Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Another Night Shot of Wild's End

• 9115 posts
    July 14, 2016 4:00 AM PDT

Another beautiful shot of Wild's End, the Halflings homeland, where could this lead to?

• 243 posts
    July 14, 2016 4:06 AM PDT

My Halfling's house! The zone looks great so far, definitely starting my first character out there.  Actually it sort of reminds me of the entrance to a really deep canyon.  Keep up the good work guys :)

This post was edited by Rominian at July 14, 2016 4:08 AM PDT
    • 563 posts
    July 14, 2016 4:11 AM PDT

Wow that looks like a painting! Is this a screenshot?

Wilds End looks so nice from what we've been shown so far, halflings are one of the races I'm strongly considering for my main (it's between halfling and human, maybe gnome) and shots like this just push me further in that direction! :D

Great stuff!

I imagine it's either leading to a back alley's type area on the outskirts of a major city or a forest/cave dungeon maybe ruled by a powerful mage/witch? :P

This post was edited by Rachael at July 14, 2016 4:22 AM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    July 14, 2016 4:27 AM PDT

Rominian said:

My Halfling's house! The zone looks great so far, definitely starting my first character out there.  Actually it sort of reminds me of the entrance to a really deep canyon.  Keep up the good work guys :)

Funny you should say that this screenshot was taken way down a big rock wall, similar to a canyon ;)

• 9115 posts
    July 14, 2016 4:29 AM PDT

Rachael said:

Wow that looks like a painting! Is this a screenshot?

Wilds End looks so nice from what we've been shown so far, halflings are one of the races I'm strongly considering for my main (it's between halfling and human, maybe gnome) and shots like this just push me further in that direction! :D

Great stuff!

I imagine it's either leading to a back alley's type area on the outskirts of a major city or a forest/cave dungeon maybe ruled by a powerful mage/witch? :P

It looks good enough to be a painting for sure! but this screenshot doesn;t even do it justice, in-game it looks even more amazing, you will be blown away when you get to log in and see for yourself :)

It was taken close to the last shot (in daylight) but down a huge cliff!

• 563 posts
    July 14, 2016 4:47 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Rominian said:

Funny you should say that this screenshot was taken way down a big rock wall, similar to a canyon ;)

That sounds awesome, I love the idea of deep canyons/chasms or high cliffs/mountains in zones that you can either be in the depths of/up top looking up/down to other players! Its kind of fun to get to where you think your friend is but you missed a path and you're on a completely different level looking up/down to them!

This post was edited by Rachael at July 14, 2016 4:49 AM PDT
    • 105 posts
    July 14, 2016 6:15 AM PDT

I'm sorry, Kilsin, but I'm going to have to ask you to stop posting such amazing screen shots.  I'm currently sans game because nothing out there is measuring up for me right now so this constant hype is driving me to insanity.  Every time you post another sweet screen shot I am obliged to DL it for my wallpaper folder.  It's terribly difficult to look at these promising stills and not be able to explore it for myself.

I long to make Terminus my new home!

• 563 posts
    July 14, 2016 6:27 AM PDT

Marilee said:

I'm sorry, Kilsin, but I'm going to have to ask you to stop posting such amazing screen shots.  I'm currently sans game because nothing out there is measuring up for me right now so this constant hype is driving me to insanity.  Every time you post another sweet screen shot I am obliged to DL it for my wallpaper folder.  It's terribly difficult to look at these promising stills and not be able to explore it for myself.

I know how you feel Marilee xD I just wish I had a better monitor to do the picture justice!

Kilsin, you have got to inform the team that we will die for some 360° shots! I'm not sure how easy/hard they are but if you release these I'm sure people will flock to them! Even new subs! :D (/hopes)

• 9115 posts
    July 14, 2016 6:43 AM PDT

Marilee said:

Haha, I'm sorry Marilee! I know it is a tease but they are too good to keep to myself, it is hard to take a bad screenshot in Pantheon! ;)

• 9115 posts
    July 14, 2016 6:45 AM PDT

Rachael said:

Marilee said:

I know how you feel Marilee xD I just wish I had a better monitor to do the picture justice!

Kilsin, you have got to inform the team that we will die for some 360° shots! I'm not sure how easy/hard they are but if you release these I'm sure people will flock to them! Even new subs! :D (/hopes)

I did see that thread and it is an interesting idea, I think it needs to be done from in Unity itself, though, which I do not access, so one of the Devs may be able to help, I will run it past them next meeting and see what they say :)

• 1778 posts
    July 14, 2016 6:47 AM PDT

It looks like it leads to somewhere bright and friendly. And Im sure the huge troll over there is probably coming this way to give me some directions as he realizes Im lost. Such a Kind soul.

"Well hello there Mr. Troll, how can I he.........Arrrhhhhhh Ahhhhh ohhh stop please............"      /falls to the ground lifelessly.

*You were cruely beaten to death by an angry Cave Troll. Amsai, Its whats for dinner!

• 184 posts
    July 14, 2016 7:54 AM PDT

Nice Pic... A Quick Small Video would be better... :)

• 563 posts
    July 14, 2016 8:50 AM PDT

It's currently my desktop image :D

• 149 posts
    July 14, 2016 9:04 AM PDT

Very cool so far! Im excited to see the world building as I am hoping zones nad cities are large! It always makes me chuckle when I enter a "city" in an MMO and its supposed ot house the entire races population and yet consists of 5 houses.

• 595 posts
    July 14, 2016 9:20 AM PDT

Wow, those statues are so cool.  The light sources give everything such a mysterious yet whimsical quality.

• 613 posts
    July 14, 2016 9:27 AM PDT

Awsome Shot!  So how will lighting work in those spaces?  Torches and my personal glowing Crudaser armor? 

Fantastic image though!

Ox

• 109 posts
    July 15, 2016 7:35 AM PDT

Why aren't shots like this on the 4k download section under Media? I have a 5K screen. if i right click and save pic, I can't use it as wallpaper because it's too grainy. 

We have very fast internet in 2016, it can't take that long to upload 1 picture in 4K. :D

and this is an Awesome picture!!! Spooky!

• 9115 posts
    July 15, 2016 9:09 AM PDT

Naim said:

Why aren't shots like this on the 4k download section under Media? I have a 5K screen. if i right click and save pic, I can't use it as wallpaper because it's too grainy. 

We have very fast internet in 2016, it can't take that long to upload 1 picture in 4K. :D

I take them personally in-game and have to upload them to a google drive to be reviewed before releasing them to the public, which then means I upload to Twitter, FB and the forums, not only is it slow for me uploading it from Australia (our internet sucks, even in 2016!) but a lot of people view them on their mobile phones so if I was to upload every single one in 4k it would take me a very long time to upload them to every platform and a large portion of our community wouldn't be able to load them on their phones etc.

For screenshots that are extra popular, I can hop back into game and take one at 4K then see if we can add it to the gallery but for the moment these are just my personal screenshot to share with you as CM content every Thursday :)

• 109 posts
    July 15, 2016 9:35 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Naim said:

I take them personally in-game and have to upload them to a google drive to be reviewed before releasing them to the public, which then means I upload to Twitter, FB and the forums, not only is it slow for me uploading it from Australia (our internet sucks, even in 2016!) but a lot of people view them on their mobile phones so if I was to upload every single one in 4k it would take me a very long time to upload them to every platform and a large portion of our community wouldn't be able to load them on their phones etc.

For screenshots that are extra popular, I can hop back into game and take one at 4K then see if we can add it to the gallery but for the moment these are just my personal screenshot to share with you as CM content every Thursday :)

You are awesome! Hope to see more 4k stuff! Your screen shots are great, you have a good eye for the "scene"

• 9115 posts
    July 15, 2016 6:46 PM PDT

Naim said:

Kilsin said:

Naim said:

You are awesome! Hope to see more 4k stuff! Your screen shots are great, you have a good eye for the "scene"

Thanks, Naim, I appreciate it and will try and remember to take a 4K and a normal screenshot for each one so I can provide a higher resolution copy for the for 4K and 5K folks, not sure I can officially add it to the website collection but I will figure a way to get a few to you guys :)

• 595 posts
    July 16, 2016 10:24 AM PDT

I love this ss - such a massive contrast to what we've seen from Avendyr’s Pass over the past several months.  I am very much looking forward to seeing more from Wild's End and other zones as production draws nearer to Alpha.  I feel like we're on the cusp of some pretty awesome stuff in the coming months ;)

NEED. MOAR. BEEEEEEANSSSSS.