Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

I once logged in as a Lizardman Shaman...."Project M"

• 1281 posts
    December 1, 2020 2:01 PM PST

I loved Project M. I beleive I was an Orc in one zone and a Lion in another. I remember in SK running up and attacking players while they were trying to sit. Kinda surprised they put it on PvE servers because it was possible to grief players but I suppose it's no different than a NPC lion running up and attacking you.

This post was edited by bigdogchris at December 1, 2020 2:01 PM PST
    • 316 posts
    December 3, 2020 11:59 PM PST

Yeah, I love love love this concept. I think it'd be very smart to include some very different, creative gameplay modes in MMOs these days.

• 690 posts
    December 9, 2020 8:21 PM PST

I remember playing as a bee in gfaydark. It was pretty fun trying to beat up noobs but they were pretty strong compared to me so I'd run away a lot. I got a pretty high level skelly in the field of bone and actually helped out a group of new players-which was rewarding in its own way.

I'd certainly like this system, especially if it was as robust a system as several have suggested here, but the hardcore pve players should have a few servers without it.

• 76 posts
    December 17, 2020 9:51 AM PST

I miss stuff like this from the old games. I support it.

• 80 posts
    December 23, 2020 1:45 PM PST

I think it would be a cool feature, but it would have to be completely random and very soldum or extremely limited. Otherwise the greifing would be annoying if it's happing too much.

• 79 posts
    December 30, 2020 5:55 AM PST

project m was great  i was part of the stress test on qeynis,but  it would  have to drop no loot  or gold from the system, except what you looted , because players will exploit it, this would be a great alternate rule set

• 690 posts
    January 6, 2021 1:12 AM PST

Makinelly said:

I think it would be a cool feature, but it would have to be completely random and very soldum or extremely limited. Otherwise the greifing would be annoying if it's happing too much.

Could do it like scav runs in Escape From Tarkov

You can only do it every now and again, and you log into a random area.

Possibly-

If we have account wide banks you keep what you have looted if you zone out alive.

• 44 posts
    January 16, 2021 4:41 PM PST

I would pay real money to participate in this kind of thing. Even if you can't save your character, zone, or enhabit creatures above level 35, it would still be such a fun experience to try and level up and mess with some adventurers. I imagine it could draw in quite a crowd of people to watch it on Twitch if it were advertised and introduced well.

"EDIT: I did try Project M when it came out. Though there was a queue I tried it a few times, though I think I only ever ended up with low level creatures (orc pawn in crushbone, beetle in qeynos, ...)

This post was edited by Donler at January 16, 2021 4:42 PM PST