Forums » Crafting and Gathering

not sure if its been brought up but. . . .

• 9 posts
    August 15, 2016 9:54 PM PDT

I believe in Vanguard we were gonna be able to craft our own homes. Silly to some but... place to log out safe haven.. / return / bind to?  Not to mention possibilities of decorating or showcasing trophy kills or weapons? Would allow the wood be more then just bow and staff ^.~ not that those are bad mind you.. just food for thought. If not sorry for post =)

• 9115 posts
    August 16, 2016 4:07 AM PDT

We actually did craft our own homes in VG (to a degree, it was a template in a few different styles for each continent) but we got to decorate them ourselves too plus we had small, medium and giant guild halls which took weeks/months to harvest all the materials and make but well worth it in the end :)

We have spoken about having houses in Pantheon too but it is a little early to go into finer details at this stage of the development.

• 9 posts
    August 16, 2016 2:23 PM PDT

Well i thank you m'lord Kilsin, the info little as it maybe gives me hope. i remember early Vanguard pre ( certain people who shall not be named ) it was great  game.  Gathering and the refinement alone was nice add on for grades of builds. . Anyway thank you again /kneel.

• 9115 posts
    August 16, 2016 5:01 PM PDT

killafornia said:

Well i thank you m'lord Kilsin, the info little as it maybe gives me hope. i remember early Vanguard pre ( certain people who shall not be named ) it was great  game.  Gathering and the refinement alone was nice add on for grades of builds. . Anyway thank you again /kneel.

You're very welcome my friend, I look forward to talking more about crafting as we release more information, it is something I enjoy a lot also :)

• 510 posts
    August 17, 2016 7:12 AM PDT

BTW - the guild hall resource gathering for VG?  Best in gaming IMHO.  I would like to see more of that.  Also, I would like to see some ship building/usefulness.  However I also aknowledge the fact that this mechanic might become a bit of a problem.  Maybe if we just start off with boats in the harbor type of thing...

• 173 posts
    August 19, 2016 6:02 AM PDT

VG is the crafting system by which a guage all other games.  I remember building our GH.  My wife was our only Artificer (they made bricks, right?) She made every brick for the whole place.  I also remember getting woken up and silly early one morning cuase she was feeding the baby at the time and the mob that drop her mass production book spawned.  Great times <3

• 510 posts
    August 19, 2016 7:15 AM PDT

Aye - what is amazing to me (and probably you and your wife) is that some folk just don't GET it....