Forums » Pantheon Races

Matching kickstarter and post kickstarter races

• 166 posts
    August 26, 2016 6:39 AM PDT

Sorry for asking this, but I only follow Pantheon closer for a short period of time. It happend today, that I watched the page of the kickstarter project and wondered why there are a few races / classes different to the currenct post kickstarter page. I was curious if the races and classes just changed their name or if some of them were removed and replaced with new ones? The number of races seems to be the same on both pages with a number of nine. The number of clases is with a number of 12/13 higher on the post kickstarter page than eight on the kickstarter page.

The races Humans, Ogres, Dwarfs, Elves, Halflings and Gnomes are listed on both pages. But the Revenants, the T'Jinn and the Vrilaskas of the kickstarter page are now longer mentioned. Are they removed and replaced or could they matched to the new races the Archais, the Dark Myrs and the Skars? I could imagine it is like the following: Archai == T'Jinn - Dark Myr == Vrilaska - Skar == Revenant. So my question here is, is my matching correct? Is there another matching? Or are the old races been removed and replaced with the new ones?

For the classes only the Dark Knight class is not mentioned on the post kickstarter page, but there are several more than on the kickstarter page. Here I suppose the Dark Knight is now the Dire Lord. Again here my question, is my matching correct? Is there another matching? Or is the Dark Knight just been removed?

Again sorry if this was already asked, but could not find it through forum search.

• VR Staff
    • 246 posts
    August 29, 2016 8:23 PM PDT

How observant of you, Landbert.

Yes, some details have changed since the kickstarter launched a few years ago. Among them are three of the races the one class. It's pretty common over the life of a game's development. In the case of the races, they were changed entirely, not just renamed. Clean start for each of them.

Thanks for asking!