Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

DKP System question.

This topic has been closed.
    • 3 posts
    July 3, 2016 8:41 AM PDT
    Just curious since in EQ 7yrs of my life revolved around DKP to get raid dropped gear. I actually loved the system and thought it was really fair.

Sooo my question is how difficult would it be to have a system like that integrated into the game at some point for guilds? Thanks!
    • 844 posts
    July 3, 2016 9:45 AM PDT

I cannot speak for Pantheon, but I would expect there is a "need to have" and "nice to have list", and adding a DKP system is not on either.

The way guilds handled loot was varied and unqiue to each more or less.

Much easier (and smarter) to let guilds define and implement their own systems than to try and create some hard coded DKP system into a sandboxy game.

• 432 posts
    July 3, 2016 10:11 AM PDT

Good morning Twwink,

You know the biggest thing in my mind about the features of this game is 'where is the money going to come from?'. Is something like a built in DKP system as valuable? I think so, but I 'personally' feel it is not as valuable.

Not everyone uses DKP the same.There are other systems or small nuances which can significantly change a DKP system. I've personally been in several guilds over the last 12 years and the DKP system was different almost every time. Because of there being many systems like DKP it would be a lot more time and energy to make sure Visionary Realms. Just thinking about how much research to find out all the different options they would need and then to code it-this isn't a simple task. I personally would leave the system up for the guilds to manage.

But when I think of it from the other side ...

Perhaps there is an easy way to incorporate a 'counter' for the game so the guild leader can add 'points' to a specific member of the guild. I think this system could be used for a lot of things and not just for DKP. The system could include a 'name' for the counter you are adding points to. This system could be implemented without anything fancy either, in fact ... a comment box for the guild member would be sufficient. 

Twwink, thanks for posting this by the way, I think this adds some wind to the sails of chat discussion. When we think of guilds we think of progress (atleast I do). And the way in which we 'gear up' with a guild should be fun fair.

Welcome to the forums, glad to have you here,  :)

-Todd

• 2138 posts
    July 3, 2016 1:36 PM PDT

attendance- to start- a simple  attendance record even if it is just a screenshot of all in attendance (click- scroll down( not all the way, leave the name that will be doubled on the next shot so see where you stopped)- click- scroll down *ahrug*s.

But I agree, DKP is unique to each guild, ther is no standard DKP as I have seen it

• 1778 posts
    July 3, 2016 1:38 PM PDT

Id prefer no DKP system. I dont think its wise to sort of force it. Some people might want to use a different system. Its not about whether its a fair system. Like most things its about preference. So while its not a terrible idea. I think there is better things to spend the money in and not shoehorn every guild into using a DKP system. Some might prefer a Need or Greed. I myself am a fan of the Wish List system.

• 86 posts
    July 3, 2016 4:58 PM PDT

I think a built in DKP "LIST" would be all that is needed. Every guild that uses DKP has a different system where member earn and spend points differently. Some guilds give bonus points for some things and other guilds dont. Some guilds have a fixed value for each item in the game while other guilds have a bid system. Whatever system is build into the game needs to accomedate all these differences.

So here is my suggestion...

Just have an extra column in the member list of the guild information window for DKP. Have the ability to change this data as part of the guild ranks permissions so lets say only the raid leader rank can change it. 

Beyond that, nothing is really needed. Allow each guilds to create their own DKP system but just list each members points ingame for fast and easy lookup.

• 86 posts
    July 3, 2016 5:01 PM PDT

Amsai said:

Id prefer no DKP system. I dont think its wise to sort of force it. Some people might want to use a different system. Its not about whether its a fair system. Like most things its about preference. So while its not a terrible idea. I think there is better things to spend the money in and not shoehorn every guild into using a DKP system. Some might prefer a Need or Greed. I myself am a fan of the Wish List system.

Noone is saying that if a DKP system is build in that it MUST be used. Guilds can still have the freedom to just /random if they wish. In EQ2, we have a DKP column in the guilds window. But in OTG we just /random 100 if we want a drop. The system exists, but we dont use it. Thats out choice. I am sure that same freedom would be preserved no matter what system is put into the game.

This post was edited by Koreno at July 3, 2016 5:01 PM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    July 3, 2016 6:08 PM PDT

This topic has already been discussed a number of times, you can find already existing threads by using the search function and typing in "DKP", I will link those threads below and close this one as it is a breach of the guidelines to create multiple threads on the same topic.

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/2811/in-game-dkp-system

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/2600/suggestion-in-built-dkp-system