Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What was your favourite part of our latest stream?

• 23 posts
    June 27, 2016 6:32 PM PDT

Vandraad said:

The other memorable thing was the 'road' upon which you guys traveled to get from the village to the first outpost.  Nobody in their right mind would ever make a road over terrain like that. Horses would slide off the side anytime you had the surface angled like it is and carts would tip over.  It would be impossible to move anything across those roads. Then there is the cobble stone texture that has all the stones lined up in the same direction regardless of how the road turns.  Again, nobody would lay a road surface like that.

That isn't an issue really, just that inner observation which is one time noticed, then forever ignored because while running from A to B you aren't looking at how the cobble stones are lined up in the road.

That kind of bugged me as well. It's not a total RP break, but it's pretty close. Roads should be primarliy designed for horses and carts, not humans.

• 85 posts
    June 27, 2016 10:07 PM PDT

I have to say that the PvP talk made me pretty happy. 
    I pretty much loved it all though.  

• 2138 posts
    June 28, 2016 6:26 PM PDT

I felt the GM interaction- explaining what tenents were being demonstrated and qualities of the game while playing it was impressive. The whole dyanmic of playing, chatting, describing and reacting to the crowd either verbally in the twitch or via text in the chat while playing the game was thouroughly enjoyable.

It made me like you guys!

• VR Staff
    • 587 posts
    June 28, 2016 9:47 PM PDT

Aena said:

Also liked that the world is really looking good. Remember that castle that was waaaaay off in the distance? Was that in the same zone? Could you actually walk that far? That would be impressive. The undead models looked pretty good to me too. i.e. good enough to NOT be placeholders. Too bad the skeletons don't laugh though.

That's the human starting city called Thronefast.  We could have indeed walked there -- what you saw was really in the zone, not a backdrop.  Once you come to the entrance though and make your way a bit into Thronefast you will zone into it like we zoned into the dungeon.

• 839 posts
    June 28, 2016 10:36 PM PDT

revolw said:

Vandraad said:

The other memorable thing was the 'road' upon which you guys traveled to get from the village to the first outpost.  Nobody in their right mind would ever make a road over terrain like that. Horses would slide off the side anytime you had the surface angled like it is and carts would tip over.  It would be impossible to move anything across those roads. Then there is the cobble stone texture that has all the stones lined up in the same direction regardless of how the road turns.  Again, nobody would lay a road surface like that.

That isn't an issue really, just that inner observation which is one time noticed, then forever ignored because while running from A to B you aren't looking at how the cobble stones are lined up in the road.

That kind of bugged me as well. It's not a total RP break, but it's pretty close. Roads should be primarliy designed for horses and carts, not humans.

I guess with all the craziness of planets breaking up and reforming the shifting tectonic plates would be causing all sorts of disruption to the surface and what was flat is now all messed up!  Just a thought!

• 43 posts
    June 29, 2016 4:41 PM PDT

The best part of the stream for me is that I get to submit my first bug report.

When killing Black Dagger mobs your Black Dagger faction should not be increasing.

• 9115 posts
    June 29, 2016 5:25 PM PDT

Velrak said:

The best part of the stream for me is that I get to submit my first bug report.

When killing Black Dagger mobs your Black Dagger faction should not be increasing.

It has already been fixed in the latest build along with factions applying to other factions that should not be included but nice find ;)

• 21 posts
    June 29, 2016 7:57 PM PDT

ok.... new person here....

**puts on heat suit**

The last time I looked at Pantheon all I thought was ... "This is going to be crap WTF are they doing... UGH, another game that's going to get our hopes up and then we'll find out it's cobbled together and nothing works like they said IF it works at all."

but......

I watched this stream and got exited.... ( I am such an F*ing Lemming ) ... sold back my Crowfall Kickstarter and ...... put money here...... I reeeeeallly want to play a Enchanter again

Please don't hurt me again like Vanguard ... **flashes big sad puppy eyes**

• 89 posts
    June 30, 2016 7:02 PM PDT

The eye-candy.   It really brought me into the world.  Call me shallow, but I sub'd because of it! 

• 432 posts
    June 30, 2016 7:25 PM PDT

Please don't hurt me again like Vanguard ... **flashes big sad puppy eyes**

Hey BatchElder69, for the sake of the conversation can you tell me what happened in VG that hurt you so bad? I'd like to know, and if anything your concerns have a chance to be translated back to the dev's as food for thought. The game is being made with a lot of love and care, these forums are a great place to talk about how you feel and what your expectations are. 

-Todd

• 134 posts
    June 30, 2016 7:33 PM PDT

My favorite part was definitely how dark it is at night and how it looks and feels like the original EQ.

• 21 posts
    July 3, 2016 6:16 PM PDT

I had not a 'super' system, but my system ran it

I could deal with the 'zoning' times , I loved crafting and deconstructing items, I loved the questing , I loved the mini-bosses , I loved the random 'super' boss wandering through a zone and I loved the Dungeons that seemed to go on forever and the feeling of acomplishment getting past a 'hard' spot in a dundeon

What killed it was lack of population from the borked loading times, borked quests, the boats becoming irrelavent do to portals, what felt like cobbled together fishing, My Psi getting gutted for # of mez's that you could do even if it was only one or two, The trial island (yes yes it was added later) was fine but it trivialized the mainlands begining areas that I worked hard at to uncover 'hidden things' - if your going to add a 'new' start area for all to intermingle then for the love of all that's gaming... jack up the original start areas and quest rewards to match a level # coming in from there where they can progress forward...... and if I am a crafter and kill a 'wood-ore-plant' based creature.... allow me to harvest it from day one - not as a add-in later

Thanks,

Nikkoli Walksfar

Psionisist-Crafter-Sniffer of Deconstructed Dusts

This post was edited by BatchElder69 at July 3, 2016 6:18 PM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    July 4, 2016 2:59 AM PDT

BatchElder69 said:

I had not a 'super' system, but my system ran it

I could deal with the 'zoning' times , I loved crafting and deconstructing items, I loved the questing , I loved the mini-bosses , I loved the random 'super' boss wandering through a zone and I loved the Dungeons that seemed to go on forever and the feeling of acomplishment getting past a 'hard' spot in a dundeon

What killed it was lack of population from the borked loading times, borked quests, the boats becoming irrelavent do to portals, what felt like cobbled together fishing, My Psi getting gutted for # of mez's that you could do even if it was only one or two, The trial island (yes yes it was added later) was fine but it trivialized the mainlands begining areas that I worked hard at to uncover 'hidden things' - if your going to add a 'new' start area for all to intermingle then for the love of all that's gaming... jack up the original start areas and quest rewards to match a level # coming in from there where they can progress forward...... and if I am a crafter and kill a 'wood-ore-plant' based creature.... allow me to harvest it from day one - not as a add-in later

Thanks,

Nikkoli Walksfar

Psionisist-Crafter-Sniffer of Deconstructed Dusts

The Psi nerfs made me cry, I played a Psi as a raiding main for 3 years before my Rogue and it really hurt the class. I laughed at the "Sniffer of Deconstructed Dusts" haha, some of those ancients! :D