Forums » Crafting and Gathering

Crafting gear...

• 510 posts
    August 8, 2016 6:44 PM PDT

I would propose that there be specific tradeskilling quests that resulted in gear that was designed for crafting/harvesting.  Let's say you are a jeweler.  You get a quest to remove gemstones from 100 low-level dropped goblin items that use quartz.  At the end of the quest you are givin some tradeskill XP and a gemcrafting tool that would add like 3% to you quality lvl of hatever it is you are jewelcrafting.

We should have a full list of things that could affect tradeskilling.  Things like Durability, quality, etc.

• 429 posts
    August 8, 2016 8:12 PM PDT

Vanguard had crafting specific gear and tools along with different skill sets ( problem solving , reasoning , ingenuity , finesse ) ... I like it :) 

• 510 posts
    August 9, 2016 7:49 AM PDT

Aye - let's just hope the idea catches...

• 176 posts
    August 9, 2016 3:30 PM PDT

I like the idea. I do hope you are not limited to one tradeskill though.

• 510 posts
    August 9, 2016 5:08 PM PDT

I like the idea of having some modifiers to crafting that could even influence what kind of crafting you can do..

For instance, using old EQ char/classes, allow an Erud Enchanter to

a. Craft what they want (any class can be any crafter)

b.  Craft what their race is know for - in EQ Erudites were known for their TAILORING...

c. Craft according to you adventuring skills - Arcane users can IMBUE items, Clerics and Crusaders can BLESS items, Enchanters can PSYCH items, Druids and rangers can do whetever it is they do with Nature, etc.

So in the long run, let's say you were an Erudite Enchanter - then you can Tailor, Jewelcreft, and Psych.  If you decided to double up on a craft and say be the same - Erudite Enchanter and pick Tailoring Tailoring then you would get a natural bonus to tailoring, but you could still be Psych the itmes.

• 613 posts
    August 22, 2016 12:21 PM PDT

Shea said:

Vanguard had crafting specific gear and tools along with different skill sets ( problem solving , reasoning , ingenuity , finesse ) ... I like it :) 

I know bunch of people that did not like the crafting in VG.  I loved it.  That and SWG had great crafting systems. 

The OP's post does brings up a very good idea. It would make the depth of the function good.   Crafting typically gets the once over and is usually a shallow process that everyone dreads. I think this would help fix that.

Ox

• 173 posts
    August 22, 2016 1:46 PM PDT

I love the idea of crafting gear.  To me, it adds another level of depth to crafting.  I loved how it was done in VG, both having the gear and the crafting system in general.

• 510 posts
    August 22, 2016 5:47 PM PDT

Ox?  Did you play on MithMarr in EQ1?

• 205 posts
    August 29, 2016 5:35 PM PDT
    I too like crafting gear. It makes sense and allows those who craft to carve out a niche even more so.