Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Stagnate Characters.

• 72 posts
    August 13, 2016 9:57 PM PDT

Recently I have been playing Warframe, and I noticed that characters that are standing there have movement, a kata, a movement...something. I remember all standing around near the bank waiting for an SoW, or KEI etc, and everyone looked like a mime waiting for a plat. I know this is way down the road , but should certain char/class/trade have an animation ?

• 9115 posts
    August 14, 2016 2:59 AM PDT

Lore, race and class friendly idle animations are pretty cool if they are very subtle :)

• 149 posts
    August 14, 2016 5:52 AM PDT

I love when characters have animations or routines. Even in The Elder Scrolls Online, NPC merchants and the like have routine patterns that they follow. They will stand in front of their shops for awhile, then walk over and talk to their fellow shop owners, then go check their stock, etc etc. It made it all feel very alive.

• 148 posts
    August 14, 2016 9:38 AM PDT

Idle animations are a good thing, as long as they fit (no need for bouncy elves)

• 10 posts
    August 14, 2016 9:41 AM PDT

I think this is a good idea. Idle animations often add a humorous side to characters and offer yet another method of entertainment during downtime.

• 763 posts
    August 14, 2016 11:12 AM PDT

Cannot wait to see the idle animation I am sure they are designing for me, where the cat hiding in my backpack peeks out to look at you.

Don't worry DEVs, it doesn't *have* to be calico ... ginger or black is also ok! :)

Cheers.

• 147 posts
    August 14, 2016 11:16 AM PDT

Think it was EqII that did it with "Moods" happy,sad,angry etc.. whatever you had your mood set at would change your idle animations.

• 4 posts
    August 14, 2016 1:18 PM PDT

SWG also had moods for idle animations, they also affected how you animated when you spoke.
    As long as we're not standing there like 2nd rate actors on a bad tv show it's an improvement.
    *Pulls out a yo-yo and starts it spinning while he awaits Alpha*

• 142 posts
    August 15, 2016 6:37 AM PDT

EQ had idle animations.  Think Troll scratching butt.