Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

UI/Map customization

• 65 posts
    September 5, 2016 11:39 AM PDT

Will the UI be customizable Like eq1 and eq2.

so you can edit and change and maybe add fetures to fit your playstyle/Help locate things.

by this i mean Example: [EQ2maps 3rd party program] so you can add your own points of interest so they are easier to find next time you head back to that zone.

will the UI files be User side so they can be edited/adjusted to make for a better feel.

Or will you be going along the lines of addons Like Rift and WoW

id personally like the edit /create UI files rather then addons as the addon systems ive seen just cause more lag and so on but either way ill be happy.

• 363 posts
    September 5, 2016 11:49 AM PDT

I think, at this point, the best way to get a feel for the UI is to watch the dev grameplay streams, although that most likely is not how the game UI will turn out. This is pre-alpha stage, after all. Other than that, haven't seen alot of information about the UI. Sorry!

• 9115 posts
    September 5, 2016 5:15 PM PDT

We have covered this in multiple threads but basically the official stance is we will allow some customisation for the user to move their UI around, skin it and set it up the way they like but we will not support APIs, Addons or 3rd party programs that link information to the game or allow the UI to be dramatically changed.

• 65 posts
    September 5, 2016 5:48 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

We have covered this in multiple threads but basically the official stance is we will allow some customisation for the user to move their UI around, skin it and set it up the way they like but we will not support APIs, Addons or 3rd party programs that link information to the game or allow the UI to be dramatically changed.

cheers for the reply and info

• 23 posts
    September 6, 2016 4:21 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

I think this is the best approach. Allowing people to edit the UI too much can lead to bugs and game instability due to badly written or out dated add-ons.

Being able to move around UI elements and adjust their size is good, because we all play on different size displays  - 60" HDTV here :)

I would like the ability to share layouts/keymaps easily between different character.