Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Question about the first twitch stream

• 132 posts
    June 19, 2016 12:03 PM PDT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INd9SfIbWN4#t=634.403121

SO I am watching the stream again for the 5th time on youtube. And I am posting questions and thoughts as I go thru the video. 

Noticed: when Mont was running To the group at the very beginning, he passes a skellie wizard, and he turns his camera towards it, did anyone notice the "cave" behind that skellie?  !!!! 

Question 1: I noticed the Wizard is just wearing basic cloth looking clothes. I really loved starting with a plain jane cloth ROBE on EQ. You guys are lev 7 ish in the video and he is wearing a "Woven" robe, but it sure doesn't look like a robe.

Does that mean full length robes are going to be rare? The clothing itself look really generic. is it because you Wanted it that way for the twitch to keep things secret? or have you just not gotten to the stage where armor looks are important? or do you plan on everyone looking like peasants with no class distinction for the first X number of levels. Or is armor just not going to be "fantasy armor" like EQ 1 had?

Question 2: Someong pulled an Orc Brigand and while fighting it someone said "I think this is a named" looking at the names of all the orcs, I wouldn't have guessed Any of them to be a "Named" mob.

Will Named get clearer at a later stage in the game? Even Orc 1 on EQ had "High Chief Kellerus" and "Lord Shin Rae" that were without a doubt "Named" 

Thoughts on the UI: I actually like the Very simple easy to follow UI. I don't want a game where the UI is more important that what I am killing and doing. Please Keep it SIMPLE. I am sure you guys aren't "done" with it, but I actually Like it as it is now. clean and simple. 

Thoughts: When you guys decided to go up the left side of the Orc camp, Aradune went to pull and like got like 30 Orcs at one time. Although it was hilarious, do you plan to fix stuff like that where yes, you can pull several if not careful, but the Entire camp? Maybe tweak the distance on social so that a bad pull means 5 or 6 or 8 etc, not 30? 

Noticed: when Mont was going thru skills, I did notice the wizards can use Swords. 

Question 3: about Spells:  When you asked Mont to show his spell book, He had a total of 4 level One spells and Fire (smolder) was 10-13 dmg and Glint (looked like lightning dmg maybe) was 6-8 dmg. is there a reason why they are so far apart in dmg? Will Glint use less mana and cast faster since it doesn't do as much Damage as Smolder?   Then I noticed that he had two level 4 spells, and One level 6 spell and no lev 7 spells.  I big thing I noticed was that smolder and glint were the ONLY 2 DPS spells until lev 6. the lev 4 spells were gate and a buff.  Will Smolder and Glint "level" with the character and do more Damage at lev 2, 3, 4, 5 etc until you finally get one more new DPS spell???

Do you plan on adding More spells? On EQ1 there were like 7-9 spells for level 1 like True north, locate corpse etc. Or do you like giving out less spells that are more meaningful instead? Just curious of Brads thoughts on this part of the game. Less is more, vs loads of spells like EQ had. 

Well after putting all that up there, it appears the page numbers on the spell book aren't working, and later he opens his spell book and shows even more damage spells that he didn't show the first time. 

Prism burst and ember shock etc... but, that said, it seems like 2-5 spells per level? is that about where you plan to keep it ? 

But to addon to the spell question. Under each spell is 3 boxes to do something. will those ADD abilites to that spell or just make it stronger, or both?  

I ask because I hated EQ 2 because Each spell had 16 things that it did, in addition to having noob I, Noob, II, Noob III, and then Adept I, Adept II, Adept III, Master I, Master II, Master III, the spells were a complete mess on EQ2. 

Spells are what made me hate and quit EQ2. I like that the spells shown, like Glint, were simple "you blow up the mob" done.  

I didn't come up with too many questions after watching all if it. You guys did a wonderful job sharing a LOT considering it is so early in developement. 

I do have one major request for the next stream. Mort had to be asked to show the spell book, and the merchants, and the skills, and the codex, and everything. Any chance before the next stream that you guys could get together and get a Plan together Before you start the live stream. Maybe an agenda list instead of "shooting from the hip"?  By then end of it, he DID show everything pretty well. Maybe whoever runs the camera next time, think about it a little. 

We (the public) have never played this game. Think of it sorta like a movie.  Don't just flick the mouse view all over the place. stop and give us a good views.  I remember at one point Aradune came up face to face with Mort and cast or spell or whatever he did, but we couldn't see it because the view was of Aradunes head and above, and then he randomly spun the camera up to the tree tops for no appearent reason. We don't care about the trees. lol. 

At one point he brought up the Skills menu (in town after dying) and just left it open as he ran around, blocking the view of things. 

I am not meaning this the way it may read. I am horrible at writting and just wanted to ask or point out that a little thinking and paying attention and pre planning can go a long way when you have hungry people wanting to see every little detail they can in these videos. 

I even went so far as to pause the video Many times reading the text boxes and reading each spell, what it did, how much damage it did, the names. etc. 

Oh one last thing. I saw you guys fight a couple of skellies during the stream and noticed the only sounds they made were grunts or growls; can we make the skellies laugh diabolically as they kill you like they did in EQ1 ??  : D 

Anyways, I just want to say thank you again for that Pre Pre Alpha video. It made me WANT to give you guys my money. If I were a rich, you wouldn't need any more funding.

I can't believe that some random gaming company hasn't already just handed you guys a pile of cash and said "we want in on this" !

This post was edited by Medjai at June 19, 2016 8:04 PM PDT
    • 137 posts
    June 19, 2016 3:33 PM PDT

Man this is in depth! I like your enthusiasm. I guess I'll have to watch the 1st twitch stream again..for the 20th time or so

• 1468 posts
    June 19, 2016 4:17 PM PDT

You've raised some interesting points and questions. But could I ask you to do me a favour in the future please? Please don't post stuff using such a small text size I can hardly read it :). I have to zoom in using my browser. The default font and text size is pretty good as a default for reading just use that.

I'll be interested to see what new questions the Twitch stream on Thursday will bring up.

This post was edited by Cromulent at June 19, 2016 4:17 PM PDT
    • 132 posts
    June 19, 2016 8:01 PM PDT

Cromulent said:

You've raised some interesting points and questions. But could I ask you to do me a favour in the future please? Please don't post stuff using such a small text size I can hardly read it :). I have to zoom in using my browser. The default font and text size is pretty good as a default for reading just use that.

I'll be interested to see what new questions the Twitch stream on Thursday will bring up.

Sorry Crom. I had no idea that it was end up That small. Somehow on some of my other posts it was a Really Big font. No idea why. 

But will make sure its bigger in the future. 

This post was edited by Medjai at June 19, 2016 8:02 PM PDT
    • 1468 posts
    June 19, 2016 8:11 PM PDT

Medjai said:

Cromulent said:

Sorry Crom. I had no idea that it was end up That small. Somehow on some of my other posts it was a Really Big font. No idea why. 

But will make sure its bigger in the future. 

I think my sight is getting progressively worse as I used to be able to read really small text but I struggle these days.

• 34 posts
    June 19, 2016 8:17 PM PDT
    What is really bugging me from the twitch stream is Brads character was casting spells, also in screenshots I've seen of his inventory window, it says Aradune War Wizard.

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/images/pantheon-in-game-screen-20.jpg />
    https://www.pantheonmmo.com/images/pantheon-in-game-screen-21.jpg />

Can anyone explain this as well?

I was under the assumption he was a warrior.
    • 132 posts
    June 19, 2016 8:24 PM PDT

Moarcrits said: What is really bugging me from the twitch stream is Brads character was casting spells, also in screenshots I've seen of his inventory window, it says Aradune War Wizard. https://www.pantheonmmo.com/images/pantheon-in-game-screen-20.jpg https://www.pantheonmmo.com/images/pantheon-in-game-screen-21.jpg Can anyone explain this as well? I was under the assumption he was a warrior.

No idea. Good catch. I noticed that a long time ago and forgot to ever ask about it. I think Brad is cheating ;p 

Kind of like those 800+ damage back stabs in the twitch stream. had it not been for those, they would have died 5 times as much LOL 

• 34 posts
    June 19, 2016 9:04 PM PDT
    Well that's just because Kilsin is a certified bad ass ;)
    • 279 posts
    June 20, 2016 4:05 AM PDT

Moarcrits said: What is really bugging me from the twitch stream is Brads character was casting spells, also in screenshots I've seen of his inventory window, it says Aradune War Wizard. https://www.pantheonmmo.com/images/pantheon-in-game-screen-20.jpg https://www.pantheonmmo.com/images/pantheon-in-game-screen-21.jpg Can anyone explain this as well? I was under the assumption he was a warrior.

http://www.pantheonmmo.com/lore/the_age_of_chaos/

These Six Suns of Terminus were warriors of godlike power in physical might and arcane discipline, one from each pantheon of the Sacred. More commonly called WarWizards, they are most easily described as High Mortal beings of nearly pure supernatural ability.

He's a dev and can be a WarWizard if he wants to :P

This post was edited by Pantz at June 20, 2016 4:06 AM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    June 20, 2016 5:32 AM PDT

Moarcrits said: Well that's just because Kilsin is a certified bad ass ;)

Haha, you know it my friend! ;)

• 9115 posts
    June 20, 2016 5:33 AM PDT

Pantz said:

http://www.pantheonmmo.com/lore/the_age_of_chaos/

These Six Suns of Terminus were warriors of godlike power in physical might and arcane discipline, one from each pantheon of the Sacred. More commonly called WarWizards, they are most easily described as High Mortal beings of nearly pure supernatural ability.

He's a dev and can be a WarWizard if he wants to :P

Thanks Pantz, saved me posting it ;)

• 34 posts
    June 20, 2016 7:05 AM PDT
    @Kilsin So is that confirming warriors cast spells then? Or was that just dev trickery?
    • 9115 posts
    June 20, 2016 7:46 AM PDT

Moarcrits said: @Kilsin So is that confirming warriors cast spells then? Or was that just dev trickery?

Brad has a "Dev Only" War Wizard character, normal Warriors cannot cast spells :)

• 1860 posts
    June 20, 2016 8:28 AM PDT

Quote from Brad about War Wizards:

"In some epic-level quests, the player's character will temporarily (so as not to cause a balance problem) be able to assume the abilities of a WarWizard and access spells and abilities usually not accessible by that character's class."

• 9115 posts
    June 20, 2016 4:09 PM PDT

philo said:

Quote from Brad about War Wizards:

"In some epic-level quests, the player's character will temporarily (so as not to cause a balance problem) be able to assume the abilities of a WarWizard and access spells and abilities usually not accessible by that character's class."

Yes, thank you Philo and what I meant is that they are not playable characters, only for Brad ;)

• 1860 posts
    June 20, 2016 4:20 PM PDT

I an looking forward to playing a war wizard for a few minutes.  That sounds like a fun mechanic and a nice change from your normal class role.