Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Town Hubs - A great place to sell your wares!

• 9115 posts
    June 2, 2016 4:10 AM PDT

If you could set up a stall or shop in a town what would you sell and why?

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at June 2, 2016 4:10 AM PDT
    • 91 posts
    June 2, 2016 4:26 AM PDT

I think, this really depends on what Town, in which Locations... You sell other stuff in newbie-areas, then in deserts, highlevel-areas... Maybe in deserts, water is rare, so you sell stuff like that. In woods you maybe would sell crafting tools...

• 121 posts
    June 2, 2016 4:40 AM PDT

Nothing!  I'm going to bury all my uber swords of rust in the woods or maybe they'll let me give them to low level mobs like in EQ so some new guy can kill a rat and get a diamond studded breastplate.  Down with corporate Terminus!   Heheh jk

• 76 posts
    June 2, 2016 5:03 AM PDT

Bandages...

hail for free SOW.

• 793 posts
    June 2, 2016 5:07 AM PDT

If I was one into crafting, which in most games I only dabble in because none have been entertaining or relavent enough for me to dedicate what time I get to play into crafting, I would set to sell my crafted items and/or services to wary travellers looking for something new and interesting.

Otherwise I am one more interested in a consignment option to sell my looted items.

This post was edited by Fulton at June 2, 2016 5:09 AM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    June 2, 2016 5:35 AM PDT

Nice! A good variety so far and I will be searching for those swords Streeg lol ;)

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at June 2, 2016 5:36 AM PDT
    • 769 posts
    June 2, 2016 5:37 AM PDT

Buff Stations! How great would that be? I mean, basically we'd be trading "SoW At Tunnel Ent" for "SoW at Baker Street Stall!"

• 1860 posts
    June 2, 2016 6:08 AM PDT

Anything that I feel is too good to sell to a vendor or turn in to an NPC for extended buffs :)  Hopefully that isn't much because that ~turn in items for buffs~mechanic sounds very useful.

I'm hoping this doesn't mean I will be leaving my computer on over night to sell in a stall while I sleep...again.

This post was edited by philo at June 2, 2016 6:10 AM PDT
    • 48 posts
    June 2, 2016 6:09 AM PDT

I have always enjoyed this as it helps create people who come to you for items, and beats broker costs. The issue is crafting needs to be complex enough not everyone can just jump in and do it. Like Vanguard where it took planning and skill so a lot of people just didnt want to do it. Even old school EQ2 where it was the mini game of skills where multiple items had to be made and assembled. It really just created people who could play just off of crafting due to skill and time needed.

• 8 posts
    June 2, 2016 6:14 AM PDT

I would sale shinys

• 671 posts
    June 2, 2016 6:39 AM PDT

Kilsin, there is really not enough context to answer your question. Does Pantheon have deep crafting tree, along with a full harvesting tree..? Knowing this, will determine how, or what shop/vendor I would set up. Or even what crafter I would make, etc..

Many of us played SWG, or UO, etc. and have already done this. We are just waiting on the freedom to do so once again, in a game with sandbox mechanics. It's great you are enticing us, but it all comes down to what mechanics back these "imaginations" up. Will PRF have a game mechanic, that allows players to street vend (rent a npc to sell warez), or rent ground space from the kingdom faction, so Players can set up tents along the roads leading in to the big cities..?

So it is often... not very worth our while to delve into imagining such things, then posting, when it is all superficial. 

• 9115 posts
    June 2, 2016 7:02 AM PDT

Hieromonk said:

Kilsin, there is really not enough context to answer your question. Does Pantheon have deep crafting tree, along with a full harvesting tree..? Knowing this, will determine how, or what shop/vendor I would set up. Or even what crafter I would make, etc..

Many of us played SWG, or UO, etc. and have already done this. We are just waiting on the freedom to do so once again, in a game with sandbox mechanics. It's great you are enticing us, but it all comes down to what mechanics back these "imaginations" up. Will PRF have a game mechanic, that allows players to street vend (rent a npc to sell warez), or rent ground space from the kingdom faction, so Players can set up tents along the roads leading in to the big cities..?

So it is often... not very worth our while to delve into imagining such things, then posting, when it is all superficial. 

Use your imagination man! It's a hypothetical question anyway since we have not released enough information, like most of my posts, it is an engaging question and in this case it is to hear what you would like to sell in a stall/shop if we had one, nothing more man ;) 

I have used them in UO, Aion etc. too but it is a chance for me to show off a new screenshot to you all and hear what people would like to sell.

• 124 posts
    June 2, 2016 7:04 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

If you could set up a stall or shop in a town what would you sell and why?

Everytime I've been interested in any new MMO, I've always dreamed of setting up a shop in a town area and it has always been a forge/smithy workshop with all the trimmings!...cause that's always interested me in RL.

This post was edited by Nuemcy at June 2, 2016 7:04 AM PDT
    • 781 posts
    June 2, 2016 7:06 AM PDT

Would have to be herbs and pelts maybe a few tools.  I would get pelts from traders for hunters going into the mountains  Herbs would be for personal vegatables, yards, etc.  Tools of course for building, repair, and crafting.  Seems like a good town for this kind of trade :)

• 1 posts
    June 2, 2016 7:10 AM PDT
    I will mostly likely be a crafter primarily and as such a lot will depend on what actually enters the game. I have always fancied a good farming mechanic. As such it would come down to what was the most lucrative at the time that I had the skill to make. Of course big ticket items would probably be custom orders not located in a stall but that would still leave a lot of answers.

In short it depends on what is put in game and what the economy looks like at the time.
    • 104 posts
    June 2, 2016 7:18 AM PDT

Coffee. Everyone needs coffee.

• 62 posts
    June 2, 2016 7:44 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Use your imagination man! It's a hypothetical question anyway since we have not released enough information, like most of my posts, it is an engaging question and in this case it is to hear what you would like to sell in a stall/shop if we had one, nothing more man ;) 

I have used them in UO, Aion etc. too but it is a chance for me to show off a new screenshot to you all and hear what people would like to sell.

Well, since you put it that way. I wanna sell all kinds of fun stuff!

Potions. The ones that make you keep coming back to me for more cuz I use only use the best ingredients.

And for rogues, I have these incredibly durable lockpicks made from dragonbone.

Also, poisons since no one else is gonna trek across the desert to find some stupidly rare scorpion for it's tail.

• 9115 posts
    June 2, 2016 8:04 AM PDT

Aena said:

Coffee. Everyone needs coffee.

You would need to employ guards to keep me away from your stall, I love my coffee lol :D

• 9115 posts
    June 2, 2016 8:05 AM PDT

Awesome replies so far and a few I didn't think of, I would certainly need to save my money for a shopping spree if these made it in game lol :)

• 793 posts
    June 2, 2016 8:10 AM PDT

This brings another idea to mind. If you have people renting space and setting up shop, like Nuemcy and Kelem, it would be cool if the shop could be indentifyable by crafting type. Such as a table of pelts in front of Kelem, or a rack of weapons or armor for Nuemcy. 

It would not have to be over complicated, something as simple as a list of possible decor styles based on tradeskills, and the base counter/tables would then reflect that style.

Setting up ones wares for sale in a stall/shop is all well and good, but walk in to just find some PC standing there motionless in a generic setting is bland. Walking in and seeing a table/counter of wares maybe some wall hangings reflective of the trade. This would mean that those changable items would need to be programmed more as props rather than static design, but it would a be very unique feature.

• 1468 posts
    June 2, 2016 8:37 AM PDT

I normally really struggle to make a lot of money when I play MMOs mainly because when I'm grouping I always do Need Before Greed which means I very rarely get items to sell to other players. Only when I upgrade a piece of armour or a weapon do I have something to sell. Maybe this time I'll spend more time farming and trying to actually make some money.

As I'm planning on getting heavily involved in crafting I guess the most stuff I'll sell will be items that I've made. I'm hoping that I'll find a niche to sell specific stuff to certain players that'll make me a nice bit of plat. I know in EQ you could make decent money selling SoW potions so I'd probably try and find something similar. But yeah mainly crafted gear I would guess and perhaps some ingredients that I had farmed.

• 1778 posts
    June 2, 2016 9:21 AM PDT

Fish!! Cause I like fishing. (Please let their be fishing)

• 1303 posts
    June 2, 2016 9:51 AM PDT

Tradeskill items specific to the area that I've bought from adventurers there. So that people who have traveled to the region can aquire them easily (for a price) and I dont have to lug them back to a bigger town. 

Potions/scrolls/elixirs that are helpful for adventurers. 

Antidotes/cures/protections that are key for the local environments. 

So much of the conversation about Pantheon has pointed out the importance of knowing the region you're in, and being properly prepared for it. That suggests an on-going need to supply yourself accordingly. A merchant would be wise to provide services that fill the local need. 

• 613 posts
    June 2, 2016 10:58 AM PDT

Feyshtey said:

Tradeskill items specific to the area that I've bought from adventurers there. So that people who have traveled to the region can aquire them easily (for a price) and I dont have to lug them back to a bigger town. 

Potions/scrolls/elixirs that are helpful for adventurers. 

Antidotes/cures/protections that are key for the local environments. 

So much of the conversation about Pantheon has pointed out the importance of knowing the region you're in, and being properly prepared for it. That suggests an on-going need to supply yourself accordingly. A merchant would be wise to provide services that fill the local need. 

What?  You mean we have to plan before we boldly go out into the wild?  /snicker...

Ox

• 67 posts
    June 2, 2016 11:04 AM PDT

I've always been big in to harvesting, so, assuming the game has them, harvesting tools and probably the mats I've personally harvested.