Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

A different twist on Resurrection Spells

• 180 posts
    August 8, 2016 4:21 PM PDT

At the early levels in EQ experience loss was negligible per death.  If the same exists in Pantheon, it would almost seem a waste of time to seek out a Rez.  The experience loss has to be significant to be worth a Rez and down time associated with it. 

• 999 posts
    August 8, 2016 5:11 PM PDT
    @Thanakos

I don't disagree, but obviously many do, look at every death penalty thread. I'm only suggesting it would provide an option for those that chose to obtain it.
    • 116 posts
    August 10, 2016 8:39 AM PDT

My humble opinion is that Rez should not restore any exp by itself. The XP penalty for dying should be partly (say 50% for discussion's sake) recovered upon looting the corpse. Rezzing could possibly damage to body and remove of the potential recovered XP, letting the rez get better with character level. This way, if anyone but the healer dies in a dungeon, the corpse run can be avoided but don't bother trying to find a rezzer to a dungeon if it's a complete wipe, it won't bring any more exp than walking back in. This also opens up the corpse run to be avoidable via a corpse summon that cost money and all possible recovered xp. So a party tight for time at the end of a night can make the call to corpse run or quit.