Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Another Night in Wild's End

• 9115 posts
    August 4, 2016 3:56 AM PDT

Another beautiful night time screenshot of Wild's End, how do you think the light source came to be?

• 563 posts
    August 4, 2016 4:14 AM PDT

Perhaps its a bio luminescent fungi or moss thats growing at the top of those pillars, not sure it the're rock or some type of plant thats growing upwards, maybe the glowing blood of a creature that was stabbed onto them.

Very nice shot, very excited to explore wilds end myself when we get the chace!

This post was edited by Rachael at August 4, 2016 4:15 AM PDT
    • 1303 posts
    August 4, 2016 4:16 AM PDT

Perhaps the mana climate is so intense in that particular valley that it infuses those crystaline forms with magical energies to the point that they glow? 

• 9115 posts
    August 4, 2016 5:16 AM PDT

Rachael said:

Perhaps its a bio luminescent fungi or moss thats growing at the top of those pillars, not sure it the're rock or some type of plant thats growing upwards, maybe the glowing blood of a creature that was stabbed onto them.

Very nice shot, very excited to explore wilds end myself when we get the chace!

Very nice theory, Rachael :)

• 9115 posts
    August 4, 2016 5:17 AM PDT

Feyshtey said:

Perhaps the mana climate is so intense in that particular valley that it infuses those crystaline forms with magical energies to the point that they glow? 

A nice theory also, Feyshtey :)

• 116 posts
    August 4, 2016 5:23 AM PDT

I will venture to guess they are naturally occurring sources of energy that are still functioning after a catastrophic event.

• 279 posts
    August 4, 2016 5:59 AM PDT

I'd have to taste it first to answer.

• 9115 posts
    August 4, 2016 6:09 AM PDT

Oldtimer said:

I will venture to guess they are naturally occurring sources of energy that are still functioning after a catastrophic event.

That could be possible :)

• 9115 posts
    August 4, 2016 6:09 AM PDT

Pantz said:

I'd have to taste it first to answer.

Haha, do it! I wanna see what happens! :D

• 1778 posts
    August 4, 2016 6:37 AM PDT
    Hmm. It's alive and it's sweating? Run away! Rock Giant!
    • 19 posts
    August 4, 2016 6:46 AM PDT

They are magical light sources left over from an ancient civilization that once inhabited the area who had a very high level of magical sophisitication. They declined and finally returned to a low level of existence after warring with each other to the brink of oblivion, leaving these light sources as their only example of their legacy.

• 9115 posts
    August 4, 2016 7:08 AM PDT

Amsai said: Hmm. It's alive and it's sweating? Run away! Rock Giant!

Lol, great, now I will be watching over my shoulder next time I visit for screenshots ;)

• 9115 posts
    August 4, 2016 7:09 AM PDT

rasheron said:

They are magical light sources left over from an ancient civilization that once inhabited the area who had a very high level of magical sophisitication. They declined and finally returned to a low level of existence after warring with each other to the brink of oblivion, leaving these light sources as their only example of their legacy.

I like it, Rasheron, nice :)

• 430 posts
    August 4, 2016 7:47 AM PDT
    Why it's grimlin forest of course glowing shrooms and pesky grimlins . Then again could be a sneaky rogue with a campfire trying to ambush innocent unsuspecting players :)
    • 432 posts
    August 4, 2016 8:01 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Another beautiful night time screenshot of Wild's End, how do you think the light source came to be?

I like to have fun with the thought the glow comes from the magical essence of undeath wraiths have. Within the core of each crystal are several wraiths which have been captured and held in imprisonment by the haflings who first tamed the untamable wilds. The last words these undead heard before being stored away within the stone was: "Watch us thrive.". 

Then again it could actually be a kind of stone which 'grows' like a plant. I like the idea of plants which give off a lightsource to bring in prey.

-Todd

This post was edited by tehtawd at August 4, 2016 8:02 AM PDT
    • 15 posts
    August 4, 2016 8:01 AM PDT

Perhaps it is the spirits of the Wild's End rising at night to protect and watch over the forest. You enter only by their leave and exit only by their mercy.

I absolutely love this screen shot and it is now my background.

• 781 posts
    August 4, 2016 8:15 AM PDT

Isn't that the same guy standing to the left with his hands in his pockets again ?  How does this guy keep ending up in every screenshot.....and he is standing next to the same two pillars...hmmm He has some type of writing oh him.. could the glow from the crystalline fragments and the writing on his robe be tied together ?  Those glowing crystalls can they be hit and maybe fragments fall from them , therefore giving you a source of light ?

• 55 posts
    August 4, 2016 8:37 AM PDT

Can`t tell really in detail what exactly they are but could be a very microscopic type of farie, that tends to the forest micro life forms. They rest during the day allowing the sun to recharge the plant life (it also recharges the magic they use for repairing the forests) and in the evening they come to life to get the evening work done. This is why they glow at night. After all it is better to work at night when most everything is sleeping...almost everything. This is where they live.

This post was edited by AvianaSummerwood at August 4, 2016 8:39 AM PDT
    • 613 posts
    August 4, 2016 9:34 AM PDT

Ouch!!!  /Oxillion stumbles from bashing his tow into rock.  Who left that there? 

Love the colors even in the dark look great. 

Ox

• 264 posts
    August 4, 2016 2:54 PM PDT

Every Screen Shot that has those light sources also feature a Statue of some type of Magical Being, they also always have those stones with the holes in them.

It seems that every stone has a light associated with it. 

I think if you pull the glowing crystal out of the ground, and stick them in the holes of those stones, then the Magical Statue will provide you a delicious muffin !

• 9115 posts
    August 4, 2016 5:06 PM PDT

Love the replies folks, keep them coming! :)

• 2138 posts
    August 4, 2016 5:25 PM PDT

Magic, of course.

*looks around at the perplexed faces in a condescendingly puzzled way then catches herself*

Natural....magic. *satisfied: smiles quickly and walks up* 

• 109 posts
    August 4, 2016 9:15 PM PDT

Those aren't Light Sources!!. Those are focus items that are either creating or subsiding a particular Mana Climate!!

(had to apply it as wallpaper to get it big enough to see...hint hint *cough* 4k *cough*downloadable*cough*) 

Sorry, I have a bad cough right now.

This post was edited by Naim at August 4, 2016 9:16 PM PDT