Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Camera view around corners

• 27 posts
    July 1, 2016 11:46 AM PDT

So this might not even be possible but, I was watching the latest stream and about 48 min in approx. (on the youtube video anyway) he almost runs into the room and his camera pans out so he is able to see around the corner. If you are able to stop this from happening this would require either the use of stealth or invis more tactically and could maybe give wizards a clairvoyance spell that allows them to see a few feet ahead for when you fear something might be able to sense invis/stealth.

This post was edited by pendragen at July 1, 2016 11:46 AM PDT
    • 432 posts
    July 1, 2016 12:04 PM PDT
    Interesting thought.
    You could have a spell which lets you see a field of view as though you were standing at x location. Or if course a stealthy rogues ability to peel around corners.
    Interesting gameplay for a puller or scouted.

Sent via mobile

-Todd
    • 1778 posts
    July 1, 2016 1:17 PM PDT
    See through a pets eyes?
    • 89 posts
    July 1, 2016 1:22 PM PDT
    • 769 posts
    July 1, 2016 1:42 PM PDT

The problem with the Eye of Zomm was that - and correct me if I'm wrong - it was aggroable. Mobs beat the crap out of it, and when it died, they beat the crap out of you.

Maybe something like the Eye of Zomm, with a much smaller duration, that didn't generate aggro. Just enough duration to peer around a corner - and with a very short cast time.

• 644 posts
    July 1, 2016 2:36 PM PDT

I agree - there were two "exploits" one could use to see things the character could not possibly see:

1) a gemoetry conflict where you could look through walls and

2) zoomed out mode with panning to see you character from somewhere else

I'd like these rmeoved (if program-possible) to make the game more immersive, challenging and "realistic"

• 1778 posts
    July 1, 2016 3:18 PM PDT
    I was thinking like an unaggroable small bird or bat that acted like the fly-by-wire bazooka from N64 Goldeneye. But maybe not explode on impact lol.
    • 27 posts
    July 1, 2016 3:35 PM PDT

I was thinking something more along the lines of this....

https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Spells:Clairvoyance#h-Clairvoyance  

so if the thing does see invis it can kill the orb but not go after you..

This post was edited by pendragen at July 1, 2016 3:41 PM PDT
    • 839 posts
    July 1, 2016 4:58 PM PDT

Aye! eye of zomm would get proximity agro, i used to make some long distance pulls with him lol, never had to run back to group!

In my opinion the skill to see around corners unnoticed would be invis i think, they eye of zomm type skill is ok but it should be agroable... other than that you better tread carefully! 

• 15 posts
    July 1, 2016 9:30 PM PDT

Ya i had elder beads on my monk and necro eye was nice for pulling and life taping. But ya would love a scouting spell.

• 234 posts
    July 3, 2016 7:55 PM PDT

EQ had a spell called bind sight, which would let you see out of the eyes of any player or NPC.  You could then target another player/NPC somewhere whithin sight and bind sight again, effectivly moving your camera through a dungeon so long as you can find another thing to bind sight too. 

Heh IIRC you could even bind sight to an eye of zomm. 

Fun spell.

This post was edited by azaya at July 3, 2016 7:57 PM PDT