Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Decisions Decisions

• 264 posts
    April 28, 2016 12:42 PM PDT

I would like to see most of the content available to everybody.

I would like to see about 75 percent of the game dedicated to group play, about 15 percent solo play, about 10 percent large raiding play.

I find that to much of a game can be exclusive to a very small amount of players that are some how able to spend 10 hours every single day of the week, or more.

I am fine with some of the content being almost unreachable, if it is not 30 percent of the game. Everybody will be paying a sub each month, lets not lock up a third of the content from people who have to work and take care of business.

Also, if I am somehow able to get someplace, I should be able go inside in almost all cases. Spending too much time trying to "Key" everybody just sucks. If one person has a key then the group should be able to get in. There should be no zones that are keyed, only doors.

Freedom Baby, that is what I want.

Skycaster Crimsonhands

This post was edited by Skycaster at April 28, 2016 12:55 PM PDT
    • 76 posts
    April 28, 2016 12:58 PM PDT

This might seem like a silly thing to want, but other things have been said and this was my fav part of vanguard and even eq and i have no idea why.

i want some races to be disliked or kill on sight in other races capital cities. it was always so fun having no idea if you were going to get killed when you went into a town or be liked it made you wary even when exploring. that and finding ways to sneak into towns that hate you was always fun, see how far you can get inside before the guards find and end you.

Odd thing to want i know but it always gave me lots of enjoyment.

This post was edited by Akailo at April 28, 2016 12:59 PM PDT
    • 264 posts
    April 28, 2016 1:05 PM PDT

I think something unique that has not been done before for trading and buying would be cool.

For example, Every character has a card that shows their Business name and profession. Lets say you have met or know a tailor and he gives you his card, you can put that in a contact book along with other cards from people that you have met that craft or sell items or supplies. You would go to your contact book and click on the card and it would show what your vendor of choice has for sale and if they are open for business and where they are at. 

If you never met this person you would have to run into them in a group or at a public crafting/selling area to even have their card. The Business could give out as many cards as they want as long as it is handed to an individual in person. Being able to click on the card and retrieve infomation would cut down on all the crazy tells a craftsperson has to deal with sometimes. The ability to have a business name for the card kind of like a dba thing (John Smith Doing Business As "Smithy Arms") would mean if you are not in Craftsperson mode nobody could contact you while adventuring, as you would only become "Smithy Arms" when you wanted to engage in Business.

This adds some modern touches to speed up the process but also keeps the relationship more intimate and may require some travel. People would be more likley to build a small community chain of supply to help each other as the contact book would be limited to lets say 40 contacts.

Sorry got carried away :) 

Sky

This post was edited by Skycaster at April 28, 2016 1:08 PM PDT
    • 11 posts
    April 28, 2016 1:07 PM PDT

FierinaFuryfist said:

Krixus said:

The problem with talent trees is that a "meta" will be figured out and then we really will get into situations where people are "less than". Instead of how well a player plays the class being what differentiates the best from good from average and poor, it becomes whether or not you hit the skill tree jackpot. 

Expansive Talent trees eventually lead to cookie cutter builds that want to maximize that extra .5% healing/dps/mitigation.  Well, I guess the trees don't do that, the min-max playerbase does that.  

As to what I'd like to see:

Class specific Epic quests that require an epic JOURNEY.  You will be collecting pieces for the quest in multiple zones across multiple continents...  And you start them very early on in the game.

I agree here Epic Class quests for weapons and armor would be awsome !!

• 25 posts
    April 28, 2016 7:54 PM PDT

Levitation

• 37 posts
    April 28, 2016 9:27 PM PDT

Tough question with so many great systems out there in all the MMOs over the last 15 years!

I really enjoy the conversation going in the topic Beastiary in general forums, I would like to see a combonation of almost all of those Ideas into a single system. 

• 133 posts
    April 28, 2016 10:49 PM PDT

The kind of caravans I’d like to see.

I’m now looking at things from the perspective of a group of friends, who want to have a fulfilling 2 hour session. That’s all the time they have on that day. (Personally, I won’t have this problem, but this is not about my play style now.)

Worst case scenario, their characters are all in different parts of the world.

Let’s say, they want to check out the huge Dungeon of The Wailing Wraith together. They know they won’t be able to do a full dungeon crawl, but they want to take a peek. How do they meet up within a reasonable space of time for a partial dungeon crawl?

My answer would be a type of caravan, but one that doesn’t take you anywhere and everywhere. And it would be an actual caravan with wagons you click on. It would be one that spawns a short ways away from the caravan out post and moves to the “station”, where it stays for a fairly short time (read more about it below) until it starts moving away to despawn. All about immersion, folks! It only becomes clickable/boardable while it’s standing still.

How would it work in practice? Our players in question run to the nearest settlement/caravan out post. They talk to the caravan NPC and a timer starts for 15 (throwing in a random number here) RL minutes. The text each player receives would be something like, and would also correspond to the settlement where they are: “Hear ye! Hear ye! A caravan will pass The Hamlet of Hunks this morning/midday/evening [whatever it may be in game time].” You only get this text if you've hailed the caravan NPC, or it might get annoying if you're hanging around the out post for other reasons. (Or the caravans could simply spawn every 15 RL minutes without the player specific timer.) You pay the NPC to board.

Porting would be better than caravan travel, since it's not on a timer. If you can’t find a port to the druid ring/wizard tower/mage cauldron closest to the dungeon, you can either start walking or wait for the caravan — whichever works best after the port you couldn’t get. This will keep porting useful as well as having both walking/exploring and caravans be that, too.

During the waiting period — if you opt to wait — you can try fighting a small group of soloable mobs near the out post, use your bank, refill your food and drink, craft, forage, mine for gems/metals, fill your mana gem, run a quick errand for the out post, or whatever else. No gems-game to fill out the time :) ! You have to take care, though, and keep a lookout for the caravan. It’ll wait a few minutes before leaving. You will also get a text warning just before to alert you in time.

Now say one of the guys suddenly has to log because of a RL emergency when you're in the dungeon. How do you get the replacement reasonably quickly into your group in the dungeon? You make your way to the entrance, crawling out, using an evac spell, etc. There you wait for the replacement until he gets to you, which he does by using one of the means mentioned above, or perhaps he/she happened to have logged out outside the dungeon. No instant player replacement that might break immersion, but something that is purposeful, and gives you a sense of a meaningful world, while at the same time not taking too long.

If a player goes on a family trip and wants to play with his/her friends upon return, he can use this caravan type thing to get to them.

If the trip or other absence is longer and the friends out-level him/her, they could opt to use a game session for scaling down, so that he/she may gain experience and close in on their level. (I had a friend in EQ, who quit at level 25, when the rest of us had levelled to 35 or higher. He was really sad and didn't want to quit, but what could he/we do?)

Okay, sorry, Kilsin, that was 2 things.

Like I happened to mention, I’m not a casual player, and y'all know what I prefer by now, I hope. But I find we do need to cater to other play styles, too.

• 11 posts
    April 29, 2016 1:09 PM PDT

I would like to see class specific quests that would allow us to put together epic weapons and armor, by gathering the pieces and having to craft them together or taking them to an npc that would combine them together to make the ultimate weapon/armor for my class. I think that would be fun. But also agree with others here an AA system would be great as well.

• 613 posts
    April 29, 2016 2:15 PM PDT

Is flying combat out of the question?  I am going to smoke a turd in purgatory for that one.  

Ox

• 2138 posts
    April 29, 2016 3:11 PM PDT

A  good Guild Wars mechanic, where guild can war against guild, wether grouped or ungrouped, but maybe not if Guild member X X is in group with neutrals. Open season on ungrouped, of guild grouped members. 

• 112 posts
    April 29, 2016 3:14 PM PDT

multiple ways to deal with the same situation.

'no enchanters? sorry, you're -----'

why not ' we have no hard CC, maybe the classXXX  can snare and kite long enough for us to succeed...'

things of that nature - im sure others - as well as VR can come up with more complex ideas

• 264 posts
    April 29, 2016 3:18 PM PDT

werzul said:

multiple ways to deal with the same situation.

'no enchanters? sorry, you're -----'

why not ' we have no hard CC, maybe the classXXX  can snare and kite long enough for us to succeed...'

things of that nature - im sure others - as well as VR can come up with more complex ideas

I agree Werzul 

• 264 posts
    April 29, 2016 3:22 PM PDT

Oxillion said:

Is flying combat out of the question?  I am going to smoke a turd in purgatory for that one.  

Ox

Duuude! They have smoking Turds in purgatory ? 

Flying Combat ? Thats crazy Brah :)

I like it I like it

Sky

• 16 posts
    April 29, 2016 4:36 PM PDT

Kicking snakes that drop plate armor and spears!!! or maybe 1 shoe or boot hehe

• 613 posts
    April 29, 2016 4:38 PM PDT

I remember in VG in Beta just before release being able to fly.  I also remember discussions about combat in the air on mounts.  Blizzard dabbled in it but that got the kabash real fast.  I think it would be interesting and frankly awsome fight from the backs of dragons.  It would be insane.

Ox

• 613 posts
    April 29, 2016 4:39 PM PDT

iamme said:

Kicking snakes that drop plate armor and spears!!! or maybe 1 shoe or boot hehe

Now thats funny! 

Ox

• 2419 posts
    April 29, 2016 6:24 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

If you could pick 1 and only 1 thing that you would like to see in Pantheon, what would it be and why? :)

The log-in screen....BECAUSE I'M BORED!!!

Seriously though, I want to see that the shaman class has as strong of a utility as the EQ1 shaman, focused more on the buffs, debuffs, HoTs and DoTs than a straight healer.

• 9115 posts
    April 29, 2016 6:47 PM PDT

Nice folks! Lots of varied answers I like it :)

• 839 posts
    April 29, 2016 8:07 PM PDT

Sorry 3 things...

Would be great to see wards for a certain class of healer! I love wards!

A warning before charm breaks for a enchanter, not in the form of text but the mob acting in some way, maybe dizzy for a second or 2 before it breaks, so you have to be paying close attention to notice the way they are acting and if you are not paying attention it will still take you by surprise

and lastly i definitely want to see a few HIGH LVL MOBS roaming lower level areas, like EC Griffons or Oasis SG's, these are so important to teaching new players that this aint no picnic party and you would do well to learn fast not to turn your back on anything for too long.  Also brings high lvls and low lvls together much more often which s good for the community.

• 47 posts
    April 29, 2016 8:16 PM PDT

There are already a lot of things I can think of that I would like to see that I know will be in the game... That's why we're all here :) But if I had to pick one, that I'm not sure will be included, it would be housing. An in-depth, varied, flexible housing system. I never got a chance to play Vanguard beyond Beta so I don't know what there's was like, but I do know that out of all the games I've ever played EQ2 had by far the best housing system I've run across. I know many people are against the instancing part of it, and honestly that doesn't really matter to me. 

What I loved was having a home where I could place items whereever I wanted. I could put books on bookshelves (I loved collecting books!), i could put lamps and vases, and anything i wanted on tables. There were shelves you could build for your walls and place things on. There were all sorts items you could collect throughout the world that you could put in your home. Far more than the item limit of your house. And those were pretty high - you could put hundreds of items in your house. On top of that you could be a carpenter that made housing items. I want to be able to save those epic/legendary/whatever weapons and armour and display them in my house, to keep them somewhere other than taking up bank space, long after I don't use them anymore.

If there was one thing that I would want to see make it into this already fabulous game that would be it.  

This post was edited by Jhypsi at April 29, 2016 8:17 PM PDT
    • 238 posts
    April 29, 2016 8:51 PM PDT
    No raid hard caps.
    One guild can bring 3 groups of elite to a raid while another might bring 5 groups.
    Stop making guilds bench thier members because some one doesn't like the idea that you aren't beating it exactly the way you did.
    • 89 posts
    April 29, 2016 10:07 PM PDT

I would want to see "barren" areas that are regularly populated get some developer attention.

Remember the EC tunnel? The area was constantly filled to the brim with players trading everything under the sun. The whole place in reality would have been a literal underground black market, where adventurers and other charlatans from the four corners of Norath gathered to hawk their ill gotten gains.

How cool would it have been for the area to be populated with some meaningless graphical shanty towns and factionless "a drifter" and "a shady vendor" NPCs? Just give the place a bit more character, no guards, no factions, just some scenery change to reflect the nature of the business that went down there.  Like a fantasy Tortuga.  With less boats.

• 59 posts
    April 29, 2016 10:55 PM PDT

Cromulent said:

Difficult question. I think the thing I would most like to see isn't really a game feature at all but more a community thing. I'd love to see a guide program that keen members of the community can join to help people out. [...]

I knew there was a reason I saw you as a keen minded and insiteful individual. :)

Other than what Cromulent mentioned, in addition to the community inspiring adventuring, I'd say good exploration because variety is the spice of life.  In a world I log in to because it feels like home I'd love to login, find a world which has hiden meanings behind a rock, or in a cave, or in a pond or on top of a mountain.  VG did quite a bit with off the grid "non-quest" quests.  Cairns, puzzles come to mind and even diplomacy.  Lore might be found by going on walkabout.  The journey itself would be a reward but who could resist flaunting a cosmetic item or title to show that through perserveriance you achieved something the less inclined might not.

Making it so these types of things can happen organically and not be repeated by wiki might mean various entry points and conditions to find you own path.

• 37 posts
    April 30, 2016 12:26 AM PDT

I would have to say I would like to see a game where I feel like I am not wasting my time. The only game I played where I felt like I wasn't wasting my time was Everquest (and Diablo 3 before the RM-AH was removed). I guess it goes to the fact that regardless of what expansion came out, there was still a point in doing everything in the previous expansions in EQ. In other games, like WoW, if you were in the middle of doing the hardest raid and a new expansion was released, suddenly there was no point in doing that content anymore for two reasons: the first being that all the gear will be worse than the new expansion's GREEN items - the second being that the new levels would make the old content so easy that it lost its "challenge" value.

I would hope Pantheon follows Everquest (or at least the way Everquest was until instances became a thing). Content (non-instanced, of course) having a purpose beyond the current expansion is a must for me to feel that, regardless of what I am doing or how long it takes, there is a reason for me to do everything the game offers.

It was a joy to be able to log onto a game and say, "What do I want to do tonight?" and have more than 3 options of things to do, regardless of your level.

• 53 posts
    April 30, 2016 12:35 AM PDT

No level restriction on Armor/Weapons and NO no drop items .

So many games offer quick leveling and I hate this concept it would be much more fun to twink up an Alt with items you have gained on you're main character. Since there is no PVP in the game this hurts no one and makes the game a lot of fun playing other characters after you have spent the time leveling up your main.