Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

AA (Alternate Advancement) Points?

This topic has been closed.
    • 19 posts
    July 12, 2016 11:20 AM PDT

Much like EQ and EQOA AA points were spent to advance your character and specialize his use within a group. For example in EQOA a magician could at an early stage start specializing in pyromancy/geomancy,hydromancy/or aeromancy allowing them to have the an upgraded pet of that class to give there character more identety. Another example would be a warrior adding AA points to incease his Dex/Vitality/Str to make them more powerful(tanklike) than others his equal level. A shaman could use AA points to make his buffs perminate instead of having to recast each 30 mins. I really enjoyed this feature being added to EQ and EQOA to give characters the opportunity to become greater and more reconizable. One thing i like about PRoTF is it sounds like they are making it a community based game, giving the players recognization. Virtually you could have 40 of the same class next to eachother, yet each one differse. There was nothing like logging in and having 10 people sending you /tell's to join there grind bc your skill/character far surpased others because you were willing to put in the time.

Is this something you'd like to see in PRoTF?

• 409 posts
    July 12, 2016 2:57 PM PDT

I think they are doing AA's. They're a blessing and a curse... especially for newbies. They don't get picked for groups/raids etc.

And all that happens is that the people who put in the more time, seperate from the rest.. a lack of assistance and arrogance ensues.. thinking their "good" players when really.. No. They just had more time. It's was really frustrating trying to catch up.. what they should have done is have an increase exp amount per aa point... as in a exp curve..

that way the newbies can catch up to older, but they can still progress too.

This post was edited by Nimryl at July 12, 2016 3:57 PM PDT
    • 363 posts
    July 12, 2016 3:10 PM PDT

Nimryl said:

I think they are doing AA's. They're a blessing and a curse... especially for newbies. They don't get picked for groups/raids etc.

And all that happens is that the people who put in the more time, seperate from the rest.. a lack of assistance and arrogance ensues.. thinking their "good" players when really.. No. They just had more time. It's was really frustrating trying to catch up.. what they should have done is have an increase exp amount per aa point... as in a exp curve..

that way the newbies can catch up to older, but they can still progress too.

I get what you're saying, Nimryl, but I think those of us who have played Pantheon for XX months/years SHOULD have a big jump in power levels over someone just starting. If we make it too slow to advance AAs, people will become frustrated. If we make it too quick, the same. Not sure how to keep old players and new players happy in this. /shrug

• 409 posts
    July 12, 2016 3:15 PM PDT

Well you still will.. even with a curve. You can reroll too remember.. Progeny system.

This post was edited by Nimryl at July 12, 2016 3:16 PM PDT
    • 363 posts
    July 12, 2016 3:20 PM PDT

Nimryl said:

Well you still will.. even with a curve. You can reroll too remember.. Progeny system.

Forgot about that. Thanks!  

• 2419 posts
    July 12, 2016 6:00 PM PDT

Took less than 10 seconds to find at least 1 other thread on the AA topic.  Page 6 thread titled "The AA System - What Would You Like To See?"

• 9115 posts
    July 12, 2016 7:15 PM PDT

This has been answered by the team, we will have AA's at some point and as Vandraad not so subtly pointed out, this topic already exists and has a decent discussion going on, please feel free to use the link provided to join in on that discussion and refrain from making new topics, this thread will now be closed.

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/3289/the-aa-system-what-would-you-like-to-see