Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Talents,Traits,Skills ability to mess it up?

• 200 posts
    September 3, 2016 6:17 AM PDT

In World of Warcraft the first respeccs were very cheap. But with every talent reset the class trainers wanted much more gold. And every bigger class change via client patch gave you a free respecc. I find it is a good solution.

Greetings

• 432 posts
    September 3, 2016 6:40 AM PDT
    If the system built has limited respects it would mean you would eventually have to throw away your character. I'm not down with that. I would sacrifice a lot to get things just right on a character which is beloved to me

Think of a Lich who offers his services. The first service is free, he offers it with a smile. The second time he charges you ... He takes some of your essence. He promises he won't take too much this time, but it WILL hurt.
    The last phase, whether it be the 3rd or 8th time doing this (idk) the Lich treats you like any other addict and you have to give him trinkets, treasures and while he has promised not to take your entire soul he surely will ravage it.
    You offer him every penny you have, treasured items, armor, weapons; you give to the Lich all those things you saw others give that you swore you would never stoop so low to mimic. You even retrieve artifacts for the Loch he requests, you play to his fancies.Then after he feels pity for you ... He gives you what you want.
    #respecaddiction

You know, that was fun to write and think about. I'd love that in the game. This lich builds addict minions. Ha!

-Todd
    • 279 posts
    September 4, 2016 4:59 PM PDT
    In EQ alot AA were absolutely worthless, but the tool tip description was worded in such a way to make them sound quite useful or atleast decent.

Some of these AA were expensive and entrapped the player, resulting in some cases a substantial waste of time for nearly nothing.

I think if the descriptions are unclear or blatantly wrong or the return on investment is completely out of whack. If the AA system repeats these mistakes, yes there had better be resets available.

• 70 posts
    September 5, 2016 2:31 PM PDT

What I'm about to type is based on a gut feeling, and no real information to back it up as I have not found any.   If this game is like EQ original where the average player would take months to get to level cap, and you gimp your character, having to start completely over to ungimp it, it would be... discouraging.  What if the devs change things that completely invalidate your choices.  You're stuck with a gimp character?  I sure hope not.  This requires careful consideration.  I realize some of the folks want this game to bring the sort of pain one might feel if one were to smash ones nuts on a log with a hammer, but I am not one of those persons.

This post was edited by hackerssuck at September 5, 2016 2:32 PM PDT