ introduced them. That said I am clearly in the minority on this. I liked killing froggies not grouping with them.
    • 888 posts
    February 12, 2020 10:35 PM PST
    I want to see some more new races and not just the most common MMO fantasy trope rehashes.

2 headed humanoid dragon. Each head has a minor breath weapon

Shape-shifter which has an animalistic form that doubles as a melee DPS class and a humanoid form which can choose a regular class. This will allow it to switch between two roles as needed.

Tainted Fey: a corrupted fairy race suffering a self inflicted curse. I envision a gothic post-apocalyptic aesthetic.

Mimic: It's natural form is a smooth, almost amorphous humanoid and it has no racial benifits. It can mimic other races, getting half the racial benefit of the mimiced race. When it mimics, it actually copies the aesthetic (including gender) of another player. Possibly even make it classless, adapting to the class of what it mimics.

Night/Day race that has different active and passive racial abilities depending upon if it's day or night.
    • 39 posts
    November 2, 2020 6:50 PM PST

There are two main races i have seen people actually disappointed in not being included. 

First is the Troll: Which we do have Ogre and Skar included Trolls have been a fan favorite from EQ1, EQ2, and even into the realm of WoW

Second

Dark Elf: Again another fan favorite from EQ1 and EQ2. And these would fit well. 

I would like to maybe see a new take on one of them, not so far as the gnome remodel. But maybe make Trolls a Nobel more advanced race, while still looking monsterous. Let them be a paladin and cleric instead of a shaman and dire lord. This would add flavor to the race and make it something new to pantheon. 

Dark Elf let them be the underworld stalkers that they are. Good at magic and fighting.