Forums » Crafting and Gathering

Crafting quality range

• 9 posts
    August 5, 2016 7:11 AM PDT

All,

I have always like the range of results from crafted items.  The LQ/MQ/High Quality results always was exciting for me and I hope this makes it into the crafting system here.

Crafting a AC5 / 55HP ring should I think have a range of results (+/- 20%) to final outcome and that will go along way to define crafters who only sell their top level stuff under their name.  Allowing the crafters name and to actually name super rare crafting outcomes (+50%?) would be a way to make the art of crafting to contribute to a chracters reputation. 

Clearly to support this there can be means to enhance the Quality level of a craft (special tempers etc) and that again will speak  to the quality of the crafter instead of ther Walmart producers.......

Thoughts?

Godzilla

• 105 posts
    August 7, 2016 6:15 AM PDT

I love the idea of a quality range and of being able to name a high quality rare version of something. I would like to see an improved chance of getting the higher qulity items as your skill improves or if it does end up being some sort of skill based mini game then obviously the better you are at it the better the item you will get.

• 510 posts
    August 8, 2016 6:15 PM PDT

You make another fine point my friend.  Again this leads to better crafting communities and commerce within the game itself.  I would go a little bit further and suggest 5 levels of quality.