Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Will Pantheon Incorporate The Concept Of Item Level?

• 1281 posts
    September 15, 2022 3:56 PM PDT

Gaku said:

I really hope they don't ever put in a gear score system, I like the way they said stats will be meaningful and I feel a gear score system just promotes dumping insane amounts of stats onto an item. I would hope that awesome weapon or piece of armor you worked months to attain will hold value longer then til the next expanison where some random trash mob drops an item twice as good.

This is kind of what I am worried about.At a certain point in EQ, the Epic weapons became trash, and all of the hard work to get "class defining weapons" destroyed, because mobs started dropping better stuff.  It's one of the reasons I think that, over time, Epic weapons/armor/skills/whatever should be upgraded by additional quests to keep them valuable and useful.

• 122 posts
    September 18, 2022 11:32 AM PDT

Kalok said:

Gaku said:

I really hope they don't ever put in a gear score system, I like the way they said stats will be meaningful and I feel a gear score system just promotes dumping insane amounts of stats onto an item. I would hope that awesome weapon or piece of armor you worked months to attain will hold value longer then til the next expanison where some random trash mob drops an item twice as good.

This is kind of what I am worried about.At a certain point in EQ, the Epic weapons became trash, and all of the hard work to get "class defining weapons" destroyed, because mobs started dropping better stuff.  It's one of the reasons I think that, over time, Epic weapons/armor/skills/whatever should be upgraded by additional quests to keep them valuable and useful.

I understand what you are saying with this but then you will only ever have that one weapon.... But yes it was a lot of time and effort just to have random mobs drop better gear...;

I do not like item lvl or gear scores of any kind.... If you are going to do something that will take a lot of skill and effort, more likely than not you are going with your guild or people you know, not a pug.... I would rather help people out and get them the gear they need and help with skills to play their class than say sorry your gear score is not whatever so you cannot come.

• 368 posts
    September 18, 2022 3:40 PM PDT

Personally I would love to see epic quest tier equipment / weapons having the ability to add on to or upgrade later, to keep relavent, through an extension to said epic quest in subsequent expansions.

• 245 posts
    September 24, 2022 12:07 AM PDT

If every class gets a class defining weapon through an iconic and meaningful epic quest.

I would like to see any future expansions that create vertical progression to also create additional epic quests that allow people to enhance their existing epic weapon, so we can always keep an epic as one of the best options while at the blazing edge of any content. In this way, raid drops could offer alternative options in a new expansion but new raids shouldn't drop loot that immediately invalidates epic quested weapons.

• 220 posts
    September 30, 2022 1:05 PM PDT

please dont implement this. Its lead to vertical progression game play and mechanic, meta, all that veritical mess that comes plague mmorpg.

please keep PROTF a horizonal progression game.

former FF14 iLv gear player. every gear in ff14 is meaningless and dugeoun ilv gear grind... yuck.

• 39 posts
    October 4, 2022 3:39 AM PDT
    Make it possible to modify weapons with additional properties, not boost their stats. Diverging like ain't a slayer token that boosts damage against x monster. In this way a player could modify a weapon of any level with that token of they so felt it was worth while, or of they found a better person later on they could acquire another token or make another weapon for a different creature. Winning around with only one attack or weapons type has always been the dumbest part of so many MMOs. A meta loadout is about as stale a thing as you can create.

I keep mentioning Asherons Call because they did it right. Heck, even DDO understood this idea that one weapon for any occasion was just bad design and lead to homogeneity in loadouts. A singular item and the idea of BIS great is just boring beyond measure. Maybe a certain damage type, or weapons with a certain damage type or property are best for a particular fore, but what weapon each player uses to get that damage can be up to them. Games like ESO get it very very wrong in this regard