Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Decisions ... Decisions!

• 24 posts
    August 1, 2016 2:04 AM PDT

Lets just say there is no NPC right in front of you barking instructions as soon as you plop into game and your feet hit the ground. Instead, you hit the ground alone. What is the first thing you do? Run off into the wild to start killing things? Maybe run into town instead (providing there is one within view) to start talking to people?

• 563 posts
    August 1, 2016 2:35 AM PDT

In situations like these I usually wander aimlessly exploring the area, killing any mobs I find and can handle solo, if I find a town I'll usually go to it and talk to a ton of NPC's :P

• 55 posts
    August 2, 2016 12:36 AM PDT

I'm withRachel. Explore and kill,and if the town or npcs come into view head there to see what they are all about.

• 55 posts
    August 2, 2016 12:37 AM PDT

Oh... And take 30000 screenshots.

• 514 posts
    August 2, 2016 2:30 AM PDT

Find the healer and protect her until we get to town.  Then she's on her own.

• 2756 posts
    August 2, 2016 7:10 AM PDT

I do quite like to get straight into exploring the abilities of my character as much as exploring the environment.

It's best to find a settlement before nightfall, though - that's just common sense...   Or make a fire and settle in for a nervous time...

• 116 posts
    August 2, 2016 7:15 AM PDT

AvianaSummerwood said:

I'm withRachel. Explore and kill,and if the town or npcs come into view head there to see what they are all about.

I'm with Rachel and Aviana on this one explore and kill and maybe try to skill up gathering,mining etc.

• 19 posts
    August 2, 2016 7:18 AM PDT

I usually do some exploring, killing things to check on my talents, and see how woefully underpowered I am lol. Then into town to see how much a new bag will cost me. I hate getting that message that my inventory is full. There is still so much neat stuff to pick up....

• 644 posts
    August 2, 2016 7:44 AM PDT

I always figure out my surroundings and what situation I;ve landed in.  

I'll scout around a little and head into town.  I'll try to figure out if its a friendly or hostile town and find out where the merchants are.  

Then I'll figure out if the guards will help me by trying something easy and bringing it to the guards.  If they will help me, then I will hunt a little just outside their range until I figure things out a bit.

By then, hopefully, others have wandered by and I've started to figure out the story of the place.

• 148 posts
    August 2, 2016 11:14 AM PDT

Find a nearby settlement and hunt around that for a bit, then from there find somewhere to go explore and start looking for a group on the way

• 363 posts
    August 2, 2016 2:26 PM PDT

Marvel at the depth and breadth of the world the devs have created--snapping a few hundred screenshots--before realizing that I forgot to equip my weapon and am being besieged by a pack of ravenous wolves......

...yeah, that would be a cool way to start!

• 2138 posts
    August 2, 2016 6:12 PM PDT

Agreed, you need to be outside and need to figure it out. Maybe a note in your pocket saying- go to the guild master- but you dont know which one, or where it is.