Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Positive Observation

• 18 posts
    August 15, 2016 7:20 PM PDT

I've been reading the forums for some time now, and I've noticed just how awesome this community has the potential to be.  Being that so many "old school" MMOers are gravitating towards Pantheon in droves (former EQ folks especially, of which I am), the general population has been really helpful, non-negatively-sarcastic, mature, and overall non-trollish.  I appreciate and miss that.  This game seems to be attracting older, more mature players, which I think is absolutely great for the game because this community of individuals tends to stay committed.  I'm hoping all of this isn't merely speculation, but actuality, as a core of mature players will help Pantheon be around for the long run.  In any case, I'm looking forward to "meeting" you folks and hopefully spending time with you in-game in the future!

• 194 posts
    August 15, 2016 7:53 PM PDT

Couldn't agree more.  Welcome to the forums, Trazick.

• 839 posts
    August 15, 2016 10:50 PM PDT

Hey Trazick! Your 100% right and the player base will mostly be just as you described i am sure. This is a fantastic community as you will find out with the more and more contributions you make, welcome aboard mate!  This is such a great place to discuss concepts with like minded people and throw ideas around that may well make it into testing and who knows may mould some aspects of the polished world they are creating!

Looking forward to hearing your ideas and thoughts on the massive range of topics discussed!

• 32 posts
    August 16, 2016 3:22 AM PDT

Trazick, I share your feelings! I really love it here as well! :) 

Still, I must admit that I have found such lovely atmosphere of cooperation and camaraderie on many other pre-launch MMO forums. But when, in later stages, the gates open the flood of new players tends to disrupt the peculiarly focused inter personal relations. For that reason I personally, and my guildies as well, always come to the pre-launch forums in hope of finding quality members of the community and sharing in quality not quantity - building quality relations now to enjoy later. That, plus my introverted nature simply prefers smaller communities to big ones, so I guess I don't have much a choice in this regard in the end, heh. :)

Sincerely,

C.

• 763 posts
    August 16, 2016 4:04 AM PDT

A bit selfish, but I look at it this way:

1. These forums are intended to aid developers iron out problems, or gather ideas/options on various topics.

2. They want quality ideas and well argued cases both for and against.

3. The more useful we are in providing well reasoned ideas or arguements, the more likely they are to come here and take notice.

4. The more notice they take, the more likely we are to influence the next iteration of changes.

5. If our influence is good, the game will be better.

6. I get to play a better game.

7. I lose my job from taking too many days off playing...

8. I drink myself into a stupor and rob a bank to finance my Patheon habit,

9. ...luckily prison has internet access

10. Now I play Pantheon 24/7 ... my dream cone true.

So, as you can see... my 'good behaviour' is merely a selfish move towards getting to step-10.

• 9115 posts
    August 16, 2016 4:16 AM PDT

Evoras said:

1. These forums are intended to aid developers iron out problems, or gather ideas/options on various topics.

3. The more useful we are in providing well reasoned ideas or arguements, the more likely they are to come here and take notice.

4. The more notice they take, the more likely we are to influence the next iteration of changes.

5. If our influence is good, the game will be better.

6. I get to play a better game.

So, as you can see... my 'good behaviour' is merely a selfish move towards getting to step-10.

Lol, I like points 1 through to 6! but don;t go to jail, there are other ways they make you pay for internet man lol ;) 

• 1281 posts
    August 16, 2016 6:11 AM PDT

Evoras said:

Feedback is important for sure, but it's also important to stay focused on the vision for the game.

Let's say Pantheon's forums get flooded with people who are screaming loudly to implement all sorts of "casual" game mechanics. They may be the loudest group in the forum with many great suggestions for casual mechanics that really make sense. That doesn't mean those ideas should be implemented into the game because that's not what the vision of the game is.

If I were a MMO developer I would be very careful and concise when soliciting the community for feedback or suggestions due to this reason.

This post was edited by bigdogchris at August 16, 2016 6:13 AM PDT
    • 432 posts
    August 16, 2016 5:09 PM PDT

Anyone can have any opinion here(which is hopefully constructive and not hate speech.). The developers know how to stick to the agenda. Its very important every person feel it's ok to share how they feel withought fear of being attacked. Sent via mobile -Todd

This post was edited by tehtawd at August 16, 2016 6:27 PM PDT
    • 613 posts
    August 18, 2016 10:41 AM PDT

Welcome to the forums!  There are a bunch of here and I think as strange as it sounds we are here for a reason.  I am calling it the Pantheon Pull.   We are looking for good times and good friends.  Its a fun place and Kilsin and crew keep us in line! 

Good to see you here!

Ox

This post was edited by Oxillion at August 18, 2016 12:40 PM PDT
    • 16 posts
    August 18, 2016 11:09 AM PDT

Hahahaha ROFLMAO

Evoras !  I think I love you !   *blows kisses and winks*

• 202 posts
    August 18, 2016 11:42 AM PDT

Evoras said:

My god, I think I ended up laughing WAY to hard at this, especially at #9.