Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Events - Seasonal / Lore / Random

• 62 posts
    June 28, 2016 9:03 AM PDT

Hey guys! I am curioues to see how you all feel about events in the game world. I have enjoyed a majority of the events in other mmos I've played although I think they could have been better. Did EQ1 or Vanguard have events?

Some examples are RIFT, I can't remember what the name was exactly but it was very early on after release. You had to do things with shadows or souls and you got an item that gave you a shadowy smoke effect. After some time, the event disappeared and finished. I liked the idea of being a part of that timeline and having an item to look back at and say "Hey I remember when I got this during that event".

Another might be the WoW seasonal events although Pantheon could create its own lore based seasonal events. My uncle ended up getting a really cool fiery mount for playing during a certain time (in which I didn't) and everytime I see that mount, I get that feeling "I wish I was there" which isn't a bad thing honestly. It made me want to be a part of the next event.

Random World Lore based events would be cool. They don't have to happen often (inorder to keep it fresh and rare) but I would love something like this in Pantheon. Maybe down the line, some rewards could include cosmetic / aesthetic items, pets, housing items etc.

• 613 posts
    June 28, 2016 9:17 AM PDT

I always thought these were fun.  If they can base on game lore that would be even better. 

Questing and in general just have a good time with everyone.

OX

• 62 posts
    June 28, 2016 3:16 PM PDT

Oxillion said:

I always thought these were fun.  If they can base on game lore that would be even better. 

Yes Lore based would be really cool

• 1434 posts
    June 28, 2016 6:46 PM PDT

Some previous discussion on the topic:

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/2270/holiday-events/view/

This post was edited by Dullahan at June 28, 2016 6:49 PM PDT