Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

• 76 posts
    July 27, 2016 9:02 AM PDT

Fulton said:

My only issue with EQ blind was complete screen blackout. 

Just because Im blind does not mean one would not still be able to communicate (via chat boxes), or know if they are being hit, about to die etc. Some parts of the UI should have remained visible.

Not to mention as someone else said, that first time it happened, you thought your PC died. :)

Well...technically you could still communicate and use hotkeys, spells, etc...you just couldn't see what you were doing, hence blinded

• 793 posts
    July 27, 2016 9:17 AM PDT

P1999EQLandmark said:

Fulton said:

Just because Im blind does not mean one would not still be able to communicate (via chat boxes), or know if they are being hit, about to die etc. Some parts of the UI should have remained visible.

Not to mention as someone else said, that first time it happened, you thought your PC died. :)

Well...technically you could still communicate and use hotkeys, spells, etc...you just couldn't see what you were doing, hence blinded

You could type stuff, hoping what your typing is right. My point was that if I got pepper sprayed or something, I could listen to someone's instructions telling me to lookout to my right or left, or duck down, or run to my right, etc. In game, without any chat boxes, you are not only blind you are deaf, and in a game where your other senses are not present, you only have sight and sound to rely on. 

• 76 posts
    July 27, 2016 11:20 AM PDT

Fulton said:

P1999EQLandmark said:

Fulton said:

You could type stuff, hoping what your typing is right. My point was that if I got pepper sprayed or something, I could listen to someone's instructions telling me to lookout to my right or left, or duck down, or run to my right, etc. In game, without any chat boxes, you are not only blind you are deaf, and in a game where your other senses are not present, you only have sight and sound to rely on. 

I see your point now...I still feel like that makes it much less effective as a detrimental effect. Gosh yes it sucks, but that's what makes it so brutal and awesome :)