Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Will All Races be Able to Join Same Guild?

• 86 posts
    July 3, 2016 6:47 PM PDT

There has been a lot of talk about factions and so far I havent found a clear cut answer.

Will ones racial choice possibly prevent them from joining a certain guild? Or group with certain friends. I hated this separation in games like WoW. I know alot of people like it and think it only makes sense to have separate player factions, But if I cared about that I would play on a RP server and just make a guild rule about "Good" or "Evil" races only.

In EQ and EQ2, you can group/guild with anyone. BUt as a good player I just cant go into the guildmates evil home city.

This post was edited by Koreno at July 3, 2016 6:50 PM PDT
    • 610 posts
    July 3, 2016 7:03 PM PDT

Simple answer is yes

There will be NPC factions and guild members may be KOS in different cities as it was in EQ but seperating the community along faction lines is a dumb dumb idea (Rift and others)

Being that this is targeting a small niche audience it would be a game killer

This post was edited by Sevens at July 3, 2016 7:04 PM PDT
    • 234 posts
    July 3, 2016 7:44 PM PDT

I don't think there will be factions that seperate players.  Yes there will be factions between NPCs and Players which would make it difficult to go into some area's with your friends if your not on the same alignments. 

At least EQ didn't restrict players from grouping at all.  

But, right now, no one really knows for sure. 

-Az

• 1468 posts
    July 4, 2016 1:43 AM PDT

The factions will most likely be like EverQuest and Vanguard in that you can group with or be in the same guild as anyone you want but players will just be Kill on Sight in different areas making it hard for some players to enter certain areas in the game world. So for instance and Necro might be Kill on Sight in good human cities but a Crusader might be Kill on Sight in the Necros home town.

• 9115 posts
    July 4, 2016 3:03 AM PDT

There will not be any race restrictions for joining guilds. :)

There will be Kill on Sight and faction hits, possibly depending on what race you are when you create a character or losing faction due to your actions in the world of Terminus but that will not stop you grouping, raiding or guilding with other players.

• VR Staff
    • 587 posts
    July 4, 2016 4:22 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

There will be Kill on Sight and faction hits, possibly depending on what race you are when you create a character or losing faction due to your actions in the world of Terminus but that will not stop you grouping, raiding or guilding with other players.

Correct, unless it was an alternate ruleset server like an RP shard or something.

• 9115 posts
    July 4, 2016 4:34 AM PDT

Aradune said:

Kilsin said:

Correct, unless it was an alternate ruleset server like an RP shard or something.

Exactly, we can do some interesting things with those servers ;)