Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

I'm Blind!

This topic has been closed.
    • 13 posts
    July 26, 2016 11:30 AM PDT

One thing I found incredibly fun and immersive in EQ was being blinded by some mobs and your entire screen going black.

Can we expect some spell effects (through casters, environment systems, etc.) that will effect our screen, game controls, sound or other game systems?

- Spinning players around in circles

- Blanking out screens

- Muffling game sound

- Tossing players in the air

- Messing with movement controls

- Randomizing memorized spell slots

- Disarming players

- Placing "imaginary" mobs on the screen for fear/insanity spells

^^ A non-inclusive list of some of the effects I enjoy in games to break the monotony of "trading math" between pixels. 

Does adding additional 3rd person functionality (from the mostly mandatory 1st person view from EQ), or the Unity Engine allow for, or affect any of this?

This post was edited by renfillas at July 26, 2016 11:32 AM PDT
    • 1434 posts
    July 26, 2016 11:47 AM PDT

Lol someone just made a thread about this topic last month.

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/3574/blind

The answer is yes, you could black out or distort the 3rd person camera if you wanted to.

• 19 posts
    July 26, 2016 12:03 PM PDT

Lol the first time I encountered this was in the gorge of King Xorb or something in EQ when I ran into the beholder. Major panic ensued and then..........the dreaded loading screen. knew I shoulda gotten a bind closer. Damn my adventurous spirit! 

These effects are a fun part of the 'immersive gameplay' that really made EQ different from other games. I hope there are going to be varied affecting 'effects' to give flavour and ambience to the game.

I understand this topic was already discussed (thanks for the link Dullahan) but it immediatly brought back that memory and I had to post, as I (obviously) missed the first thread. 

Cheers,

Rasheron

This post was edited by Rasheron at July 26, 2016 12:21 PM PDT
    • 781 posts
    July 26, 2016 12:08 PM PDT

Yup, I remember my first time I went blind as well, i thought something was wrong with my monitor !  Scared the crap out of me..lol  I hated the spinning effect as well when you would get hit I would always end up running the wrong way, back the way i just came. ugh.. reason I have all of this grey hair now. Thx EQ :)  LOved it !

This post was edited by Kelem at July 26, 2016 12:09 PM PDT
    • 13 posts
    July 26, 2016 12:10 PM PDT

Oh awesome.  Thanks for that.  I did a scrollback of the general forums but didn't see any topic titles that looked related.  Guess I missed it.  But maybe we can get some mod love here or a hint at some spells already in the works that might fit!

• 9115 posts
    July 26, 2016 6:21 PM PDT

Unfortunately, the only mod love is going to be closing the thread and redirecting everyone to the first post create about this exact topic (https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/3574/blind) as it is against forum guidelines to create duplicate posts on the same subject.

Feel free to copy paste your posts into that thread to continue the discussion.

Please spend a minute using the search function prior to creating a new post as you will find with so many posts already made on these forums that there is bound to be one on the subject you are wanting to discuss :)

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at July 26, 2016 6:22 PM PDT